26 minutes ago, SpeedLimit said:

Yes you are right, i will also try this .. thank you to all who try to help me , and sorry for my bad american speaking .. i hope you understand me

We understand you fine, you speak better than some here!

I just hope it's an easy fix, you've spent a good deal of money, and time invested now, it's a shame it's even happening. 

Like PrestonTom said, play with placement and let us know.

• Like 2

The jumpers have been removed, I quickly made some homemade two-wire cables (with low-cost Norstone speaker cable), a small cure of 15Hz at quite reasonable volume for the break-in of the bass membrane, a few hours of operation at low volume, it remains to be confirmed but it seems that it is already better.

I put the speakers on skateboards (simply boards with casters) allowing me to move them easily and to test several positions, orientations in my living room ... to be continued

Edited by SpeedLimit
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SpeedLimit said:

The jumpers have been removed, I quickly made some homemade two-wire cables (with low-cost Norstone speaker cable), a small cure of 15Hz at quite reasonable volume for the break-in of the bass membrane, a few hours of operation at low volume, it remains to be confirmed but it seems that it is already better.

I put the speakers on skateboards (simply boards with casters) allowing me to move them easily and to test several positions, orientations in my living room ... to be continued

I hope the bass continues to improve. Then get those blemishes on the grills taken care of. 

You have a very live room.  I would recommend some room treatments starting with a good rug.  Horns are very sensitive to amps, cables, etc.  You may just have a bright sounding amp or cables.  The imbalance due to the room or equipment may make it appear you are not getting enough bass.  Good luck.

Yes my room is too high .. i am living on the tropic. Here,we have not much rug. We have no winter, it is very warm.

I would like to have a wooden floor but it's not my house, i only rent it.

The speaker placement is really the key and the properties of the room also.

• Like 1

I can understand you well.

I have owned a pair of Cornwall IV for 5 months now and have the same problems. Previously I had two RF83s playing on the same chain, but unfortunately I sold them. To the Cornwalls:
The bass is extremely thin. In order to get a sound similar to that of the RF83, it is necessary to increase the bass by more than 6db (on the AVR) after 5 months to get a bearable bass. But the tweeter also lacks a lot. The briliance is missing. Yes, breaking-in did help a bit, but I'm not satisfied. And I'm tired of hearing that I should move the speakers around the room, change cables and change the amp. It's all bullshit and worked great with the RF83. 
My Souround rears (RP-160M) sound more coherent.
Unfortunately, I can't give them back
I wish you good luck, but I can't give you hope.
If I find someone, I will sell them and get something else. It will probably not get any worse.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I have owned a pair of Cornwall IV for 5 months now and have the same problems. Previously I had two RF83s playing on the same chain, but unfortunately I sold them. To the Cornwalls:
The bass is extremely thin. In order to get a sound similar to that of the RF83, it is necessary to increase the bass by more than 6db (on the AVR) after 5 months to get a bearable bass. But the tweeter also lacks a lot. The briliance is missing. Yes, breaking-in did help a bit, but I'm not satisfied. And I'm tired of hearing that I should move the speakers around the room, change cables and change the amp. It's all bullshit and worked great with the RF83. 
If I find someone, I will sell them and get something else. It will probably not get any worse.

(I translated online with Deepl)

so your theory is that if system (A) works with speaker (A) but not with speaker (B) then speaker (B) is a bad speaker? You have a flawed theory and will likely spend (waste) a lot of money and time going down endless rabbit holes. I suggest you find someone who has the system of your dreams take them as your mentor and follow their lead. Roy Delgado does not design bad speakers! Perhaps you could start by looking to see if there are owners of Cornwall 4 or earlier versions local to you and ask if yu could visit for a listen. This way you can hear for yourself what others have achieved and what their systems are like. Maybe you are just a two way guy take a look at the Bob Crites Cornscalla "D" an upgraded two way version of a Cornwall. Only you can say.

Hi @SpeedLimit

My Cornwall are also black ash, black fabrics, no defect on the grid, it seems that the new series CWIV and HIV often have this defect reported on the forums: I know at least 1 pair of CWIV (yours) and 2 HIV with this same grid defect on our HCFR forum: in my opinion somebody should send the info back to the factory so that they correct this defect on their production line> either too much glue during production, or some something moves in the packaging during transport.

In test and while waiting to find the right choice of amp (s) and / or that your K33E break in> You can also try to put a resistance of good quality for speaker filter of 1.2 or 2.2 ohms between the cable and the + terminal of input H (if you still have the jumpers in place, you remove the + jumper and replace it with the resistance and you put the cables on L). This will reduce the high midrange a bit by 1 or 2 db and bring the lower end of the spectrum to the fore, if you take the test tell us what you think.

You can also test the bi-amp and play on the level control of the amps: more level on the bass amp and a little less on the midrange / treble one. Test with an XLi800 Crown (or equivalent) in the bass (K33E) for example, it's cheap and it works very well.

As a preamp I have a McIntosh C504, I have used it for over twenty years and I still love it. The advantage of McIntosh preamps (and others too) is that you can add a few db around 30Hz (not 100Hz as often), it's good for the bass and it's also a much more aesthetic alternative to the subwoofer for the living room.

