WTB: inexpensive pre amp with remote

Matthews

1 hour ago, Matthews said:

Looking for a pre amp at little cost. Preferred if unit has remote volume control.  Needing something with pre-outs to sample different power amps.

Thanks, Matt

Matt,

I have one of these just taking up space,  Emotiva Stealth DC-1 , would this work for you? Has remote, two sets of pre-outputs (both active at same time), built in DAC, and volume knob. If you're interested PM me. 

Almost forgot I have a Nakamichi CA-5 that I bought off ebay but never used. It's analog no remote. 

Mark

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Schu said:

Why would a preamp have preouts? 

main-outs, pre-outs...  6 or 1/2 dozen I suppose?

9 minutes ago, Schu said:

Are you looking for a tube based, powered solid state or a passive?

Looking for an SS pre  -  "cincymat" is sending me his Nakamichi to play with.  A little excited about that :D

Ultimately, after I get the RF-7's home, am going to want a big boy amplifier so I figured I'd start with the more affordable pre-amp.  It is kind of like starting all over again.  No regrets :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

15 hours ago, Matthews said:

Ultimately, after I get the RF-7's home, am going to want a big boy amplifier so I figured I'd start with the more affordable pre-amp.  It is kind of like starting all over again.  No regrets :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Look for a QSC PLX amp.  Even the 1202 has plenty of beef and very affordable. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 9:40 AM, cincymat said:

I have a Nakamichi CA-5 that I bought off ebay but never used.

Thank you so much, "cincymat" (aka Mark)

This little guy is absolutely beautiful.  Can't wait to get my amp, speakers and run some juice. 

NakCA5.thumb.jpg.07dca105e7d4fc9fab607bd510fa8db6.jpg

Receiving this lil' gem has reawakened that deep itch of one day owning the monster PA-7 Stasis.  Oh gosh, what have you gotten me into here Mark? :blink2:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

4 minutes ago, Matthews said:

Thank you so much, "cincymat" (aka Mark)

This little guy is absolutely beautiful.  Can't wait to get my amp, speakers and run some juice. 

NakCA5.thumb.jpg.07dca105e7d4fc9fab607bd510fa8db6.jpg

Receiving this lil' gem has reawakened that deep itch of one day owning the monster PA-7 Stasis.  Oh gosh, what have you gotten me into here Mark? :blink2:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Hope she sounds as sweet as she looks.  Looks like she survived shipping OK. Read the literature I included?

Mark

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:51 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Look for a QSC PLX amp.  Even the 1202 has plenty of beef and very affordable. 

Absolutely.  I have 4 of them on my "7" set up in the living room.  I like them so much I got one for my 396's.  Great sounding amps and plenty of current.

• Like 1