Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

36 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

So these are residential ‘style’ long term care programs housing those with mental limitations. That’s a tough line to walk. The in-patient residents and your system must rely on the families to enforce social distancing outside the facility. It sounds like 1 resident was returned infected and contaminated most of his coresidents in short order and some of the staff. I do hope the staff are not shared amongst the separate homes. Hope they can keep it contained. Sounds like a high risk population.

This appears to be caused by family outside the home. We are always short on staff so many will get extra hours at other homes. We will certainly find out if they tracked down enough who were in contact.

On 5/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, JefDC said:

If I understand this correctly and extrapolate then:

The Europeans can hold the USA accountable for the Spanish Flu that came from America,

The native Indians and the South Americans can hold Europe accountable for the spread of deadly diseases.

Where does it end ?

The way you rationalize the pandemic, it never ends; but I think you forgot to consider "intent", as in was it intentional or unintentional? In the case of the current pandemic, I believe China knowingly allowed this to occur. Their economy is hurting now, and they're missing badly the business as usual swamp rats. Dig deep enough, I'll bet G. Soros was involved.

• Like 2

When my wife was teaching in China between 2002-2010, at the university level, she had lots of young women in her classes, and all had other brothers or sisters.

Even in the worse times -in China -------if a family had an extra Birth , they would give the child to another Family member or send the child  to another City when Party Officials were doing their checkups   , as long as there was 1 child registered per household   that's all that mattered --pure Communism , you can have 10 kids , but in 10 different homes and under 10 different registered names , you are ok , but put them all in 1 home , and you  implicitly contravene the  Party  Rules --

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Shi Zhengli did directly obtain NIH grant funds from EcoHealth. While the work done by WIV certainly could have and may still be quite useful it was of no practical value in this pandemic.

I'm leaning towards going with our top people in the trenches. 

"NIH’s move, which was first reported by Politico, “is the most counterproductive thing I could imagine,” given the research’s relevance to understanding the current pandemic and avoiding future viral outbreaks, says Gerald Keusch, a former director of NIH’s Fogarty International Center who is now with the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory at Boston University. “This is a horrible precedent.” 

"Keusch says he is trying to mobilize colleagues to contest NIH’s action. “This is cutting off your face to spite your nose,” he says. “This is the worst kind of thing that political interference can cause in a democracy.”

15 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I'm leaning towards going with our top people in the trenches. 

"NIH’s move, which was first reported by Politico, “is the most counterproductive thing I could imagine,” given the research’s relevance to understanding the current pandemic and avoiding future viral outbreaks, says Gerald Keusch, a former director of NIH’s Fogarty International Center who is now with the National Emerging Infectious Diseases Laboratory at Boston University. “This is a horrible precedent.” 

"Keusch says he is trying to mobilize colleagues to contest NIH’s action. “This is cutting off your face to spite your nose,” he says. “This is the worst kind of thing that political interference can cause in a democracy.”

I wonder what Ms.Zhengli would add to this dialogue if she were allowed to speak freely? As I said there’s no problem with the nature of the work but where the work is undertaken and it’s state controlled access to the physical location, it’s employees and it’s activities. It is similar to hiring the mafia to hunt down criminals.

• Like 2

Gilead Lobbying Rose As Interest In COVID-19 Treatment Climbed

We are constantly being told to "follow the money" here on his thread so I found it intersting to read this. I know some poo poo any and all sources that don't fall into the confirmation bias that we all have, one way or another, but the more you know, the better your choices. It's on the NPR newsite. The graph is remarkable.

That said, I hope this works in any capacity to alleviate suffering.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Gilead Lobbying Rose As Interest In COVID-19 Treatment Climbed

We are constantly being told to "follow the money" here on his thread so I found it intersting to read this. I know some poo poo any and all sources that don't fall into the confirmation bias that we all have, one way or another, but the more you know, the better your choices. It's on the NPR newsite. The graph is remarkable.

That said, I hope this works in any capacity to alleviate suffering.

Link?

I found this interesting on the State model predictions. Something I had not read before about how the criteria used makes a big difference in end numbers. The MIT graph is more in line with the most recent data graph released by Wa state Dept of Health. The last 7 days have seen an uptick in deaths more in line with MIT than UW's.

CV-models-explainer-W.jpg

Wa-COVID-19-5.2-daily-W.jpg

• Like 1

Excuse me. NOT DEATHS as I had said but confirmed cases. I do not know if this will correlate to more deaths, as those numbers are declining over the last days. But following the past curve where deaths went up in relation to confirmed cases, this is not a very good sign.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, billybob said:

Always thought Austin would show in one of those charts

As being a significant population

yet, did not see them. Going to guess around 250,000 pop. as,

being a college, and a state capital city. Surely it is bigger than a one horse town...

It's Travis County, 1 million did it say? It was 500,000 when I came here. Undergraduate enrollment at UT is 50K all by itself.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, billybob said:

From the article she said:

"I promise with my life that the virus has nothing to do with the lab" 

Strange thing to say...

she is not the only person who works in the lab , it's a big building , 

PATIENT no  0  was traced back to November 2019-   she should have sounded the Alarm back in November 2019 - and she knows the pandemic risks since 2015 -

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3074991/coronavirus-chinas-first-confirmed-covid-19-case-traced-back

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic