Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
NuttyNutworks

New to this world, differences between series?

Recommended Posts

Greetings everyone,

 

My wife and I bought a bigger home and after many years I finally have the space and green light to buy my first set of standing speakers. Yay!

 

The misses and I settled on the Klipsch reference series. I choose them because of their reputation, she choose them because they look good. 

 

Now since this is my first set ever, I started reading into Klipsch since they make a lot of different series. One thing I can't seem to find what, for example, the difference is between the RP-280F and the RP-8000f? Or the difference between the entire series. So I turn to you guys for advice. 

 

What, in your opinion would be a good starter set for a 2.0 setup? The speakers will mostly be used for watching movies. 

 

I don't have room for a center speaker or a separate subwoofer. 

 

Please advice me. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.  Once you decide on a set of speakers look in your receivers menu for a phantom center channel setting.  If you can sit fairly close to the middle of the speakers you really won't need a center channel.  It'll sound like you have one.  If you sit off to the side, then not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Welcome to the forum.  Once you decide on a set of speakers look in your receivers menu for a phantom center channel setting.  If you can sit fairly close to the middle of the speakers you really won't need a center channel.  It'll sound like you have one.  If you sit off to the side, then not so much.

 

Thanks for your answer and I'm glad to hear that missing a center speaker isn't so much of a problem. Any advice on what series in the RP series I should look at? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to think that things are constantly being built better, so I will say go for the RP8000, but the 280 isn't far behind. I haven't heard anyone compare the RP280 to the RP8000, but I'm sure they are fairly even in performance. Are you looking for new, ever consider used? There are some good deals on used equipment. And welcome...btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I like to think that things are constantly being built better, so I will say go for the RP8000, but the 280 isn't far behind. I haven't heard anyone compare the RP280 to the RP8000, but I'm sure they are fairly even in performance. Are you looking for new, ever consider used? There are some good deals on used equipment. And welcome...btw.

Thank you. I'm comparing those two because I see both around the web a lot. If you have any other models to recommend, please do, I'm really new to thus world of speakers. 

 

As long as they're good in a stereo setup without enough bass so I don't have to buy a seperate bass module. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the Forum. I think that youthman from this group has compared and reviewed the rp280f, rp8000, rf7iii and a few others. So, check him and his videos out. Also, the rp8000 is the upgrade to the rp280f. They released the upgrade in a shorter period of time than a usual timeframe from what I’ve heard. The difference that I noticed most was the build and astetics. The 8000 in my opinion is a little more sleek and modern looking.

I started thinking about this like you did and looked at the rf7iii and I’m now highly considering used or the next step up new. I hope that this helps you on your journey.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might want to check the "Garage Sale" section here.  Welcome to the Forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, farmerrob said:

Welcome to the Forum. I think that youthman from this group has compared and reviewed the rp280f, rp8000, rf7iii and a few others. So, check him and his videos out. Also, the rp8000 is the upgrade to the rp280f. They released the upgrade in a shorter period of time than a usual timeframe from what I’ve heard. The difference that I noticed most was the build and astetics. The 8000 in my opinion is a little more sleek and modern looking.

I started thinking about this like you did and looked at the rf7iii and I’m now highly considering used or the next step up new. I hope that this helps you on your journey.

The RF7lll is a pretty good step up, in performance and price. They are a world class speaker.

 

I'm not sure where the OP is from, but there was a very good deal on RF7ll a few days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Nutty......I have RP-280Fs and they sound good to me if not a bit bright depending on room treatments.  One member has a modification to lessen the brightness I read a while back.  Maybe he will pipe in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

The RF7lll is a pretty good step up, in performance and price. They are a world class speaker.

 

I'm not sure where the OP is from, but there was a very good deal on RF7ll a few days ago.

Where did you see the sale and what’s the price? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, farmerrob said:

Where did you see the sale and what’s the price? Thanks

It was the Alerts section of the classifieds on here. A pair of Cherry RF7lls for $1000, but they just sold.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is close to Tarheel in North Carolina, he has a very nice pair of RP280 for sale. He takes great care of his stuff.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

The RF7lll is a pretty good step up, in performance and price. They are a world class speaker.

 

I'm not sure where the OP is from, but there was a very good deal on RF7ll a few days ago.

Where did you see the sale and what’s the price? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, NuttyNutworks said:

Now since this is my first set ever, I started reading into Klipsch since they make a lot of different series.

One thing I can't seem to find what, for example, the difference is between the RP-280F and the RP-8000f? Or the difference between the entire series. So I turn to you guys for advice. 

 

Welcome to the forum.  Many experienced Klipsch guys including me are somewhat confused by the naming conventions, so you are not alone.

 

R-  Entry Level

RP - Reference Premier, mid-tier

RF - Reference series, Klipsch's flagship

 

Klipsch has upgraded their RP series.  Anything with triple zeros like RP-8000F is the new stuff.  The RP-280F is the older model, Reference Premier with 2 eight-inch woofers, Floorstanding.  The RP-8000F is the same thing, newer model.

 

I have the newer RP-600M's, Reference Premier with a single 6.5" woofer, Monitor (like a bookshelf).  The older version was the RP-160M, same basic components.

+++

 

To answer your question about the differences between the RP-280F and the RP-8000F, I've never heard either one.  I'll leave that to others.

+++

 

Where to buy:  We have a Forum member @MetropolisLakeOutfitters who ships everywhere, gives great prices and great service.  If you send him a PM Cory will give you a very honest, very straightforward answer.  He also has B stock which can save you a ton of money.  These can be open box, returns, or something with a blemish.  I bought RP-600M's from him and they are perfect.  If they have a blem then I sure didn't see it.

 

Cory's business partner is @Scrappydue.  Steve  matches everything I've come to know about Cory.  Ask him anything, he can help you.  He can answer those questions I can't.

 

Did I remember to have you ask about B stock if you want to save some money?  B)

 

144802775_RP-600Monbox_small.thumb.jpg.39da8b7d756e12e2f30eac47eeb0a7fa.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to buy new, check with cory harrison who owns Paducah Home Theatre and an administrator on the Klipsch Facebook page. I don't know how to link directly, he also had B-stock items and is very knowledgable about all things audio. When my stuff starts to fail, I will definitely give him a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, omar4 said:

check with cory harrison who owns Paducah Home Theatre and an administrator on the Klipsch Facebook page.

 

I think our posts passed each other.  I'm with you about Cory.

 

Click on his screen name and use the PM feature @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome !!!! this forum is awesome ..all users sharing info, and ideas ..for example.. I was need it upgrades ..same issue  RP-8000 or Rp-280F ..I bought RP-280 after 3 days complete reading , watching videos.. and so very , very happy Rp-280f ..I have 7.2.4 system,,

 

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NuttyNutworks said:

Please advice me. 😁

OK, for one you picked a good wife.

 

And two, find room for a sub, they are not as position dependent as the other speakers and make a HUGE difference especially for movies.

 

I know nothing about the differences you asked about, sorry

 

And Welcome

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...