13 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Spinner we have been down this road recently and you still persist in saying this with nothing backing up your statement as I told you Nelson Pass has done in his laboratory. Again Nelson has a scope set up showing a 1 watt widow with the signal never getting out to that window with 95db speakers with people telling him to turn it down. At the time you claimed to have a scope and I will assume a generator as well if you do any audio work at all with me telling you how to do the test yourself. It annoys me that you think you know more than Nelson and perhaps you do but you need to state your credentials and the test you have performed along with the flea amps you have in your possession before you post this again or I am going to call this misinformation turning members away from trying some of the excellent flea amps as the Decware Zen with our speakers. Just this week I replaced my 150 watt SS amp with the Decware Zen and it sound much much better with more power than I would ever use. Just facts and I posses many flea watt tube amps along with 20 or more SS and tube amps in my house to compare them with. I also have an electronic lab in my house as well.

Look, I am on this forum to make friends and I hope you do not take this post wrong but facts speak louder than empty words. I could claim my old 70's Bose 901's with the Decware Zen

Paul Klipsch filled auditoriums with sound with 5 watt amplifiers

I listen at Concert levels.  Not to Chamber Music. 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babadono said:

@the real Duke Spinner aren't you from a live sound/professional recording background? Yep headroom is a real thing in live sound reinforcement. Much more important than in a home listening environment of reproduced music.

My stereo is s Professional Sound System ...VOtT just to start the list. 🙂

1 hour ago, babadono said:

@the real Duke Spinner aren't you from a live sound/professional recording background? Yep headroom is a real thing in live sound reinforcement. Much more important than in a home listening environment of reproduced music.

Sound Reinforcement And Bands since 1969 ...Ocean Way Studio in Nashville etc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SpeedLimit said:

Do someone know the damping factor of a McIntosh MA7200 ?

i wanted this kind of amp because they have output transtormers

Autotransformers technically. Like the autotransformers in the old Heritage line of speakers.

Being a Mac I would not be too concerned. Great reputation when it comes to sound. I am sure it controls the bass speaker adequately.

To be honest, I made my post yesterday a) because I stand by what I say and b) to reassure speedlimit somewhat that he is doing it right.
You guys are having a battle over the pros and cons of different amp concepts, but it shouldn't make speedlimit feel so insecure before he enjoys his purchase.

23 minutes ago, KT88 said:

You guys are having a battle over the pros and cons of different amp concepts, but it shouldn't make speedlimit feel so insecure before he enjoys his purchase.

You are right. This is after all a social media forum and not a technical one and the truth does not always matter. Lots of times it just comes down to who speaks the most and loudest.  He will not go wrong with a Mac. 

14 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

You are right. This is after all a social media forum and not a technical one and the truth does not always matter. Lots of times it just comes down to who speaks the most and loudest.  

I hope you don't mean me, I really appreciate all your posts very much Henry. I wasn't trying to reprimand anyone. I just put myself in the shoes of speedlimit with his momentary uncertainty whether he did the right thing.

7 minutes ago, KT88 said:

I hope you don't mean me, I really appreciate all your posts very much Henry. I wasn't trying to reprimand anyone. I just put myself in the shoes of speedlimit with his momentary uncertainty whether he did the right thing.

Certainly not.  Sorry if it seemed that way. I enjoy reading everything you post and do not remember anything you post that I would disagree with. 

• Like 1

Mac sound. It's very polarizing. You either love it or hate it, not much middle ground. Hopefully the OP will be in the "Love" camp.

As for high powered SS amps, I have heard a few good 'uns. But it is my opinion that with horns, low(ish) tube power is where it's at. And it's also my opinion that most people who think their high powered SS amp sounds just dandy on a pair of Cornwalls would like their speakers even more with a high quality tube amp.

As always, YMMV....

• Like 2

i never had McIntosh amps ..  it will be my first one .. and where i am living, no possibility to ear or try one in a shop near to me.
So i decided to order one, and i will see or ear what it is able to reproduce sound on my Klipsch CW IV speakers ...
Now, i have Hiraga 20 W Class A power amp with Kaneda preamp, or Audio Analogue Maestro Grand Intégré amp, or Vincent SP991 amp with Vincent Sa93 preamp .. or a very old 300B Pro (maison de l'audiophile) amp ..

So i will check if the McIntosh is better than all the others.

If not, i will have lost over 10000€, more than 11000 $ !!