Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mark51

Went Klipsch crazy

Recommended Posts

New Klipsch owner and new to the forum.  I had just bought a pair of KG4's on CL for $280.  Then a few days later, a pair of Forte's appeared on CL in Oak for $500.  Could not let that pass.  I was afraid the wife was going to kill me but she took it well.  The Forte's have hardly a scratch.  First time I've owned a 3 way system and wow what a sound.  Now I could be set for life as far as speakers go.  Live in a small place so La Scala's would be out of the question.  But there is a mint pair on CL Spacecoast, Florida.  I'm not going there but help yourself.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.

 

The sickness is upon you.

 

You think you don't have enough space for Lascalas, but wait, there is that voice in your head that can become very persuasive.

 

Enjoy your Klipsch. They are wonderful speakers, and again, welcome.

 

Tom

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what you're using to drive the speakers, I like the SS stuff. When you place the Forte just right, and that, most likely, won't happen the first place they land, there is magic that lets them blend into the room and make a sound stage. They are supposed to have been one of the, if not the, most ballanced speaker Klipsch made.

 

 

If you feel that you don't have enough space for LaScala, you should get a bigger house. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I shortcut that collecting process. Not that I haven't been tempted. I started with a pair of entry level R15Ms and went straight to a pair of LaScalas. Room for them?  We'll figure that out when I get them here. I told the wife to think of them as tables that make sound. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mark51 said:

New Klipsch owner and new to the forum.  I had just bought a pair of KG4's on CL for $280.  Then a few days later, a pair of Forte's appeared on CL in Oak for $500.  Could not let that pass.  I was afraid the wife was going to kill me but she took it well.  The Forte's have hardly a scratch.  First time I've owned a 3 way system and wow what a sound.  Now I could be set for life as far as speakers go.  Live in a small place so La Scala's would be out of the question.  But there is a mint pair on CL Spacecoast, Florida.  I'm not going there but help yourself.  

Welcome to the forum, and as my good friend would say "welcome to the madness."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Welcome to the forum, and as my good friend would say "welcome to the madness."

It is a madness at that.  Endless combinations of amps, pre's, and speakers run through the mind.  Is it a problem when it interferes with the workflows??

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mark51 said:

Live in a small place so La Scala's would be out of the question.

 

Once the sickness takes hold, the next stage is looking around for a new place to move.  

 

The terminal stage of the sickness is you then look at bigger & bigger....more & more....  and need space.  When you start eyeballing the wife's closet to gain extra space, you know you have a problem.

 

Just trying to warn ya to the early indicators...

 

Welcome to the forum!!  :emotion-21:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mark, congratulations on your new speakers - enjoy them

Coyote, You paint a very stark picture which is also disturbingly accurate. Every night when I fall asleep I pray that there might be help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I hope I shortcut that collecting process. Not that I haven't been tempted.

I have enjoyed the ride. A lot of friends made, great conversationd and to AB speakers along with other equipment. I started with the Heresy and have slowed down with the MCM.....Have to admit that, after hearing one in Hope this past spring, I am hoping to get an 1802, or two. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

Coyote, You paint a very stark picture which is also disturbingly accurate. Every night when I fall asleep I pray that there might be help

 

 

What you say is, every night you pray there might be help.....what we hear is, every night, you pray that when you wake up, you won't have emptied out your wife's closet during your sleep...

 

:emotion-14:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Coytee said:

 

 

What you say is, every night you pray there might be help.....what we hear is, every night, you pray that when you wake up, you won't have emptied out your wife's closet during your sleep...

 

:emotion-14:

 

You do remember the old story of the shoe maker who goes to bed. The little magical folk would come in and make all the shoes while he slept. 

I believe there still may be magic.

 

The reality is that when I wake up I know that if she ventures into the listening room, she will shake her head a mumble something about it must be a guy-thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  I picked my first Heritage speaker early this year. Now I have two pairs. But there will not be a third pair. 

  Selling my old speakers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats. I have always wanted a pair of Fortes. They excel with Jazz which is my favourite genre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...