Klipsch Caps

billybob

Posting this here because, laid back discuss. If better place, please move it mod., or even delete...lol!

Speaking of mods. had a short conversation on the topic of Klipsch logoed caps for hot weather wear.

Jist was Klipsch was looking at the issue. Have a Klipsch knockoff cap that has been noticed by pedestrians

roundabout and has given me a chance to expound upon the virtues of Klipsch speakers. Mesh type in light

or dark color would work. Just guessing they would get popular as, it gets hot even up north. Down here, well

anymore it is hot most of the time. Am a hothead anyway so...nuff said. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Good question, not that i have an answer, or any help. :mellow2:

But I did ask something about heat a few years ago. I was wondering about Pro speakers because I use some outside and thought heat would be a problem. Black speaker cabinets out in the sun all day, somewhat like you, it can be 98 degrees and with the sun beating down on black enclosed box I would guess the temperatures could get very high on the inside. Not just the crossovers but also diaphragms and other driver parts being pushed to the limit creating heat own their plus the suns added temperatures you would think it could cause problems. 

I was throwing a blanket over everything to at least block it from the sun.

I asked and was told it's all considered when designing and the parts can take more heat then that. Now I don't know if that includes all speakers or just the bigger pro stuff ?  I will be around roy in a week and i need to remember to ask, I use to regular AA crossovers like in a Khorn or LaScala in the yard speakers which sit in the sun at times, I need to ask again.

• Like 2

Guest wdecho

Not to worry about the electronic parts, most have a much higher operating temperature than what they will see in the sun. Just checked an average film cap to be sure and it was rated at 105C which is 221 Fahrenheit. Not likely to see that high a temperature. But as anyone should know, plastic deteriorates with heat and if there is a  phenolic membrane in a driver heat is going to be it's enemy. Good idea to at least keep the equipment covered when outdoors in sun until needed. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, boom3 said:

Ummm...did y'all get that the OPs question is about headgear? 

Duh...............NO I didn't get that. :blush:

He said caps and you know where my brain went and it was not headgear, sorry Billybob. Probably should have worn a cap, my brain has been overheated from the sun.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Been waiting for someone to knockoff my cap.

Alright, I deserved that, but I can take it!?!

As much as I threadcrap I guess.

Ya'll got me. I can dish it out but,

can I take it...Thanks, what a hoot!

Sometimes ya just have to let it go in here...  OR...  You become a repeat offender.   Yea, I notice things like that!  Going back to the scroll now TYVM!   😂🤣 😂  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Sometimes ya just have to let it go in here...  OR...  You become a repeat offender.   Yea, I notice things like that!  Going back to the scroll now TYVM!   😂🤣 😂  :)

Yes, how about you Dave! Yes, I knew something was up, just went with it as now, I know more about caps in hot weather. They get hotter than me. Going to the shade now...

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/23/2018 at 12:15 PM, billybob said:

Posting this here because, laid back discuss. If better place, please move it mod., or even delete...lol!

Speaking of mods. had a short conversation on the topic of Klipsch logoed caps for hot weather wear.

Jist was Klipsch was looking at the issue. Have a Klipsch knockoff cap that has been noticed by pedestrians

roundabout and has given me a chance to expound upon the virtues of Klipsch speakers. Mesh type in light

or dark color would work. Just guessing they would get popular as, it gets hot even up north. Down here, well

anymore it is hot most of the time. Am a hothead anyway so...nuff said. Thanks!

You can get it here in any color "as long as it is black."

https://orders.corp-imaging.com/klipsch/mobile/

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

You can get it here in any color "as long as it is black."

Lol, I hear you. Think I saw some lighter caps at the online store. Anyway, would like a mesh cap.

Thinking about uncapping NASA and, your nice vinyl collection, lol.

I will try again to unlock link later. WiFi...thanks!

• Moderators
14 hours ago, billybob said:

Been waiting for someone to knockoff my cap.

Alright, I deserved that, but I can take it!?!

As much as I threadcrap I guess.

Ya'll got me. I can dish it out but,

can I take it...Thanks, what a hoot!

:lol:

It was no joke, I misread the whole post, went right past me, I laughed when I later read it again after it was pointed out.

OK I don't wear caps, at the most when I have to be out in the sun, a straw hat is used. I try to avoid the sun as instructed by my Dermatologist who just shakes her head when she sees me. .  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, dtel said:

:lol:

It was no joke, I misread the whole post, went right past me, I laughed when I later read it again after it was pointed out.

OK I don't wear caps, at the most when I have to be out in the sun, a straw hat is used. I try to avoid the sun as instructed by my Dermatologist who just shakes her head when she sees me. .  

Lol, No joke, I was thinking well I am being too vague again. I had to reread your post again and then the gentleman's post after yours. At least I learned something, maybe, lol

Sometimes I take off on a tangent...

• Haha 1

Just wait until someone shows up here extolling the virtues of an active crossover......

Then DeanO will show up....

Then Craig....

Yeah, I was totally confused because I was thinking cap instead of cap and still didn't get it when you said you were a hot head....  I just figured you were admitting to having a temper (which I don't think I've ever noticed here so found that an interesting revelation)

Where's MAS when you need him???  

(oh yeah, I think he's moved to China....  unless he's back by now  (true story as best I know))

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I've been thinking about taking one of my pie-slice logo badges and soldering some headed brads to it so that I can use military-style "keepers" to hold it onto my hat....that I wear at some of the Gatherings:

Audiodad and me with Cornwall speaker I built in late 1970s.jpg

That's an idea and use one of those 7th Cav's hats which are black after removing the crossed swords.

JJK

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I'm not good at the cap thing, talked with this guy for a while at a bar in Mexico, later he lifts his cap and his hair it about 1/2" tall, the rest is part of the hat. Funny guy, he is the kind you want at a party.

triumph_11_8_10_(104).JPG

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, JJkizak said:

That's an idea and use one of those 7th Cav's hats which are black after removing the crossed swords.

JJK

Sorry, I am an old RETIRED Airborne Infantryman, I either wear a brimmed BREATHABLE light-colored summer hat or a maroon beret...that Cav stuff is for sissies...besides, who actually wants to wear a BLACK Stetson in 100+ degree heat in the sun, anyway?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Sorry, I am an old RETIRED Airborne Infantryman, I either wear a brimmed BREATHABLE light-colored summer hat or a maroon beret...that Cav stuff is for sissies...besides, who actually wants to wear a BLACK Stetson in 100+ degree heat in the sun, anyway?

Oh wow, the ganders are up.

JJK

• Haha 1