YouTube Spinning

Full Range

IMHO, this video represents (1) a wonderful performance of a song that I never really cared for before; (2) a great recording thereof, and (3) another amazing example of the work of one of the most talented young people I have ever seen. Check out Allison Young's channel, https://www.youtube.com/@allisonyoungmusic.

Edited by Scott Grammer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I forgot my older son Josh, Invidiosulus, posted this in the guitar threads. He played bass on this and I played the other instruments. My daughter was working on a film at college and I made the mistake of doing music for it. I did about five or six songs in one week. This is only about one minute, but my favorite of the ones I came up with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

RIP Robbie Robertson, age 80.

9 August 2023

Man, that's sad news!  Robbie Robertson!  It's to be expected that our musical heroes would be checking out now, since most of us are old, and those heroes are mostly older than us, but even so, it always comes as unpleasant news, especially if you heard him in a radio interview not long ago.  Wait a minute, that interview was over five years ago.  The months pass like weeks now, and a year passes like a season.

God rest him, his music moved us.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Did you know - his real name is

Jaime Royal Robertson

I got to know him with the song 'somewhere down the crazy river'. Must have been the 80s or early 90s. By then, he already had a whole career behind him... I also used to own a solo album of his, with native American music on it. I once lent it to a friend and never got it back... 

• Like 4