Salut SpeedLimit,

Mes Cornwall sont aussi frêne noir, tissus noir, aucun défaut sur les grilles, il semble que les nouvelles séries CWIV et HIV aient souvent ce défaut de rapporté sur les forums : je connais au moins 1 paire de CWIV (la tienne) et 2 HIV avec ce même défaut de grille sur notre forum HCFR : à mon sens il faudrait que quelqu'un fasse remonter l'info à l'usine pour qu'ils corrigent ce défaut sur leur ligne de fabrication > soit trop de colle à la fabrication, soit quelque chose bouge dans l'emballage lors du transport.

En test et en attendant de trouver le bon choix d'ampli(s) et /ou que tes K33E se rodent > Tu peux aussi essayer de mettre une résistance de bonne qualité pour filtre d'enceinte de 1.2 ou 2.2 ohms entre le câble et la borne + de l'entrée H (si tu as toujours les cavaliers en place, tu enlèves le cavalier des + et tu le remplaces par la résistance et tu mets les câbles sur L). Cela réduira un peu le Médium aigu de 1 ou 2 db et mettra en avant le bas du spectre, si tu fais le test dis nous ce que tu en penses.

Tu peux aussi tester la bi-amp et jouer sur le réglage de niveau des amplis :  plus de niveau sur l'ampli de basse et un peu moins sur celui des médiums/aigus. Teste avec un XLi800 Crown (ou équivalent) dans les graves (K33E) par exemple, c'est pas cher et ça marche très bien.

En préamp j'ai un McIntosh C504, je l'utilise depuis plus de vingt ans et je l'adore toujours. L'intérêt des préamplis McIntosh (et d'autres aussi) est que tu peux rajouter quelques db vers 30Hz (pas 100Hz comme souvent), c'est bon pour les basses et c'est aussi une alternative au subwoofer beaucoup plus esthétique pour le salon.

1 hour ago, moray james said:

so your theory is that if system (A) works with speaker (A) but not with speaker (B) then speaker (B) is a bad speaker? You have a flawed theory and will likely spend (waste) a lot of money and time going down endless rabbit holes. I suggest you find someone who has the system of your dreams take them as your mentor and follow their lead. Roy Delgado does not design bad speakers! Perhaps you could start by looking to see if there are owners of Cornwall 4 or earlier versions local to you and ask if yu could visit for a listen. This way you can hear for yourself what others have achieved and what their systems are like. Maybe you are just a two way guy take a look at the Bob Crites Cornscalla "D" an upgraded two way version of a Cornwall. Only you can say.

Hi @moray james

Your idea is excellent, but our friend is French and lives on the splendid Reunion Island, it is paradise for surfing, but for HiFi I doubt that there is much Klipsch Heritage on its beautiful island to go and listen to, especially beautiful and new CWIV !

https://www.reunion.fr/pratique/l-ile-de-la-reunion

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi @moray james

Your idea is excellent, but our friend is French and lives on the splendid Reunion Island, it is paradise for surfing, but for HiFi I doubt that there is much Klipsch Heritage on its beautiful island to go and listen to, especially beautiful and new CWIV !

https://www.reunion.fr/pratique/l-ile-de-la-reunion

that does make things more difficult. I suppose that the op could elicit comments from CW4 owners here as well as elsewhere and see what the various comments suggest regarding the character and nature of the speaker. Owners opinions will vary, their comments should help to paint a reasonable picture of the loudspeaker. I have not seen any in my local but I can imagine and I would expect them to be an improvement to the CW3.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ostenax said:

I would love to see your room and front end gear. I would never own a speaker that had to be tweaked that much with "band aid" tone controls. Maybe it's time to move on?

As much as you might not like to hear this, you aren't going to get what a Cornwall is capable of with an AVR, whether using it as one box solution or just using as a preamp into something else.

Why don't you give us more details? Someone here might be able to help you before you dump an excellent speaker.

Shakey

Im trialing a McIntosh 252 with Heresy at the moment as was sent some Cornwalls that had a fault.

Waiting on new Cornwalls to come through.

Im in small/Medium sized room and hoping in the next year to move to a larger house.

Any way not sure ill ever go over 45% on Amp with The Heresy.

I like late night low level burns as much as loud day sessions. 

Will cornwalls just be too loud with this amp/Not sound overly great at low levels on this amp?

Sorry not overly educated in this world yet! Learning!

Set up will end up being  :

McIntosh 252

Vega G2.1

Roon

Rega planar 2

Then either with Cornwalls or Heresy? 

1 hour ago, HA55IS said:

Im trialing a McIntosh 252 with Heresy at the moment as was sent some Cornwalls that had a fault.

Waiting on new Cornwalls to come through.

Im in small/Medium sized room and hoping in the next year to move to a larger house.

Any way not sure ill ever go over 45% on Amp with The Heresy.

I like late night low level burns as much as loud day sessions. 

Will cornwalls just be too loud with this amp/Not sound overly great at low levels on this amp?

Sorry not overly educated in this world yet! Learning!

Set up will end up being  :

McIntosh 252

Vega G2.1

Roon

Rega planar 2

Then either with Cornwalls or Heresy? 

what's the size of your room?  i'm putting cornwalls in a 10'x15' room.  they'll be in the front corners and sound great there.  the great thing about the cornwalls is they actually take up LESS effective space than traditional speakers because of the need to place in corners or near walls -- and they provide such a huge soundstage!

i'd go with the cornwalls -- i think they'll provide more.

Edited by jcn3

8 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

it's right .. i am the only owner of CW IV on my island. The reseller has no Klipsch Heritage speakers in his shop.

I know someone who have the CW III

Edited by SpeedLimit
  • Like 1