What's the weather like where you're at?

wuzzzer

Still a bunch of snow on the ground from last weekend with temperatures creeping up just above freezing.

I took the kids sledding on the “big hill” behind my office yesterday.

A five minute hike to the top and if we steered right we could get about a 30 second run out of it.

502FA5A1-764B-43D8-BA73-A1410FA26C86.thumb.jpeg.5d5e13c6babbc182806a566856a66a95.jpeg

47BD7C8B-FC6B-4523-B02A-562D9602F511.thumb.jpeg.4b805cb358faa76e8534fca5d038b158.jpeg

3 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

Still a bunch of snow on the ground from last weekend with temperatures creeping up just above freezing.

I took the kids sledding on the “big hill” behind my office yesterday.

A five minute hike to the top and if we steered right we could get about a 30 second run out of it.

502FA5A1-764B-43D8-BA73-A1410FA26C86.thumb.jpeg.5d5e13c6babbc182806a566856a66a95.jpeg

47BD7C8B-FC6B-4523-B02A-562D9602F511.thumb.jpeg.4b805cb358faa76e8534fca5d038b158.jpeg

The only unhappy guy is the oldest one.

JJK

• Haha 1

@JJkizak nice to see you stepped up!  lol  I'm sure the kids had a blast.  Just like you did.  lol 

Took my oldest daughter to a golf course one year when she was little.  They had this steep hill that I noticed golfing one day.  Put her on a sled w/about 4 older kids and told them to take care of her.  They put her up front and held her in then hit it.  Shot about 25 frames on my camera and the results were fantastic.  Looking at them after I though about how STUPID that really was.  That slope was almost straight down.  Daughter had no fear of anything after that.  lolol

• Like 1

8 here in the O-H @ noon.  No snow and not really calling for any.  I can deal with the 4" on the ground.  The East coast is another story.  Stay toasty @dirtmudd!

2 hours ago, geezin' said:

Yeah winter in the mountains of West Virginia.

The Mountaineer Wvu GIF - The Mountaineer Wvu Touchdown GIFs

Must be the coffee.  I'm having another visual.  😂

Friday evening when I was leaving work I came around a curve and saw that some college girls had managed to slide their Nissan Versa out of their driveway and immediately get stuck on top of a frozen snow drift.

The campus police cruiser was already there so I had them put on some lights to block traffic while I hooked a rope up and pulled the Nissan out with my Suburban.

It sure is handy to have a stout rope when the weather gets like this.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Friday evening when I was leaving work I came around a curve and saw that some college girls had managed to slide their Nissan Versa out of their driveway and immediately get stuck on top of a frozen snow drift.

The campus police cruiser was already there so I had them put on some lights to block traffic while I hooked a rope up and pulled the Nissan out with my Suburban.

It sure is handy to have a stout rope when the weather gets like this.

Manila or nylon?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Manila or nylon?

Nylon of some sort.

I actually got this rope when I bought a piano a decade back. 
The seller insisted on maneuvering the uhaul I rented next to his porch and only managed to get it stuck in the mud at the far end of his yard.

The sellers uncle came over and pulled out the uhaul with his truck and this rope.

Once we got the piano loaded up the guy insisted on helping to tie the piano in place with his rope because he thought all the ratchet straps I had wouldn’t be enough.

The piano is long gone but I still rescue a few cars a year during snow season with that rope. 

• Like 1