YouTube Spinning

Full Range

While looking at sales on a labels site, I came across this band, Talas. They´re active since the early 80´s, never heard of them before. Got out a new album last year, that caught my eye/ ear. Vinyl is hard to get at reasonable prices... This link is their second album from1982.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Not soundin too bad @AndreG..   Bout 11:30 here and I'm still werkin out on that coffee pot!  Thanks for steppin mah game up!  lol  Prolly STILL won't get much done today though!  😂

I know the feelin Dave... Been home since Thursday, I caught "The Virus", and have done nothing much since then... Don´t feel especially sick, just tired all the time...

• Sad 3

Givin it a full run and it's actually put together very well.  Different yet holds your attention.  A steady diet?  Nope, but it's a nice change up you old tight wad!  hahaha  Keep it  up and it'll look like this place.  There is ZERO room.  5 piles standin on the floor with each one being about 18 inches long.  You'll be there in no time!  Got faith in ya brother.  Pics a couple years old.  lol  I'm dyin if I'm lyin!  It's BAD!

20220707-195327.jpg

😂   💪   😂

• Like 4

Bought an old Mac4100, had it gone thru and cleaned up, tied in an old Thorens TD-160 table and the Heresy are now beside the French doors about 8' away from me.  No Dual's.  lol  

If ya look at the pic you'll see my knee.  I've got a glass and steel rack beside the oak black glassed cabinet the stuff sits on.

My big JBL twin bass cab sits perfectly under an old 1" MSB store display cabinet covered on all sides w/black formica.  Beside that is an old military solid oak cabinet.  You think your tite?  The cabinet cost me $40 and the black displaycabinet cost me 35.  There's an inch of space on each end of the bass cabinet.  Room on top for the TV box, which we all know are junk, and 127 remotes kinda maybe.  My butcher block cost 1800 new and I picked it up at an auction for I think $110.  Talk about heavy?  Wow.  Solid maple butcher top w/very little use.  3 years of nosin for it.  Had to be right.  Got a nice open drawer and a pull out cutting board.  Drawer is new sleeves and junk.  End of the shelves is my VPI cleaning machine.  Everything came together perfectly in TIME and it was built on the cheap cause I'm cheap yet want the best for my system.  No hurry here.  So patience is a virtue.  Oh yea, my "aura" above the Linn is a chopped down flourescent sewing embroidery light. My trusty old hacksaw chopped about 4 feet off the thing.  Put it together and grinned.  I wanna SEE what I'm doing when I change it up.  $175 new but paid &15 and replaced the bulb about 6 months later for 40.  Not takin ANY prisoners here and I miss that butt crack of yours but mine's older and prolly bigger.  😂

Be a cold day before I spend a couple k on a system rack cause I ain't gonna impress noooobody!  Don't wanna either.  Watchin jaws drop is my new hobby!  I'm D.O.N.E.!ll

• Thanks 3

Billy Thorpe - was a very cool bloke in Australia 

He was British born and emigrated to Australia about 1955 

He was also in a band called the Aztec’s with a couple of break ups they were around for about 10 years till the mid 70s playing hard rock 

This video was recorded at Boggo Road Jail, about 2 miles from where I live 🤘

And I would say that just about every one in Australia knows this song 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Coffee's good!  Time to wakey, wakey!   Keepin it simple early CAN be a good thing!  NO ONE gets to EmmyLou!   Time to chill.  Nope no cream and no sugar.  We GO! :)

I've got the CD with Mark and Emmylou, 'All the road running' It's a wonderful bit of music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Full Range I actually REMEMBER that song but forgot completely about it.  Thanks!  Can't remember who was playing it over here but we all knew the words.  Ha, now THAT'S funny hearing it!  See you ARE good for something!  Sharin the love from down-under!   :)

• Like 2

I'm feelin sumpin.  Dunno what yet though.  

^^^^^  LOVE, Portnoy comin in on drums @ about 3 minutes.  Damn Skippy!  WHEW it's hot and SPOT ON!   :)

That's WHY I've got the drive-time slot at the station and why @JohnJ's takin out the trash!  😂   💪  HAD to Johnboy!  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, justonemore said:

Here is one from my younger days.

this next one I just heard about 6 months ago. I guess it's been around awhile.

Great song, not so good singer. Too many off key notes and no lungs.

JJK

• Like 2

Funny Dave! But that's some darn good music and thank you @Marvel for identifying the LP. Did not look closely. Don't know when that was made but her and Knopfler go well together in that duet.

@JJkizak yeah but it's close enough for dancing music ! Been decades for me too since I've heard it.

• Thanks 1