What's the name of that island resort?

muel

Seems like a couple of years ago someone here was talking about and showed a few pictures of some island resort.  I just remember that you have to fly into some other island (that I had actually heard of) and you had to take a boat out to this place.  They only had like 10 huts and a restaurant.  Basically all there was to do was sit on the beach, swim, drink or eat.  Anyone recall this?

22 minutes ago, muel said:

Seems like a couple of years ago someone here was talking about and showed a few pictures of some island resort.  I just remember that you have to fly into some other island (that I had actually heard of) and you had to take a boat out to this place.  They only had like 10 huts and a restaurant.  Basically all there was to do was sit on the beach, swim, drink or eat.  Anyone recall this?

If you can wait long enough, the city of Miami will be an island only accessible by boat.....

Probably not it but to get to Saba you have to fly into St. Maarten and then get an island hopper to fly you over (or I suppose you could boat over)

So it fits most of the description however, your description of it strikes me as even smaller than this place (which is pretty darn small BUT, charming as all get out!)

The diving is pretty nice too....very deep right off the (extinct volcano) island.

http://www.sabatourism.com/

If this happens to be it, I'll tell you a story to give you an idea of how nice they are.

We stayed on St. Maarten for a week.  Prior to leaving, I went to Saba alone, wife stayed behind to shop.  I stashed a $100 in my wallet for pocket money on our way home and gave her the rest of the cash.  I didn't leave home without my American Express....so I was fine.

Except....they didn't accept AE...  

I didn't discover this until AFTER I had gone on one (of two) dives AND, rented their camera...  hmmm...what to do......?

I told them to cash me out and I'd cancel the second dive, paying for things out of the $100 I had on hand.

She said "Nope....nobody comes to Saba and not dive.....tell you what....  keep the camera (for the next dive), get on the boat, keep your cash and when you get home, just mail me a check for the amount, ok??"

After I picked my jaw up from the ground...  I agreed and had a wonderful second dive.

The day I got home, I slapped a check in the mail.

(now, in all fairness....how much were they really out?  A refill of a tank of air?  My seat on the boat (which wasn't full) and a hamburger for lunch??)

Still, her sincerity floored me.

Had to find this one....  you have to get here by boat from Iquitos, Peru.  Very desolate....you can twinkle your toes in the water (Amazon tributary I believe) but watch out for some of the local fish...  they like to nibble and, they have teeth.

Amazon.jpg

On 6/2/2017 at 8:56 PM, Coytee said:

Had to find this one....  you have to get here by boat from Iquitos, Peru.  Very desolate....you can twinkle your toes in the water (Amazon tributary I believe) but watch out for some of the local fish...  they like to nibble and, they have teeth.

Nice.  I wonder if they have turndown service?

Looks more like a setting for an episode of "River Monsters"

• Like 1

On 6/2/2017 at 3:24 PM, muel said:

This was not all you had to do, unless you are to old!

Image result for devil smiley face

• Like 1

Ahhhh. Soggys.    Yeah, you have to hit that spot when you are in that area. The best Conch fritters and MAhi sandwiches around. Their Jerk Chicken is good too.  Great beach, great drinks, usually great scenery as well. At least until a Euro or three show up in speedos :huh:    There are places to stay there on Jost Van Dyke, but not much more than that at all.  You're better off staying on St. John and taking a boat to Soggy's and hitting the Baths on Virgin Gorda.  There is so much cool stuff to see down there and its just a little over 3 hours south of Atlanta.

You could fly in to St Thomas and take a boat or take a puddle jumper from St Thomas to Tortola, then take a boat over.

You'll need a passport being in the BVI, but not if you stayed on St. John.

Got a big crew of 16 headed down there in November this year.

Double click on photo for full screen on live Soggy dollar bar cam

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam

The Baths on Virgin Gorda

https://youtu.be/-_pVtq4iF3U

We would need a loooooot of money.  I can tap out in 7 days there. 

Heres a good one for you, the boss and 8 of your friends

https://www.moorings.com/yachts/crewed-fleet/5800-legacy-6-cabin

Or get multiple couples and rent a place on St. John. Take the boat trips to Soggys, the Baths and play around on the 25 or so beaches on St. John via your Jeep Wrangler.

The good thing is,  after you're scorched from the sun and pickled from the Rum you can come back to your "Mega Villa" to some good old USA air conditioning and live in a Caribbean mansion for a week

http://www.stjohnvillas.com/villa-listing/search/?guests=8&checkin=11%2F11%2F2017&checkout=11%2F17%2F2017

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Max2 said:

We would need a loooooot of money.  I can tap out in 7 days there. 

Your right, but I could sit on the boat and and eat bologna sandwiches to hang out at a place like that longer. 

• Like 1