NFL

OO1

1 hour ago, J M O N said:

Looks like you've edited your post stating the Cowboys can't beat the Lions 

cant wait for the next football game with the Lions and the Cowboys  .  

3 hours ago, J M O N said:

And yes, the Cowboys are fully capable of beating the Lions -- they've already done so once this season.

The fact sill remains, if the refs made the correct call on that 2 point conversion.....Lions win. The refs are already removed for the remainder of the season, so that says it all. 

I'd say Jerry's check was good!

I wonder if the NFL ever changed their mind when they said the Cowgirl stadium will never host another Super Bowl after Jerry sold seats and placed them in the aisles behind the bleachers. He is a cancer to the legitimate NFL owners.

3 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Basically holding is OK as long as the refs don't see it.

JJK

Some teams teach holding better than other teams, and some teams get the preferential treatment from the NFL. 

Whenever an offensive lineman checks in as eligible, the refs have to notify the defense.  That is the purpose for the notification.  Assuming the refs messed up (contrary to their claim) and did get the wrong player checking in as eligible -- they would've notified the defense that #70 was checking in as an eligible receiver.  Dallas wasn't expecting #68 to be catching a pass so they didn't have to cover him.  Had Dallas been notified that #68 was eligible, none of us know if they would've covered him.  However, it would be correct to say that if every call went against Dallas, then Detroit wins the game.  If the correct calls were made throughout, then not so much as I explained previously.

What is odd though is why the Lions sent three different offensive lineman towards the refs. Theories have been stated that they were trying to confuse the Cowboys but confused the refs instead to their own (possible) detriment.  The Lions should know the refs are going to notify the defense which player has checked in to be eligible.

As for Jerry Jones, I can't say I've always been pleased with the way he runs the team, but all owners recognize that he, more than anyone else, is most responsible for the huge amount of money that the NFL is raking in.  Its the main reason he's in the Hall-of-Fame.  Jerry has grown up over the years and he's a lot easier to like now.  From a football perspective, winning has always been the most important to him and you can't say that about every NFL owner.

In order to separate the contrived from the truth, here are the facts:

spacer.png

I've also not seen anything stating where those refs have been removed from working games for the remainder of the season.  They've been eliminated from working the playoffs, which is reserved for only the highest rated teams.  I'm not defending the refs -- they botched the tripping penalty which would've rendered everything else moot had they made the correct call there.

• 2 weeks later...

Browns?  Myles Garret nullified, no center pass rush, cornerbacks slow to cover or completely fooled. Defensive holding could have been called on every play against Houston which was the turning point of the game. The refs had a hand in the outcome changing the offensive flow of the Browns. The Browns owner forgot to show the movie "Patton" to the defensive coaches. Our defense made a rookie quarterback look like Albert Einstein.

JJK

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the Browns-Texans game   , I shut the TV by half-time ,  the same can be said for the Chiefs-Dolphins game , by the 2nd quarter , the game was sealed ,  ,the  Dolphins  even busted Mahomes helmet , that had to hurt , Mahomes saw stars  for sure  on that hit 

Chiefs game here was on Paramount Plus and not televised.   You must have more money than I do @001.  Gettin crazy out there.  RESIST!  lol  Taylor get all that ice scraped off her loge window?  Asking for a friend.  😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

not televised.   You must have more money than I do @001.   

Hi Dave  ,  it's @OO1  , 001  was my old user name . I watched the game on Peacock 

https://www.peacocktv.com/sports/nfl?irclickid=2vbxvgTT4xyPTyqUA5y4uWE7UkH2MA3VV36f080&irgwc=1&utm_source=pk_vrs_imra&utm_medium=pd_aff_acq_psdlnk&utm_term=Penske Media Corporation&utm_content=1928385&cid=2201affiliateevgnpkpdaff4393&utm_campaign=2201affiliateevgn

• Like 1