Stephen Parker

Stephen Parker

Hi, A Klipsch newbie here. I'm in the UK and have just landed a pair of immaculate, and little used Forte II speakers. My question is about the stands. If the speakers were to stand on a solid floor would it be a good idea to fill the bases with sand and then seal or is the cavity part of the speaker system?   Thanks.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum...

There is no reason to do anything other than enjoy those nice model speakers. Do they not sound correct to you? Please elaborate...

Thanks!

Edit: Directly on the floor and around a foot out from walls are preferable for the sake of the bass...

• Like 1

Stephen, welcome to the forums. Fortes are nice, enjoy...

The cavity in the bases is small and not open. If they were up on a four legged stool type of stand, you would certainly lose some bass. Enjoy them as they are.

• Like 2

Welcome.

Sand filling seems to be a Brit thing; Wharfdale comes to mind.  Adding sand to the bases is , IMO, unlikely to improve the sound.  Any possible benefit would, again IMO, be more than offset by the inconvenience and potential mess.  Who wants a beach in their listening room?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What they said.  ^^^^^^^^^  I'm sure the bass cavity in Klipsch speakers is designed in conjunction w/the air space in the cabinet for the best response for whatever model.  Proper placement is also paramount but that's on you and your ears.  Give them some room away from the wall and play with them a while until they sound great to YOU.  THEN you'll be smiling even more.  Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

• Like 2