JohnJ

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'd say there's a big difference in the styles of music. Those two guys above make!

Indeed Indeed JJ . Collins Live Album was mastered perfectly and it´s easy listening pop , the Sting Live Album sound excellent as well and has a lot of Rock & Jazz Influence , you have to listen to it once.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Should have the Realtek/Schiit/Voshkod/Klipsch/SVS rig up and running by the end of next week. If win11 lets me use it. Sure the version form 6/23 has expired by now.

Win 10 will besupported til end of 2025 and of course the Initial problems from Win 11 were largely "corrected".

• Haha 1

What I mean George is I quit the upper tier of updates and dropped back to the beta level where they are more stable way more stable. But the thing is they're only good for a certain amount of time if you don't update.

With the problems getting internet here... I will not give out my SS number when trying to find options for purchasing internet. One doofus thought I might do that. Well that company is out. Too many trees for starlink and it cost too much anyhow, so I'm back at the drawing board and won't have it immediately. But will have all my CDs.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

What I mean George is I quit the upper tier of updates and dropped back to the beta level where they are more stable way more stable. But the thing is they're only good for a certain amount of time if you don't update.

With the problems getting internet here... I will not give out my SS number when trying to find options for purchasing internet. One doofus thought I might do that. Well that company is out. Too many trees for starlink and it cost too much anyhow, so I'm back at the drawing board and won't have it immediately. But will have all my CDs.

I haven’t looked into it but ?

Are there Bluetooth systems that can deliver “stored on device” streaming for close proximity use ? 

• Like 1

Not really sure about that Paul. I could tether from my phone but I would quickly surpass my allowance for that because it's separate from regular usage. I'm just about positive I'm at least two or three updates behind. If microsoft lets me open it up to use it, I better keep it open until I can update it!

• Like 2

Phase 1

PXL-20231230-001240796.jpg

Phase 2

PXL-20231230-001527543.jpg

Took the UPS about 45 minutes for the battery to recharge after being unplugged for so long. I also had to set it up to put power to the outputs because it had been unplugged for so long!! Well, the PC tried furiously to connect. I think because it ran for a good while before I heard it calm down. So I'll see what happens another day. For now I can just grab a disc and put whatever I want in the vehicle when I have to go somewhere.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, amped said:

Well, my tonearm lift quit in the up position

sorry to hear that , ja it´s almost a sudden unexpect technical issue coming up with vintage tt´s ....you get it solved ..next year ..for sure , good to have a digital device as well . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"tonearm lift quit in the up position"

Thanks for the well wishes.

It'll be fine at some point. It felt like something disconnecting when I moved the sliding switch.

Maybe the cable disconnected. If I can't figure it out, I'll give a holler to Dave at vinyl nirvana. 

to 2024..!

• Like 2