NCAAF

oldtimer

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The Knights certainly proved they can compete with anybody.

Well, UCF is the only undefeated team this year. What a game they played today. 

Too bad the Wolverines couldn’t make the Big 10 undefeated in bowl games this year. 

Like the Dawgs win over the Sooners. Bama is playing well so far, Roll Tide Roll. 

Heaven help me me but I just can’t stand Dabo.. 

That Oklahoma/Georgia game is as good as it gets and I was rooting for the Big 12 Champ Sooners.  I thought the coaching staff throttled back Baker Mayfield.  I think if that hadn't been so conservative in the second half GA would have been constantly having to overcome multi-score deficits.  Instead it was up to the OK defense to save the day.  Big mistake.

+++

Back to music:  ESPN2 showed some of the halftime shows of OK and GA, sight and sound.  They showed on the marching of the Ala/Clemson game.  The results:

4.  Georgia sounded great.  They play one of the all-time great power arrangement songs to ever be put on the football field, Georgia on My Mind.  Their downfall was too much park and bark (standing and playing).

3.  Clemson looked pretty good but I couldn't hear their music.  They moved pretty well and had a modern looking show.

2.  Oklahoma played Bernstein's "Tonight," a favorite of mine from the drum corps idiom.  Great arrangement, they sounded big time.

And the college football playoff's winner is:

1.  Alabama's Million Dollar Band looked fantastic!  I couldn't hear their music but their marching and individual execution was miles above the other college bands.  They were in constant motion, marching forwards, backwards and sideways and I love the white pants with red tops, it's visually very striking on the field.  They had great General Effect with a giant banner as they pulled over top the band and ended their show with their trademark A.  Excellent show!

(picture not from this year)

cropped-Website-Header.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

An all SEC National Championship Game! Georgia vs Bama, who you got?

I've got 'Bama.  Their marching band can beat Georgia's every day of the week.

I don't want to hear that the band is where all the nerds are.  B)

31 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

An all SEC National Championship Game! Georgia vs Bama, who you got?

image.thumb.png.eb504930b366afb333fd301d7d0486ed.png

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

That Oklahoma/Georgia game is as good as it gets and I was rooting for the Big 12 Champ Sooners.  I thought the coaching staff throttled back Baker Mayfield.  I think if that hadn't been so conservative in the second half GA would have been constantly having to overcome multi-score deficits.  Instead it was up to the OK defense to save the day.  Big mistake.

+++

Back to music:  ESPN2 showed some of the halftime shows of OK and GA, sight and sound.  They showed on the marching of the Ala/Clemson game.  The results:

4.  Georgia sounded great.  They play one of the all-time great power arrangement songs to ever be put on the football field, Georgia on My Mind.  Their downfall was too much park and bark (standing and playing).

3.  Clemson looked pretty good but I couldn't hear their music.  They moved pretty well and had a modern looking show.

2.  Oklahoma played Bernstein's "Tonight," a favorite of mine from the drum corps idiom.  Great arrangement, they sounded big time.

And the college football playoff's winner is:

1.  Alabama's Million Dollar Band looked fantastic!  I couldn't hear their music but their marching and individual execution was miles above the other college bands.  They were in constant motion, marching forwards, backwards and sideways and I love the white pants with red tops, it's visually very striking on the field.  They had great General Effect with a giant banner as they pulled over top the band and ended their show with their trademark A.  Excellent show!

(picture not from this year)

cropped-Website-Header.jpg

I believe that picture is from a 2015 game when Alabama shut out some second rate team from up North. I thought they played corn-hole or ice figure-skated up there or something feminine like that, like in Texas. I think this was the same year that the Tide rolled over Clemson, much like tonight.

I can't remember for sure, there's been just so many many winning games here...