Censorship II

joessportster

Penny Lane in Liverpool may be renamed.  You can research the reasoning behind it. I wonder if the Beatles will be forced to rename their song if that happens.

”Our work to teach the lessons of the Holocaust doesn’t stop.”  This is stated at the top of the homepage of US Holocaust Museum in DC.   Maybe the museum should be closed permanently because some say that it never happened.   I’m sure you get my point.  

Maynard

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Penny Lane in Liverpool may be renamed.  You can research the reasoning behind it. I wonder if the Beatles will be forced to rename their song if that happens.

”Our work to teach the lessons of the Holocaust doesn’t stop.”  This is stated at the top of the homepage of US Holocaust Museum in DC.   Maybe the museum should be closed permanently because some say that it never happened.   I’m sure you get my point.  

Maynard

Exactly.  I agree in spirit but disagree at certain ways of execution.  You hit the nail on the head with "museum."  I doubt we will ever forget the Nazis, but you don't need to see (and I believe are banned) Nazi flags flying anywhere in Germany to preserve the history.

2 hours ago, tube fanatic said:

Maynard

What call it the believe it or not...

And why should they care anyway.

Deniers label themselves liars, or

a more palatable way of saying,

the truth is not in them.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, billybob said:

It's like watching a British comedy.

Showing you the happy couple exiting the church for their honeymoon, while talking about their separation and divorce.

Total disconnect...

Funny that you mention British comedy.  Fox News  🤡

https://theweek.com/speedreads/920258/fox-news-took-antifa-monty-python-joke-literally-earning-laugh-from-john-cleese

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Aunt Jemima is going to be renamed.  Then Uncle Ben's is next.  The Frito Bandito left us in 1971.  Oh the history!!!  The sky is falling, all is lost.

The dummies take what we know is a compliment and ruin it. Broadcasters repeat it until it is "true". Voila new history in place. Think a sports team named Redskins was meant to ridicule? No dummy, it's because they admired the fight and victorious nature of them. Wanted to strike fear in opponents. No sports team is the Amoeba's, that doesn't inspire like a bloodthirsty Tiger! The bandito commercials were funny, and all my pencil erasers got used up!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The dummies take what we know is a compliment and ruin it. Broadcasters repeat it until it is "true". Voila new history in place. Think a sports team named Redskins was meant to ridicule? No dummy, it because they admired the fight and victorious nature of them. Wanted to strike fear in opponents. No sports team is the Amoeba's, that doesn't inspire like a bloodthirsty Tiger! The bandito commercials were funny, and all my pencil erasers got used up!

The fighting Banana Slugs aren’t too far up the evolutionary ladder from the Amoebas but the Rhode Island School of Design has the scariest mascot. 

Our volleyball team in grad school was called “With Themselves” so our opponents were always playing With Themselves

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Aunt Jemima is going to be renamed.  Then Uncle Ben's is next.  The Frito Bandito left us in 1971.  Oh the history!!!  The sky is falling, all is lost.

Does anyone else remember the Mazola corn oil commercial “You call it corn, we call it maize.”

While in the background a dancing circle of indigenous peoples are chanting “Mazoh-ah-la, corn goo-ood-ness.”

Oh, man...

• Like 1