The Rise of Skywalker aka...

wvu80

You going?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to the theater in December 2019?

• Yes I'm going to see it in the theater
    • No, but I'm going go see it at home when the Bluray comes out
    • No I'm not going to see it
    • No I'm not going to see it since "The Last Jedi" ruined the franchise
    • No I'm sick of Star Wars and it's about time it's over
    • Other (please explain)

Ha Ha watched the trailer and that skinny cream puff no muscle women is the "warrior Hero"? It runs like a Hollywood girl and swings that light saber the same way. I bet the sound effects are good though I would never pay to get them.  Least they could have done would be to get one of them rasslers or MMM gurls that do look like they might mean business. RIP Starwars you were doomed when Disney turned you into a social justice diatribe and special effects only go so far.

To funny did you see all the clowns that showed up as suggested viewing once the trailer played through? Birds of a feather flock together.

32 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

and yet, “Yes, I’m going to see it in the theatre” is leading in this klipsch forum poll. guess this place is no different than outside of the computer screen.😁

Scary isn't it. I just don't get it.

Ridley is in great physical condition and works hard with trainers of all types - especially with the sword play. She's actually one of the few characters I actually like. Mostly it's the writing, which is pretty lamish. 

The Last Jedi had a relatable Luke. I was 17 when I saw the first one, and 59 when I saw TLJ. He was cranky, fed up, and done with most, including himself. Hey, I know that guy, lol. It was the rest of the movie I took issue with. The idiotic slow space chase, the canto bight scene, and yeah, the SJW stuff, which I'm normally okay with, was forced and sometimes awkward. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Not going why start now, have not seen more than a few scenes from any of them. HT demos is as far as I have seen, years ago. 

Interesting, I never thought of it that way.  I'm sure there are a lot of others who feel as you do.

If this were the first and only Star Wars movie I would go because I like sci-fi space adventure type movies, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.  But I like sci-fi adventure because of Star Wars/Star Trek, so it's circular thinking.

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

Refuse to take morality from Hollyweird.  Won't see it. 

What do you mean?  Are you referring to the SJW angle that was so prevalent in the Last Jedi?

If so, I second your emotion.

My wife really dislikes scifi movies, but we spent Christmas at a college friends house in Montgomery, AL in 2016. The husband took us all out to see whatever SW movie was out that year (I don't even remember). My wife liked it a lot, and said we should go see this one. We will, but we will wait a week or so before going.

At the first one I told her to just think of it as a shoot 'em up western that just happens to be in space. I saw the first on in '77, but only a couple others over the whole run. I just go to enjoy and not try to figure everything out.

• Moderators
On 12/19/2019 at 1:38 PM, wvu80 said:

If this were the first and only Star Wars movie I would go because I like sci-fi space adventure type movies, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc.

I do like sci-fi but more of the type like the movie Contact or the Abyss, can't think of others.

• Like 2