What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators

Firewood, 2 cords, about twice what we use for our average winter, it's our only heat in the house.   

The price was so good after he brought the first we asked him for another @  $160 each, the average last year was around $225 or more. Still have some from last year stacked by the smoker for cooking.

house.jpg

• Like 5

We had friends in Wisconsin who only used about two cords a year. They built their own home, totally passive solar. The only time they needed the wood stove was after it had been overcast and dark for a few days, which wasn't that often. We would go visit when it was -10 outside and their house would be 74 degrees, very comfy.

Bruce

• Moderators

We have very mild winters compared to them, it might get into the teens a couple time on a cold winter, nothing like your friends. We light the heater anytime it get's a little chilly, sometime to just let it go out later to remove the dampness. It took me a while to learn how to dampen it down enough to be comfortable.

Sounds like your friends were very smart to build like they did.  

• Moderators

I know it can get cold at night, probably not regularly ?

Last time I was in Las Vegas I was with my parents and I was a kid. Where we stayed had in ground hot tubs out in a courtyard and I wanted to go. My dad said go thinking I would change my mind, it was cold, there was steam coming off of each hot tub. I ran out there and got in and I was fine, later when I went to get out I realized how cold it was as i ran back to the room looking like I was on fire with all the steam coming off of me. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2016 at 0:03 PM, dtel said:

Firewood, 2 cords, about twice what we use for our average winter, it's our only heat in the house.   

The price was so good after he brought the first we asked him for another @  $160 each, the average last year was around $225 or more. Still have some from last year stacked by the smoker for cooking.

house.jpg

I heat with wood too. I go through a lot more wood that that in a winter...i need a smaller house. 

Backert Labs Rhythm 1.1 tube preamp

Got my preamp upgraded with some Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil coupling caps. I cant make up my mind which preamp to keep the Backert or the NBS there that close and a big difference in price . That tells you how good the NBS is .

I guess Ill keep the one that don't sell either way Id be happy

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0042.JPG

• Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 10:40 AM, A1UC said:

Backert Labs Rhythm 1.1 tube preamp

Got my preamp upgraded with some Mundorf Supreme Silver/Gold/Oil coupling caps. I cant make up my mind which preamp to keep the Backert or the NBS there that close and a big difference in price . That tells you how good the NBS is .

I guess Ill keep the one that don't sell either way Id be happy

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_0042.JPG

Does it not amaze you that something so simple (and granted with nice components), can cost so much?  

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!