Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
mimalmo

CF4's on The Bay

Recommended Posts

I couldn't read the label.  I thought Whitewash had white grills and the veneer was white.  Those look like Med Oak.  You could turn those normal with some black spray pain on the front baffle.  Going by the black (not gray) looking horn I would say version 2 or 3.

 

The description has those as "3-way."  Blasphemy! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I couldn't read the label.  I thought Whitewash had white grills and the veneer was white.  Those look like Med Oak.  You could turn those normal with some black spray pain on the front baffle.  Going by the black (not gray) looking horn I would say version 2 or 3.

 

The description has those as "3-way."  Blasphemy! 

 

Funny, I actually love them in white. There is a pair of KG 5.5 or something in whitewash too that I also think look sweet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EpicKlipsch said:

@vasubandu did you see this? 

That would be a long drive for him.  About the same distance as if you drove from Berlin to Cairo. 

 

I am sure he appreciates the heads up, if that phrase translates properly to German culture and makes some sense to you. B)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shipping is offered on this pair and at a great price too, $129 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like version 2 or 3 based on the short ports, would have to ask for a serial number to be sure since you cant read the label.

 

seller says "pick up only" in the description, must have made a mistake in the listing.  i doubt they will ship these for $129... & it shows me $86 shipping because ebay bases it on location.  definitely an error on shipping.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three bids so far with six days to go, high bid is $770.  I would not have thought there would be so much interest in the Whitewash, if that's what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

That would be a long drive for him.  About the same distance as if you drove from Berlin to Cairo. 

 

I am sure he appreciates the heads up, if that phrase translates properly to German culture and makes some sense to you. B)

 

Well, wasn't he willing to fly to Hawai at one point for some speakers? And yes it was just a heads up for our seeker of an epic Klipsch paradise.  ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shiva said:

Shipping is offered on this pair and at a great price too, $129 bucks.

The ad says pickup only

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lost240 said:

The ad says pickup only

Yeah, I noticed that after. He must not have noticed the shipping charge that posted on his ad as well.   Most likely a version 3, from the looks of them.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just barely make out that the tags do indeed say "White Wash".  Looks like they have a lot of changes from stock.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I can just barely make out that the tags do indeed say "White Wash".  Looks like they have a lot of changes from stock.

Good eye.  I looked but couldn't make out that information. 

 

My confusion is there was a pair of CF-3 in White Wash available in Texas recently and the entire speaker was white, grill, veneer and front baffle.  I'm not sure what to make of these CF-4's where only the front baffle is white.

 

I see some more confusion in the ad where I see a shipping rate at the top and then the last part of the Item Description says "pickup only."

 

Five bidders and it's up to $810, still six days to go.  I must be the only person who doesn't bid until the last five minutes of an auction. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 They originally had a Buy It Now of $1,100.00 on them. Always interesting to see if the final price goes beyond the BIN price on stuff like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2018 at 1:49 AM, EpicKlipsch said:

@vasubandu did you see this? 

His posts have dropped off lately. Maybe he found his audio nirvana and is in happy listening land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rivernuggets said:

His posts have dropped off lately. Maybe he found his audio nirvana and is in happy listening land.

On one of his threads, he said see you guys in a month. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dtr20 said:
2 hours ago, Rivernuggets said:

His posts have dropped off lately. Maybe he found his audio nirvana and is in happy listening land.

On one of his threads, he said see you guys in a month. 

I didn't see that, but I know he is actively involved with his own thread about this over on avsforum.com.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-diy-speakers-subs/2957818-32-inch-subwoofer-driver-dilemma.html

 

I suggested he start a thread there because there is a very active group in the DIY Speakers and Subs sub-forum that love innovative projects like that which he is attempting to do with his 32" sub driver.  I thought he would find more people who might be better able to refine his concept.

 

In less than 3 weeks, to date his thread has 159 posts and 6,000 views.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of goes along with him having over 1100 posts here in less than 3 months.  Made me wonder sometime if he worked or not.  lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...