Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

36 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Today, I got a new Jico stylus replacement in the mail, and I've been enjoying it all afternoon. The impact on sound quality in the chain is very positive. 

In the past year and a half, I have mostly invested in buying CDs and vinyl albums, not in hardware.

Maybe it's a bit inappropriate to post about the total cost of my setup, but I'm not expecting anybody to do the same, I just like to share this with you because I've been really enjoying the music while not allowing myself costly investments because I have three teenage kids/students, so there isn't a lot of budget available. 

This is the gear I have acquired over the past 5 years or so, and now forms my main system:

• 1972 Klipsch Heresy speakers (€700)
  • Leben Hifi CS300 (€1,200) + €100 worth of tubes
  • Technics SL DL1  (€75) + two styli (€30 (Thakker) and €63 (Jico))
  • iFi Zen Phono (open box price €124 (retail price is €199))
  • Advance Acoustic MicroStreamer (€129)
  • Marantz CD5005 (open box price €170)
  • Beyerdynamic DT990Pro 250 Ohm (open box price €129)

Total investment: €2,720

Most of this gear was bought after getting advice here and doing a lot of reading on this forum. I did buy some other gear as well, but that's not in my main system.

suprised me that you´ve got the Leben CS 300 for this amount , acual price is 2K€ and above , good deal bud

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MeloManiac said:

Like your setup, of course, but also the fact that the album is still in its plastic wrapping.

Twenty or twenty five years ago, I gave Holiday's 'Lady in Satin' to a friend as a gift. I recently bought the CD for myself. This is one of her last recordings. It was the last release while she was still alive, in 1958. She sounds fragile on it, like a ghost almost, but it brings the songs to a higher level, in my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_in_Satin

Ladyinsatin2.jpg

No... That's the MoFi LP OS covers.

I have 3 1st pressings, just wanted to hear the cart come of age (50hrs).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, amped said:

White Rabbit- I got this about a year ago- heard the title track on the radio (wfuv) became intrigued. It’s good!

https://www.discogs.com/master/64220-George-Benson-White-Rabbit?format=Vinyl&country=US&year=1972

Had a quick listen - The album has a Latin jazz feel 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

:)

Love the way that table looks in front of that window.   How easily does it lift out of that granite?  Asking for a friend.  :)   

Now Thats Stealing Redd Foxx GIF - Now Thats Stealing Redd Foxx Fred Sanford GIFs

😂  😂  😂   

Dave the lips on the table are only 3/4''. I had the granite cut 1/4'' more then the bottom frame. So with the rubber tape for protection, it was a tight fit. But since I dropped in the unit, I'm not going to remove it until I have to. I do have another piece of granite being cut that's a darker color, so maybe then, I'll remove it. 🙃

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KROCK said:

Pushing 48 hrs. on the cart, W/Billie Holiday.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc27db936dff2781f51f51a482c18b70.jpeg

Excellent shot! The soft white or could be reflecting off of the golden cover accentuate that granite perfectly.

Looks similar to agate in a way!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Excellent shot! The soft white or could be reflecting off of the golden cover accentuate that granite perfectly.

Looks similar to agate in a way!

John, that's the light. I have it dimmed, goes from 2k to 6k LED. Good eye!

Not that anyone gives a shit, I'll take a full view shot later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, KROCK said:

I'm not going to remove it until I have to.

What's your address so I can load you into my GPS?

6 hours ago, KROCK said:

I do have another piece of granite being cut that's a darker color, so maybe then, I'll remove it. 🙃

Why did I know that was coming?  Hey @dirtmudd.  Rumor has it @KROCK might have a chunk of granite for ya.  :)

Fail Heavy GIF - Fail Heavy Break GIFs

😂

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Have to make sure I don't buy that one bud.

Car-fax wouldn't tell me a chunk of concrete the size of a deep freeze had been dropped into it.

No black pickups for me. Easy, it's usually hot in my region. Had a blk/blk car once. Not again!

24.jpg

22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Update on my new Jico Stylus, bonded and elliptical. On Wednesday I was greatly impressed by the improvement in sound quality when listening to my 'usual suspects' pop, rock and jazz albums. 

Today I listened to some of my more demanding Baroque albums, and an old Grieg best of album, with great conductors. See picture for details. This album used to sound dark and moody/muddy but now it shines with brightness and bass. I guess the greatness of the recording lies in the deeper part of the grooves, where my old needle couldn't reach... 

PSX_20230210_174626.jpg

PSX_20230210_174607.jpg

PSX_20230210_173744.jpg

PSX_20230210_184708.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1