Amazon Robbed Me!

Pats3of4

6 minutes ago, danalog02 said:

Situations like this are why I have gotten in the habit of taking pictures of what I'm shipping (either sold online or as a return) and how I've packed it into the box and also the outside of the box to show that it was not damaged when it left.

I do the same and it's a great precaution to CYA.  

Little late but welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

I've seen this happen on the opposite side of things.  Vendor sells an item through Amazon, buyer request a refund and sends the item back.  Receives refund, then seller finds out that the item they sent back was not even what was sent.  My guess is that these types of situations are an issue on both sides and Amazon chooses not to empower their employees to figure out what really happened and do what is right.  I ordered flowers for my wife for the first time in 20 years on Valentines day.  I received a delivery notification when never receiving anything. I have to suspect that if the local florist doesn't mark item delivered by a certain time, then it delays payment.    I was on the phone with 800flowers for an hour.  The customer service rep consistently tried to get me off the phone, more than likely hoping I would move on.  I gave them 2 options, let me talk to the supervisor or refund my money.   After an hour and 3 try's they finally gave up and gave me my refund.  I assume that if I ended up hanging up without my refund, I would have never seen it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Schu said:

How did they broach the subject that there was a different serial numbered unit in the returned package?

They had no answers.  

They said it never should have been destroyed and disposed of.  There was no documentation as to being a different model or how the serial number was different.  Someone in their warehouse documented those two points then “destroyed and disposed” of it.

When i got upper management they were really good.  The documentation was not recorded properly on their end and they apologized.

The box had been opened when I got it but it was a new projector.

I’ve had my Amazon horror stories too. I won’t buy any large or expensive items from Amazon any more. Also do not buy underwear........ eeeew.  As bad as some of the experiences have been what’s worse is that Amazon refuses to post critical reviews so that others can avoid bad vendors or misrepresented products. Posted reviews with photographic evidence proving my observation only to have it quashed by Amazon. So take those reviews with a hefty grain of salt......  they’re biased by Amazon.

Guess I will check serial numbers and take pics.  I got ripped off on an Audiogon sale recently as well.  Lost a great subwoofer and $400.

What is with people....

I love to trade and swap out equipment.  I don’t even break even but it’s part of the hobby.  Oh well...

I saw that ... Walmart had these cleaning wipes, normally $2.20 (because I buy them often) website now listed them for over $7.50.

Reminds me of years ago, after an earthquake, places were selling water for  like $20 a gallon.

in California, it's illegal to charge more than a 10% price increase after a state of emergency has been declared. 

Fraud is on EBay which is a bit of a different thing than you suffered under. I am a gemstone cutter so I know what I am looking at. I type in Blue Zircon for the heck of it on an EBay search tonight and get this. 100% complete and total fraud and you can see the side of the man made boule. Turned this one in and will be interested to see what happens. I have done this before and listings stayed up when they had a ton of sales. I guess if you make enough money for EBay they let your fraud slide by. Buyer beware and there are things I wont buy on line but only in person or not at all.

A beginning facetor would buy this never knowing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/195-0-Ct-Natural-Certified-Blue-Zircon-Rough-Diamonds-VVS-Loose-Gemstones-R-925/264653662952?hash=item3d9e966ae8:g:ocQAAOSwdzZePnZe

fraud.PNG

The sad thing is I love to keep swapping stuff out.  Buy, sell, trade- all for fun.  I lose money and don’t care.  I like giving deals to people.  It evens out when you treat people well.  Mistakes happen but some of these market places are fraud breeding grounds.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

I saw that ... Walmart had these cleaning wipes, normally $2.20 (because I buy them often) website now listed them for over $7.50.

Reminds me of years ago, after an earthquake, places were selling water for  like $20 a gallon.

in California, it's illegal to charge more than a 10% price increase after a state of emergency has been declared. 

Capitalism at its finest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Thanks.  I appreciate it however that was in a former life.

remember that time you said that you wanted to give me a bunch of bottles of very good bourbon? Well, I'm officially out of stuff. 

Was going to stop at the liquor store this afternoon and see what they had, but thought I had more at home ... till I went to pour some and only had enough for one drink.

since we rarely get anything good around here, I'll probably get another Colonel Taylor (which I like the best thus far anyway).