Censorship II

joessportster

I haven't had any Maple syrup in a long time, but it's the best if it's the real thing. My dad, as a high school football and basketball coach, would come home late from out of town games, sit down at the kitchen table and mix peanut butter and Karo together and eat it with a fork. He would do that while mom was making him a couple of fried egg sandwiches.

If I want a Coke, I would rather buy one at Wally World or a carniceria near us to get the ones bottled in Mexico, since they are made with cane sugar.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sputnik said:

There’s a lot of great comedy today but there are too many who don’t get humor that doesn’t begin with “ya know yer a redneck when” or end with “git ‘er done”

I must be getting old and cranky, or maybe more mature and am more selective. I never have been a fan of redneck anything and don't understand the pride, but I can not understand the pride in many of the subcultures.   

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Some just read what's on the teleprompter, others show extreme difficulty in reading at all.

That clip was definitely Quayle like, lol!

I don't see it as Quayle like, Barry had many moments that didn't go very smooth. The worst one that I SMH on was Bush Jr.  

4 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's sort of rare that I eat pancakes anymore.  When I do, it's at IHOP, Denny's, Cracker Barrell or home.  I use AJ or LC brands at home.  Not for price, but because I never knew...  I just grabbed a very familiar brand and bought it.  I assume I do not get the more expensive stuff at the restaurants mentioned.

It's also my favorite sweetener for oatmeal.

Oops, OT already said that.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, CECAA850 said:

A&W root beer.  We used to get it on tap poured into wax coated cardboard containers (pints or quarts).  Best root beer I've ever had in my life.  The stuff A&W puts out now isn't remotely close.

I remember the A&W real stuff

Big Joe Root Beer I grew up on. Used to walk down and bring back a gallon of root beer for Sunday floats. Big Joe was a South O Staple

2.jpg

On 6/18/2020 at 10:35 AM, CECAA850 said:

A&W root beer.  We used to get it on tap poured into wax coated cardboard containers (pints or quarts).  Best root beer I've ever had in my life.  The stuff A&W puts out now isn't remotely close.

I remember those containers but we'd just steal the heavy glass mugs.  One of the coolest parts of going to A&W was the belt coin changers that the car hops wore.  I always wanted one of those and was finally able to get a nice one off of ebay several years ago.  Let me know if anyone needs change for a dollar.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sputnik said:

One of the coolest parts of going to A&W was the belt coin changers that the car hops wore

Yes 🙂

The A&W drive-in was the bomb...

Back in my Big Joe days, glass gallon jugs were used. Not Plastic. F$#K Plastic.

Edit to add this....You would bring back your empty jug and get a fresh one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Yes 🙂

Back in my Big Joe days, glass gallon jugs were used. Not Plastic. F$#K Plastic.

Edit to add this....You would bring back you empty jar and get a fresh one.

We had one of those coin dispensers when I was little.  I have no idea where it came form but we played with it constantly.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MyOwn said:

Yes 🙂

Edit to add this....You would bring back your empty jug and get a fresh one.

Yes man...last time seen one of those was in childhood pool hall.

Now I just say, keep the change.

• Like 1