Is This Thing Some Kind of Early Horn.

thebes

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I believe an EV Cobraflex horn was, for a short time, offered as a squawker in Khorns.  What say you Jim @JRH?

Thanks .  

That's Right!!   I saw some in the 60's.  I once asked Hunter about them and he said they were called the Klipschorn Jr.  

Being old sucks

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 1:35 PM, thebes said:

Very cool. What a wealth of useless (or is it useful (smiley)) knowledge this place posses.

😂  😂 Funny, I thought this was put to bed a few days ago but kept seeing comments so naturally had to peek in.  hahaha

On 5/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, IB Slammin said:

Thanks .  

That's Right!!   I saw some in the 60's.  I once asked Hunter about them and he said they were called the Klipschorn Jr.  

Being old sucks

the Cobreflex is still praised ---by some

s-l1600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 12:35 PM, DizRotus said:

I believe an EV Cobraflex horn was, for a short time, offered as a squawker in Khorns.  What say you Jim @JRH?

I found this thread at one point in researching mods - lot of info on the cobraflex for la scalas?  I found a pair online and they are still sitting in my basement unused.  Maybe I should pull them out.

not intending to dis the EV Cobraflex but really if you are wanting to  upgrade your LaScala this is not in any way the path to take. The Cobraflex would be imo a serious step backwards. There are so many quality horn options for both a three way or even a two way LaScala. Ancient small mid horns are gone for good reason. A larger mid horn will provide a much wider bandwidth as well as its most important quality that of holding control of its polar response over a wider range. There in lies the magic. If you are into diy take a look at Inlow sound the paper horn.

http://www.inlowsound.com/

• Thanks 1