SWAG is on like Donkey Kong.

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

40 ft and loud is surprising to me that it keeps up.  Good deal.

I set it up at the edge of a 100-car parking lot and had two La Scalas and the THTLP going pretty good, and there was adequate bass over the entire lot.  @MookieStl is going to have 4 La Scalas and the THTLP going, so it might be a different story.  Can't wait to see!

BTW, I offered him my two La Scalas so he'd have six and he thought 4 was enough, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, codewritinfool said:

I set it up at the edge of a 100-car parking lot and had two La Scalas and the THTLP going pretty good, and there was adequate bass over the entire lot.  @MookieStl is going to have 4 La Scalas and the THTLP going, so it might be a different story.  Can't wait to see!

BTW, I offered him my two La Scalas so he'd have six and he thought 4 was enough, lol.

2 of anything we had a SWAG with the sub was more than we could handle.  Never maxed anything out and it was crazy loud at some points. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I'm going to have all four of mine up and running "down by the river" this weekend!

I just loaded my rolling party. Pallets for a bonfire (for starters) and 4 LSI, a couple crown amps in the cab, maybe a cocktail or two in there somewhere as well. What is that strange tall object? A number of jerks (see above) on this forum keep saying "LS need a sub, a big sub", so I am giving it a try.

Thanks @codewritinfool

Full report in a few days.

SWAG NO 2 on the road - have fun guys

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete H said:

And mesmerized by the fire.  Hope they're having a blast.

you guys did very well being out in the Country side  ----and more people should be onboard next year as this  bug  eases  ,

2 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

you guys did very well being out in the Country side  ----and more people should be onboard next year as this  bug  eases  ,

I think we were going to have around 30 or so in April, but all this stuff for sure had a major impact, but it was all great regardless.  Where are you located?

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

I think we were going to have around 30 or so in April, but all this stuff for sure had a major impact, but it was all great regardless.

Pete  , quick question , do you own both the Mini-punch and the EV  , which do you like best and last did you build the MP from a kit -

1 hour ago, RandyH000 said:

Pete  , quick question , do you own both the Mini-punch and the EV  , which do you like best and last did you build the MP from a kit -

Yes and no.  I own both, and I like them equally for different tasks.  @jwc is the reason I have the mini's.  The EV's are large space incredible punchy speakers that short of a JUB, or Super MWMs and a a 402, are pretty stout and the best speakers I've had in the shop, and I've had a lot.   

1 hour ago, Pete H said:

Yes and no.  I own both, and I like them equally for different tasks.  @jwc is the reason I have the mini's.  The EV's are large space incredible punchy speakers that short of a JUB, or Super MWMs and a a 402, are pretty stout and the best speakers I've had in the shop, and I've had a lot.   

punchy speakers  , plus EV's are usually pretty musical -

Made it back alive! Great time, great tunes. What we need is lighter speakers when we get older. Glad I have a flat bed available, so don't have to move them around too much!!

Four LS sound great outdoors. The THTLP definitely kicked it up a notch. 

I'll post more later. 

I felt bad about the hijack of this thread until I saw the OP was Carl.

backstage:

IMG_1219.thumb.jpg.c9982c32e0e45778f700ca8c23652524.jpg

• Like 3