Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
HenrikTJ

Small HT system poll

Small HT system poll   

28 members have voted

  1. 1. AVR or Pre pro?

    • AVR
      21
    • Pre pro
      8
  2. 2. How big is your setup?

    • 3.1
      1
    • 5.1
      6
    • 5.2
      2
    • 5.x.x
      5
    • 7.1
      4
    • 7.2
      3
    • 7.x.x
      5
    • 9.1
      0
    • 9.2
      1
    • 9.x.x
      0
    • 11.1
      0
    • 11.2
      0
    • 11.x.x
      0
    • 13.1
      0
    • Bigger?
      0
    • Smaller?
      1
    • 6.x
      0
    • 6.x.x
      0
  3. 3. Speaker brand and model(s) in your setup

    • Klipsch RF + RC...
      11
    • Klipsch Reference Premiere
      4
    • Klipsch Reference
      5
    • Klipsch On-wall
      1
    • Heresy
      4
    • La scala
      6
    • Klipschorn
      1
    • Cornwall
      2
    • Forte
      5
    • Klipsch THX
      0
    • Not Klipsch... hehe
      2
    • Klipsch In-wall
      1
    • Klipsch KLF
      1
    • Klipsch Chorus
      0
  4. 4. Subwoofer brand

    • Klipsch
      14
    • SVS
      7
    • Rythmik
      2
    • XTZ
      0
    • Fluance
      0
    • Polk
      0
    • Elac
      1
    • BIC
      0
    • Monoprice
      1
    • Paradigm
      0
    • REL
      0
    • Monolith
      0
    • PSA
      0
    • JTR
      1
    • PSB
      0
    • HSU
      1
    • Yamaha
      0
    • Acoustic Audio
      0
    • DIY subswoofer
      2
    • Other
      6
  5. 5. TV or projector?

    • TV
      22
    • Projector
      3
    • Both
      3


Recommended Posts

Multiple choice is enabled for every question seeing as some have more than one HT setup. All answers are anonymous for me, but apparently not for you who participate. Sadly there is nothing I can do about that. If you for any reason wan't to keep your anonymity, PLEASE DO NOT participate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice poll.  Excellent job of putting it together.  :emotion-21:

 

@HenrikTJ according to your Avatar information you have a great home theater speaker setup.  I'm just curious, what is the purpose of your poll?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Pair of La Scala, 2 pair HII, 1 Heresy II Center.

Edited by Sancho Panza
fat fingers
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Very nice poll.  Excellent job of putting it together.  :emotion-21:

 

@HenrikTJ according to your Avatar information you have a great home theater speaker setup.  I'm just curious, what is the purpose of your poll?

Thanks @wvu80! To be honest, there is no special purpose of this poll. I just found out we could post polls here and wanted to try it out. But I've always wanted to know what sort of setup my fellow HT-buffs are rocking. However, I was a bit bummed out the limit of questions was 5. Had some other questions which could make the whole poll much more extensive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Had some other questions which could make the whole poll much more extensive.

Your first poll is just about the right length and all questions connect to one another.  Wait until you get some info, it may help you shape the questions for your next poll.

 

Here is my current living room 5.1 setup.  RF-83 + RP600M as L/R, RC-64 III, RS-62's on the side.  I used the bi-amp from the Marantz 6011 to run one full range signal to the RF-83 and the other full range signal to the RP-600M, both with jumpers installed.  The sound is better but not greatly better.591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

 

A single DIY Reference 15 w/plate amp is behind the couch, not pictured.  The Vizio PQ65 is a recent pick up for me since the ten year-old one died.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to tell the story of pre-HT days.  There  had been advertisements re an animated hour-long (or so) Batman coming up on a UHF channel which had adopted the then new stereo broadcast system.  I had come by a 15 inch Trinitron which had the decoder and RCA outputs.  I hooked it up to a budget JVC receiver and two speakers I'd built.  They were the EV Wolverine (budget) three-way which was kinda like a CW.

 

That Batman was dark and intellectual and the sound was excellent.

 

It just shows how big an improvement you get with a mid class stereo system.

 

WMcD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HenrikTJ said:

Multiple choice is enabled where it should be and all answers are anonymous.

Not that it matters but it's not anonymous, all you have to do is click on the votes on the right. 

