Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I mean only other men collect houses, cars, boats, women, motorcycles, socks, ties, suits, shoes or whatever , there are a few carts no crime

I also collect hats 🎩 

This one is a hand made Beaver fur felt hat 

Some well made hats can go for $500 plus 

BC9BD53E-0482-49EE-9775-E8FED78A2A87.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Ok, now I'm nosin!  

http://www.beercityaudio.com/index.php/tritium-moving-coil-lp-record-air-bearing-tonearm-turntable.html

TRITIUM ELECTRONICS BEER CITY AUDIO MOVING COIL LP

No way is it gonna happen though.  lolol

I read the advertisement 

My TT has all that and it’s an Idler drive 

I will take half of that asking price 🤪🤪🤪

Wah Wah Wah 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Things at an auction in Milwaukee.  Goes in 9 days and it's got 1500 on it now.  If Anyone's looking the place  is a honey hole.  Tubes and old mono blocks, some Mc gear but it's old too.  Did have a pair of Mc early monoblocks from 48-50 I think.   I should be in bed!  lol  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

One reason I like Sundays, see below... The other reasons are good music, Klipsch and this forum! Cheers! 

PSX_20230212_123110.jpg

now to understand this correctly Ivan....you take the picard with soda and at the end you mix it with bananas ? 😂

• Haha 5

@KROCK guten Morgen , finished your breakfast allready ? , continuing with vinyl spinning on a sunday morning ?

Instead of sleeping I have continued to listen to the 501 III until the early morning, it has captivated me, sucked purely into its acoustic nirvana. I could not stop so great is the enthusiasm ! In the course of the playing time it developed a tremendous dynamic with a precision, resolution, airiness and musical flow that I can only describe as fantastic. As I mentioned at the beginning ... it is difficult to describe the sonic attributes of this Mc's at once . Similarly, only from my collection, the MM Sonus GoldBlue and the MI ADC XLM MK IV Selected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

This is one of the albums that's sounds bright and sparkling with my new bonded Jico elliptical stylus now, while it was dark and muddy with the old, standard needle. 

PSX_20230212_152454.jpg

I really like to hear that you´ve got so much listening pleasure now with the new jico needle on your technics , but what i really can´t understand is the placement on the floor from your Klipsch Speakers , they really need some stands , than you will have a much much better audio performance in your listening room

1219164564_stnder.thumb.jpg.7f2fd28ffc360b443c20bfb3b7e7df98.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/YCDJCS-Lautsprecherständer-Stand-Wohnzimmer-Surround-Rack-Heimkino-HiFi-Surround-Lautsprecher/dp/B0888FSDXC?th=1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I really like to hear that you´ve got so much listening pleasure now with the new jico needle on your technics , but what i really can´t understand is the placement on the floor from your Klipsch Speakers , they really need some stands , than you will have a much much better audio performance in your listening room

https://www.amazon.de/YCDJCS-Lautsprecherständer-Stand-Wohnzimmer-Surround-Rack-Heimkino-HiFi-Surround-Lautsprecher/dp/B0888FSDXC?th=1

One must be careful concerning the older Heresy... Lifting them from the ground results, depending on the room, in losses in the lower end of frequency range in some cases...

• Like 3

IMG_2723.jpg.987fc4bd16d6938606f552d4cebe2ce6.jpg

Seems like I will have to get this one on Discogs after all... Got this one together with several others from a fellow member over on the Dual forum. Now, most of the stuff I buy from Him is always decent, many are near mint or better. Sadly this one had it rough in it´s lifetime... It´s camp-fire and clicks and pops all over. Would have been my third Maiden-Vinyl...

Ah well, got to have some bad some time to appreciate the good at other times.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I used to put them higher (tweeter at ear height when sitting), but they lose a lot of low frequencies when like that. Those are nice stands by the way. I may still buy them, just to be able to put my Hs on stands is I want to.

• Like 3

Welllllll, did you like them that way?  

iRsers are simple.  Make your own.  Get a  block of foam and just cut a wedge the size of the riser and slide it under the speaker or improvise.  I'll give you the front and rear measurements of one of my risers if you want to try that.  I added a pair to mine but ya don't need to.

• Like 2