Overkill 18" sub??

Mighty Favog

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What did you install it in and how did it hit?

We put it in his safari van.  It would do 150dB with a 3KW amp, 2 batteries and a single alternator.  Probably would have done more but it broke all the glue joints on the roof panels where they hook to the cross bows.  It flapped like a sheet in the wind, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2019 at 4:06 PM, CECAA850 said:

We put it in his safari van.  It would do 150dB with a 3KW amp, 2 batteries and a single alternator.  Probably would have done more but it broke all the glue joints on the roof panels where they hook to the cross bows.  It flapped like a sheet in the wind, lol.

Was a nice enclosure, I did not know dBDrag was still around, I loved competing in the 90's.  Actually, I would rather have that vehicle over any current vehicle on the road; miss it so bad.  I only ran 3 15" though, it was also my daily driver:

IMG_0811.JPG.984e3a269c83145c6bbcb9dc6a47376d.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hybridamp said:

Was a nice enclosure, I did not know dBDrag was still around, I loved competing in the 90's.  Actually, I would rather have that vehicle over any current vehicle on the road; miss it so bad.  I only ran 3 15" though, it was also my daily driver:

IMG_0811.JPG.984e3a269c83145c6bbcb9dc6a47376d.JPG

That was my son's daily driver as well.  We didn't habe near the money in it than pretty much any of the others did but he blew a lot of them away.

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That was my son's daily driver as well.  We didn't habe near the money in it than pretty much any of the others did but he blew a lot of them away.

Awesome, congrats on the win.  It was always extra satisfying when those wins were against super high-end systems. 

For the subwoofers I only ran one amp (white in that photo behind the plexi window), replaced OEM alternator with 240amp alternator, and added one additional battery.

I used to install a triple alternator setup on fords with any 4.6 or 5.4
We got the setup from a company that makes first responder vans or 20 people bus
That the local nursing homes used her in and around Florida
They make this one piece all aluminum bracket that holds 2 or 3 alternators on top of the motor. Bad *** to have 2 or 3 300amp alt on a sound system truck or van
And they would have 25,000 plus watts with just 4 interstate MT-65 batteries and all those alternators that would put out 14.4 volts and 800 amps at a idle and full blast on the sound system pushing over 145 db’s of SQ or 155db’s on dB drags. And this was in the 1990’s