13 hours ago, jcn3 said:

Shakeydeal -- like your Butcher Block Acoustics stand.  Have one just like it, just not double wide.  Love their products.

This pick is out of date -- equipment has changed, but not the rack! 

I love those Butcher Block Acoustics racks! I checked out their website. Many items are sold out - a good sign.

I wish I could find something similar in Europe...

Each shelf can carry 250kg...  rather impressive... or is that a typo on their website?

image.png.696cc5fba60e4a95874569cfd68e32fa.png

My dealer told me that Klipsch was going to replace the defective grille for me. However, I have to wait for the next construction of CW IV and then delivery from the USA to my little island lost in the Indian Ocean. I hope it will be the exact same color.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cold Smoke said:

As someone who just bought a pair of Cornwalls blind to have them shipped to me up in the Arctic, I have some sympathy for someone buying a set in Reunion Island. 

My mind repeats the words "Cold Smoke."  That is a great name,  especially tied to the Arctic. Scenic pics are always welcome here, by the way.  How long till your speakers arrive in the frozen North?

2 hours ago, ILI said:

I love those Butcher Block Acoustics racks! I checked out their website. Many items are sold out - a good sign.

I wish I could find something similar in Europe...

Each shelf can carry 250kg...  rather impressive... or is that a typo on their website?

image.png.696cc5fba60e4a95874569cfd68e32fa.png

they are rather heavy since each shelf is 1.5" thick butcher block wood.  i don't know about 500 pounds, but they certainly can hold any audio equipment you would like.

i'm not sure how meaningful the out of stock status is -- they tend to run out of the side pieces for the stands from time to time.  so the out of stock is typically for a week or two.

i hear you on availability overseas.  on the naim forum, i see a lot of very cool racks that only seem to be available in europe.

Edited by jcn3

1 hour ago, SpeedLimit said:

This morning, a little David Munyon ( album Poet Wind ) ... the CW IV sound is good .. but this album is also very good recorded

When I got my first Klipsch speakers, I thought they would make all my favourite music sound fantastic... It was a shocker to discover that was not the case. As I was going through my vinyl records and cd collection, I discovered Klipsch speakers are merciless: they either make well recorded music sound fantastic, while they magnify the faults in badly recorded music. 

And in my experience, it is quite unpredictable: some albums I thought were just average, open up on Klipsch speakers, while other albums, some popular, fall apart.

This is a playlist I have of songs I collected on sites where amplifiers are reviewed. These songs the reviewers listed as there 'reference music', i.e. songs they would play while reviewing and comparing with other amps. They all are high quality recordings and have something special, standing out.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7rmhacMLozsBeZWX5AnQJf?si=dfDva1NBTImcl801sk0clg

Your phone should be able to scan this code, I think (In the spotify app, click on the looking glass, then click on the camera icon):

image.png.f6684b96ed724405eab98a722c087918.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SpeedLimit said:

This morning, a little David Munyon ( album Poet Wind ) ... the CW IV sound is good .. but this album is also very good recorded

Hello !

Good news 😄

In my opinion Klipsch should clearly indicate in the manual of its HERITAGE, that the speakers must relax about 100 hours before giving a big sound. Many users are initially disappointed when the speakers are stiff.

And to reassure you a little more, patience, here is the opinion of Steve Huff

https://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2020/04/13/klipsch-cornwall-iv-speaker-review-the-gentle-giant/

They are massive but never overpower my 12X13 room. I can turn it up to concert levels and yet no boom, no harshness, no shouting, no ear fatigue at all. Rather, after 100 hours of break in these speakers kept changing and finally settled in to a speaker that does so much right, and so little wrong. The first 100 hours? They were a tad flat, soft and closed in sounding. After 100 hours they opened up dramatically and came into their own.

UPDATE: After 150 hours the sound got worse. Flatter, as if the bass dropped off. I ran them in music room #2 for weeks and then when I brought them back to my main system they sounded totally different again. After 400 hours they are simply incredible, some of the best speakers I have ever heard. Break in IS real but the good news is no need to worry about it, just play them and play them and one day you will say “DAMN THESE SOUND SOOOO GOOD”! 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 5:49 PM, SpeedLimit said:

it's right .. i am the only owner of CW IV on my island. The reseller has no Klipsch Heritage speakers in his shop.

I know someone who have the CW III

How does the CWIII sound, the bass is good? If so there is no reason that the bass of the CWIVs should not be as good over time.

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

How does the CWIII sound, the bass is good? If so there is no reason that the bass of the CWIVs should not be as good over time

I listened to the CW III at a friend's house.

They were very good but his living room was also very good, better than mine, better proportioned, no high ceiling. It was after listening to him at home that I decided to buy mine, but the CW III were no longer made and had been replaced by the CW IV (2000 euros more expensive). When they were delivered to my house, I was disappointed, very disappointed.

But there, they start to play better. I don't know how many hours they already have in the speaker membranes, but probably not enough yet. Anyway, it is improving, it's a good sign.

The bass of the CW III were present, fine, not too much, not too little.

• Like 3

The thing with Klipsch is they are very accurate, especially in the bass department.  People see a 15" woofer and expect the same over-emphasized, bloated bass like lots of cheap speakers have.  Klipsch will accurately reduce what is fed to them.

• Like 2