A/4500 78 LaScala ct-125

1 hour ago, Heritage_Head said:

Patience!.............Never heard of it..

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d21579c4b71594541

I wonder how may of your 5000 posts are gifs?  80%?  they should count as 2 posts so you should have more like 9000. 🙂 😬

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, guf said:

I wonder how may of your 5000 posts are gifs?  80%?  they should count as 2 posts so you should have more like 9000. 🙂 😬

Lol 

Actually I just stared posting gifs less than 2 months ago. Hadn't really figured it out on here. That insert tab (lower right corner) never liked me lol. After I realized I didn't need it to post gifs/videos/pics..... Ive been making up for lost time. 👍 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Dean I like that you add the gold banana connectors to your xo build. Its a very nice touch.👍

Those are a little different then the ones I use. Do you have a link to the ones you use please? Thanks. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0122SZIYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qnRcDbA9HEZWY

What are you using?

I like the fact that you can also push large gauge bare wire into them.

I still think the best connector is no connector. I like a quality tin annealed copper stranded, and go bare wire straight to the terminal strip - but a lot of people have already invested in preterminated wire they don't want to dump.

12 hours ago, guf said:

Hey my old crossovers are wonky that’s  I’m feeling a little impatient. Waiting for my new ones. I’m gonna go complain over in my thread.

But the interesting thing is..... 

D1598EF7-6E49-476E-A6FB-BCB04E5CF6E0.jpeg

Friend, you're gonna have to address that room a bit - start with a nice throw rug - and turn the LaScalas in just a wee bit to minimize side reflections.

1 hour ago, Deang said:

Friend, you're gonna have to address that room a bit - start with a nice throw rug - and turn the LaScalas in just a wee bit to minimize side reflections.

gik 244 on both sides to address first reflections. Throw rug over my Flor carpet tiles?!  

35 minutes ago, guf said:

gik 244 on both sides to address first reflections. Throw rug over my Flor carpet tiles?!  

I would say your carpet tiles are doing very little good.  Did you plan on leaving the Heresys in front of the La Scalas?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Deang said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0122SZIYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_qnRcDbA9HEZWY

What are you using?

I like the fact that you can also push large gauge bare wire into them.

I still think the best connector is no connector. I like a quality tin annealed copper stranded, and go bare wire straight to the terminal strip - but a lot of people have already invested in preterminated wire they don't want to dump.

I use these. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Banana-To-Spade-Adapter-Plug-Speaker-Cable-Connector-TS/173031263518?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I've always recommended that waiting for changing anything after buying used speakers for a few months at-least is the way to go. That included refreshing/changing xo. Its my opinion to really hear the subtle changes that some changes can have might require learning the sound first (like muscle memory for a musician). And I still believe 99% of this. But after replacing xo in now two sets of old klipsch (81 corns 78 lascala)........I have to say if I went back in time I absolutely would have ordered these xo backing out the drive way after buying these speakers!

I wont splash the page with a bunch of classic gushing. But to anyone with the old xo from the first series cornwalls, or lascalas (its the only two I can talk with direct experience). Do it. Do it now! The cornwall xo switch experience made me a believer (from a strong sceptic). But now after hearing the somewhat hilariously stupid size improvement in two in a row. That Im so sold on this that I have a strong desire to buy some old heritage speakers just so I can replace the xo in them. (Thats complete sarcasm yes.... but I do kind of have that urge). lol 

Its like learning something really cool,  And you cant wait to teach someone else that you know will find as much value, and happiness from it.

Ok sorry I guess I did splash the page a little in describing how I wouldn't lol.

My first La Scalas from '89, had AL crossovers in them when I got them. I didn't like them at all. Once replaced with some John Albright designed DHA2 crossovers, the were awesome. So much better. Am stll using those in the beater pair of LS I now have.