Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

Well well well, what do we have here?

Sounds like what my dad said when he found my brothers Daisy BB gun. Took it and with his hand bent the barrel and handed it back to him. Said, to my brother who was half in tears, "Now you can shoot around corners..."

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Don't know why you hold up for these guys. Anyway I never said it was today I said it was a policy of theirs which it was for many years.

I dont , Dave , the friends I have ,in China  can practice their faith ,  30 years ago , it was impossible

19 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well well well, what do we have here?

Sounds like what my dad said when he found my brothers Daisy BB gun. Took it and with his hand bent the barrel and handed it back to him. Said, to my brother who was half in tears, "Now you can shoot around corners..."

i wonder who bought him the BB  ?

1 minute ago, 000 said:

I dont , Dave , the friends I have ,in China  can practice their faith ,  30 years ago , we used to meet in basements  -

I have heard stories of Christians hiding even their shoes from the front step so officials would not see evidence of gatherings. People would trickle in so they would not be spotted. Today they are tearing down churches again or telling them what flavor they can believe in. They are an oppressed society.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

they are tearing down churches

WE are  paying for these Buildings -the more they tear , the more we rebuild them even bigger  -

7 minutes ago, 000 said:

WE are  paying for these Buildings -the more they tear , the more we rebuild them even bigger  -

Got to hear a Pentecostal Chinese preacher Evangelist speaker talk about these things. He says Christian faith is growing there but the govt goes after those who don't amend the Bible accordingly to party desires. In the mean time miracles happen behind closed doors and the evidence speaks for itself.

• Like 3

A century or so ago there were over 18k Catholic priests in China. I knew a priest who went there to teach, after Nixon helped open the doors. He expected it to change, but when I talked with him ten yrs ago, he said things never really opened up. Now the doors are closing again with the current president, Xi Jinping.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pneumonia is typically the thing that an elderly person succumbs to when they pass (natural causes). So, no surprise that the number is as high as it is. 

You are cherry picking the data. You were wrong about the flu comparison,  and you are wrong about this too.

You also continue to ignore the obvious. Numbers are comparatively down because the whole country was sent home to wait it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

A centtury or so ago there were over 18k Catholic priests in China. I knew a priest who went there to teach, after Nixon heled open the doors. He expected it to change, but when I talked with him ten yrs ago, he said things never really opened up. Now the doors are closing again with the current president, Xi Jinping.

You are correct there are no smiley faces for Christians over there.

4 minutes ago, Deang said:

Pneumonia is typically the thing that an elderly person succumbs to when they pass (natural causes). So, no surprise that the number is as high as it is. 

You are cherry picking the data. You were wrong about the flu comparison,  and you are wrong about this too.

You also continue to ignore the obvious. Numbers are comparatively down because the whole country was sent home to wait it out.

Sorry Dean I did not make the numbers I did however find a current government agency that just amended their number from 60,000+ to these you read on the charts. I expect the others will soon too. Please explain how I cherry picked? How authoritative a source should I have above the one quoted?

The seriously low flu numbers though do pose an interesting question to me. How long has this really been around and is this wuhan thing part of flu numbers last year? Strange to have such a shift in the flu numbers and I wonder if these wuhan tests were available last year what they would have found. Way to many things do not add up here.

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Black market, trades for switchblades, etc...lunch money.

Remember the goodies we had to play with as kids? Give me M-80's and slingshots and bicycles any day over video games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Give me M-80's

Circa 1980 ... Fourth of July ... Pismo Beach -- shooting off some bottle rockets and this car pulls up. Guy rolls down his window and asks if want some “real” fireworks. 

For $20, he sells me a grocery bag partially filled with M-80s. Man, did i have fun with those. 

Did you know a M-80 is the same as a 1/4 stick of dynamite? I didn’t. 

Tossed one into my ex girlfriend’s mailbox back in 9th grade. It lit up the whole neighborhood and blew half of the siding off that side of the house. 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic