What I Got Today!

Brac

I sold my KV-2 and my extra KSB 1.1s and picked this road warrior up for $150! I have had my eye on this guy for about a year now for this idea I had and finally pulled the trigger. I am going to repaint it and do some work on the crossovers then put  a mono summing network and Dayton Audio chip amp with a rechargeable 12v 3a Li Ion battery pack in the cab to make it a portable speaker. Build thread coming soon. It will be a Groovy Heresy...B)

Displaying IMG_0488.JPG

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oldred said:

comay,

I see what you mean about the rear panel for stabilization..... How did you go about doing the lighting in the shelves??

Thanks,

G.E.M.

Ikea makes lights for the Expedit and Kallax shelves.

th_9DA2FAAF-7AFC-420F-B589-FB05DC752F8F.

I used 1/4" square dowels, stained and attached with brad nails. I attached the lights behind the dowels with the provided adhesive strips. Then drilled some holes in the back and ran the wires down the back.

th_A32F785B-56F8-4E80-80C1-9CABDEC3C516. th_F0C5877E-CE1E-47B0-835D-F0986FA469ED. th_12158C17-61B6-4CA3-8CE6-09541423D586. th_DSCN6795.jpg

This was my inspiration. In other words, this is the idea I stole.

42F4306E-ECFD-4121-B609-67A53CEE0DBE.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, oldred said:

Wow.....the method is simple. The effects are fantastic. I see from website the description of led..... states fixed. Does this mean they can not be dimmed?

I have to say one of the simplest yet coolest effects I have seen.

Thanks for the plan and Great job.

G.E.M.

Yeah, the method was super simple. No new ground was being broken for sure. I added the dowels because I wanted the light to be concentrated on the records and not to shine back into the room similar to the example pic above. The effect the lights provide is great but the main reason for wanting lights is because my eyes are starting to go and needed a little help.

I got the $20 model but there is a $30 model that changes colors. I don't know if either one can be dimmed or not.

Thanks for the compliment.

And... what's your impression?

Really don't have any , my room has 4 pairs of speakers in it so I'm trying to move 3 of them into a room for storage . Once that's done I'll listen more to them . Plus I'm having a integrated built by ToolShed I want to use

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the LED light strips. My CD rack definitely needs something like that. I have to keep a flashlight on top of it to see the CDs at night, even with the room lighting, which is bright enough for normal use. But not bright enough to see the CD titles when they are in the cabinet.

1 minute ago, Grizzog said:

Are you going to try the KHorns on the long wall? 13' looks like you may have to be near-field to get the proper imaging and be on-axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not possible. One wall has two entries (eliminating one corner) and the other wall has a fireplace in the middle

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!