 

6.1 here, left over from the old days and speakers came in pairs. :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dtel said:

Not that it matters but it's not anonymous, all you have to do is click on the votes on the right. 

 

6.1 here, left over from the old days and speakers came in pairs. :lol:

Therein lies the heritage to the poll or even votes taken awhile ago when votes we're taken for moderators... Legacy software

Transparent  some one please correct...if matters to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Your first poll is just about the right length and all questions connect to one another.  Wait until you get some info, it may help you shape the questions for your next poll.

 

Here is my current living room 5.1 setup.  RF-83 + RP600M as L/R, RC-64 III, RS-62's on the side.  I used the bi-amp from the Marantz 6011 to run one full range signal to the RF-83 and the other full range signal to the RP-600M, both with jumpers installed.  The sound is better but not greatly better.591494550_RP-600Mbi-amprightsideview_800.thumb.jpg.b8712124600503367435c1ae83b68773.jpg

 

A single DIY Reference 15 w/plate amp is behind the couch, not pictured.  The Vizio PQ65 is a recent pick up for me since the ten year-old one died.

Wow! Very nice! I see you've upgraded since last time I saw your setup. I remember you posted a picture on one of my previous posts about speaker stands where you had those 600s as fronts on stands. How are those floorstanders treating you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Not that it matters but it's not anonymous, all you have to do is click on the votes on the right. 

 

6.1 here, left over from the old days and speakers came in pairs. :lol:

Im sorry. 6.1 has now been added if you want to share it. 

Hmm... I think it might just be anonymous for me haha. I don't get any names when clicking on the votes on the right and the option to display voters name is not enabled. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 9.2 system listed in my sig and noticed it didn't have a place for my RB-75s but figured they could be classified as small "RF" towers.  😁

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I have a 9.2 system listed in my sig and noticed it didn't have a place for my RB-75s but figured they could be classified as small "RF" towers.  😁

Think that should  qualify...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HenrikTJ said:

Im sorry. 6.1 has now been added if you want to share it. 

Wasn't a big deal, probably very few out there, will change my choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtel said:

Wasn't a big deal, probably very few out there, will change my choice.

Yes, but I want to include everyone. It was a neglect on my part. I'm fairly new at HT and honestly didn't know there were setup configs other than 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 and so on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HenrikTJ said:

Wow! Very nice! I see you've upgraded since last time I saw your setup.

 

I remember you posted a picture on one of my previous posts about speaker stands where you had those 600s as fronts on stands. How are those floorstanders treating you?

Yeah I'm changing my front soundstage all the time.  I put the RP-600M on stands for L/R so I could hear what they could do.  I could move them to rear surrounds but I really love the sound and wanted to keep them up front.

 

The RF-83 has a complete speaker sound top to bottom.  With my la scala's and Khorns I was always changing the crossover, tweeter or something.  The RF-83 sounds great as-is, very smooth, very listenable.  Their one shortcoming might be  the HF.  I decided to put the 600M on top because it extends to 25 Khz, and the single 6.5" woofer does not compare to three 8' woofers. 

 

It was an experiment and one that I think I'll keep as it sounds good and looks good.  I really liked my RS-62's on top but they looked a bit cumbersome, even for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No klf line listed 😔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put my vote in. 

My Frankensystem consists of Forte-Heresy-Forte in front. Less than ideally placed RP160’s as surrounds, C5800’s in ceiling for rear Atmos,  SVS 13 sub. Driven by Denon receiver with two channel Parasound amp for left and right. Trying to figure out how to place two more C5800 in front ceiling position without causing to much damage. Haha! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 10:24 PM, Zen Traveler said:

I have a 9.2 system listed in my sig and noticed it didn't have a place for my RB-75s but figured they could be classified as small "RF" towers.  😁

There's a place behind my couch for a pair of RB-75s! Awesome little speaker.

 

I currently have an AVR but want to upgrade to a pre-pro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how to vote. I have 2 small home theater systems. One, I voted Forte... Klipsch Chorus II's and the other system JBL 250Ti/240Ti. I voted Pre/Pro as I use only 2 channels of the AVR and 7 channels of external amplification for the remainder for both atmos systems. Subs are Monolith. Plasma and projector.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, dtr20 said:

No klf line listed 😔

Very sorry for that! I've just added the option to the poll should you wan't to submit a new answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...