Car Thread

burninator

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everbody,

Miami F1 Grand Prix   Grand drapeau américain - 150 x 250 cm - M. des Drapeaux

My favorite French driver is last on the grid due to an accident during practice.

But he's a great Esteban Ocon driver, he's going to try to come back and make a top 10 to get points in the world championship!!!

Pierre Gasly is great driver too !

Good Grand Prix  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been spending a bit more time at the track lately...  None in my own car.  :)  A couple of the cars I tuned recently, the owners told me to come to the track and bring my helmet.  

500whp STi - Time Attack at PPIR this weekend (I was tuning another car on the the track the day prior and got to see a Hill Climb NSX put his hood into the windshield.  Such a bummer). 

E30 tuned RS-3 (this one was a tuner friend of mine... He tuned it, but he wanted me to show him around the track).  The rest of the car was bone stock and the brakes were not on par, which I knew would be the case.  Ate up the front pads almost entirely that day and had to bleed the fluid several times just to get back out for a few more laps.

This was a Lemons car I went out to Detroit to tune...  New and technical track, and I hadn't driven the car before.  I went out without even looking at a track map or videos, so I basically spent time learning the track...  Not particularly fast.  

Finally, I attended this one only as track support to a friend.  The white STi makes roughly 500whp and at these roll races, your trap speed is pretty much on par as what your trap speed would be in a drag race.  We were trying to hit the 120mph mark, which it had, but took a little bit more driving (brake boost, no-lift shifting).

We also did a compressor comparison video with the STi in the roll race.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

We also did a compressor comparison video with the STi in the roll race.  

what's  the  pitched Chirping sound at  higher  revs at   2min 28 sec and 8 min 47 sec .........caused by..........the Valvetrain ?  cams ?  just wondering  ..Tx ,

1 minute ago, 001 said:

what's  the  pitched Chirping sound at  higher  revs at   2min 28 sec and 8 min 47 sec .........caused by..........the Valvetrain ?  cams ?  just wondering  ..Tx ,

Atmospheric blow off valve. 

• Thanks 1