College football 2018

jimjimbo

Let's start off the season with a truly disgraceful decision by Ohio State to simply suspend Urban Meyer.  Pathetic.  If they found enough to suspend him, he should have been fired.  Period.

And this has nothing to do with my allegiance to Michigan.  I would say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it's not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792270-urban-meyers-suspension-shows-ohio-state-values-winning-more-than-morality?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Let's start off the season with a truly disgraceful decision by Ohio State to simply suspend Urban Meyer.  Pathetic.  If they found enough to suspend him, he should have been fired.  Period.

And this has nothing to do with my allegiance to Michigan.  I would say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it's not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792270-urban-meyers-suspension-shows-ohio-state-values-winning-more-than-morality?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Well maybe he was just sort of bad so they gave him a sort of suspension sort of.

JJK

31 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yeah, the Texans aren’t a particularly good college team either…

Now that's just down right funny.

On the Meyer thing, was assistant Zack Smith ever actually charged or convicted of anything? I know he was investigated and accused. It looks like Meyers greatest offense is lying at Media Day or was he?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

& sex is a cigar?

For some....

That reminds me of the time in the past back in Fayetteville, NC.  Us buds were at a bar and laughing our heads off about the line on the old show The Newlyweds, where the husband answers the question about the strangest place they have done it.  In the butt....the waitress asked us what was so funny so we told her.  She then said, "well I guess that would be strange for some..."

We laughed even harder at that, and ever since.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Yeah, the Texans aren’t a particularly good college team either…

The sad thing is that there's not a single college team that could even come close to beating the Browns, arguably the worst team in the NFL.  College football ranks right up there with women's basketball but hey, if you enjoy it, go for it.  More power to you.

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Go_Tigers.jpg

Looking Forward to It!

Of course you would say that, Mr. Pre-season #2.  :lol:

The thread starter Mr. #14 was upset because he thinks the coach of #5 should have been exonerated or fired.  I think #5's board was trying to take the cowards way out in this politically charged crazy country we live in so now they can claim they did "something."

Frankly I think Mr. #14 is correct, fire the guy or put him back in his office so he can run the money making machine known as The Ohio State.

This is the opinion of pre-season Mr. #17 because he thinks his overrated pre-season #17 team Mountaineers will be un-ranked by the time winter gets here.  🏈

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Of course you would say that, Mr. Pre-season #2.  :lol:

The thread starter Mr. #14 was upset because he thinks the coach of #5 should have been exonerated or fired.  I think #5's board was trying to take the cowards way out in this politically charged crazy country we live in so now they can claim they did "something."

Frankly I think Mr. #14 is correct, fire the guy or put him back in his office so he can run the money making machine known as The Ohio State.

This is the opinion of pre-season Mr. #17 because he thinks his overrated pre-season #17 team Mountaineers will be un-ranked by the time winter starts.  🏈

The ratings do change fast during the season.  Did I hear somewhere that the ranking system guidelines (computer program?) is different this year?

Politically charged is right.  Even the rule of law is being attacked via politics.

Just now, oldtimer said:

The ratings do change fast during the season.  Did I hear somewhere that the ranking system guidelines (computer program?) is different this year?

I hadn't heard that but you are right, it seems like they are fiddling with those things all the time so it wouldn't surprise me.  There are a ton of computer ratings but I think the pre-season is usually human, the AP writers and Coaches polls.

• Like 2