Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jimjimbo

College football 2018

Recommended Posts

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, wvu80 said:

It stinks because these guys got their educations ("educations") paid for by the universities.  Now they skip a game at the end, because they are so precious?  Whatever happened to dance with who brung ya?  It should be a requirement that if you are on a team, you play the games the team plays.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking the 2018 ichigan Revenge Tour is just about over!   More like a comedy tour!   😂 😂 😂 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

 More like a comedy tour! 

Ouch. So far, the SEC bowl tour has been a blowout!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, oldtimer said:

It stinks because these guys got their educations ("educations") paid for by the universities.  Now they skip a game at the end, because they are so precious?  Whatever happened to dance with who brung ya?  It should be a requirement that if you are on a team, you play the games the team plays.  

That is the future my friend.  College sports "Pro potentials" were never students to begin with....for the most part.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Max2 said:

That is the future my friend

When a bowl game injury can cost a kid $100 million over a career, this is very serious business and yes, it is a business.

Baker Mayfield got a $22 million signing bonus!!!

Saquon Barkley got a $21 million signing bonus, and so on and so forth.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

When a bowl game injury can cost a kid $100 million over a career, this is very serious business and yes, it is a business.

 

Funny how things change over time.  There's a lot more that the average fan doesn't even know about.  It's now become a "Sports Law/Business" complete w/a Master's program @ ASU in Phoenix...  Proud and blessed to have my youngest there working on her Master's then Law School.  I hope i'm around to see how she can help change things in the future but I know she will.  Compare what a male NBA player makes compared to a FEMALE WNBA player.  Apples to oranges.  Those girls could beat some of the men's teams yet they're denied equal pay from owners. A business?  Nah!  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, oldtimer said:

It stinks because these guys got their educations ("educations") paid for by the universities.  Now they skip a game at the end, because they are so precious?  Whatever happened to dance with who brung ya?  It should be a requirement that if you are on a team, you play the games the team plays.  

This and the "one and done" players in basketball.

The scholarship monies should be paid back and then some.

Maybe the first few paychecks go to the university. Mama is just going to have to wait for her son to buy her that new mansion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davis said:

This and the "one and done" players in basketball.

The scholarship monies should be paid back and then some.

Maybe the first few paychecks go to the university. Mama is just going to have to wait for her son to buy her that new mansion.

I FIRMLY believe once a kid signs a letter of intent he plays for 4 years w/the exception of the red-shits.  This crap of leaving College for the pro teams after a year or two is crap!  Perhaps they can compete physically but mentally?  The ONLY team I know of that can truly do this is ichigan w/the  "Dynasty" they've built...  Do I get a "Boiler Up?"  😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

exception of the red-shits. 

I truly do not wish to know....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Davis said:

The scholarship monies should be paid back and then some.

Aren't the universities making enough money off these kids already? Not to pick on Alabama, but they brought in $164 million in athletic revenue during the 2016-16 season alone!!!

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/02/how_alabama_football_makes_its.html

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good point, but be careful.  What if every senior sat out bowl games because they might get drafted?  How would the so-called national championship look then?  Big sale on can'o'worms!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Good point, but be careful.  What if every senior sat out bowl games because they might get drafted?  How would the so-called national championship look then?  Big sale on can'o'worms!

 

 It doesn't matter. No one watches or cares about Alabama anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, T2K said:

 

 It doesn't matter. No one watches or cares about Alabama anyway.

Speak for yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Clemson making ND look kinda sad 23-3 at the half.

 

I forsee the next game to be the same way...  Wonder what that playoff gaggle is thinking now about their 4 team selection?  Bama SHOULD totally spank OK but this ND game?  Seriously?  Yawns

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...