Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

I agree except if a great number isn't following the science we all suffer the consequences. 

They don't have to follow the science.  Seat belts are mandatory and there are standards for those.  Masks are mandatory and there are no standards for them.  Are we following the science or not?

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

Why did you let them go off topic Zen when there is a thread for Covid ...🤔 Oh, I see...

Because I don't control the discussion but concede your point. 🤠I didn't realize this was the vaccine thread and apologize...I suggest mask discussions be moved to the other thread from now on.

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Because I don't control the discussion but concede your point. 🤠I didn't realize this was the vaccine thread and apologize...I suggest mask discussions be moved to the other thread from now on.

You just like a good discussion.

And I'm not a mod so, enjoy. Maybe the spirit will remain.

6 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

Absolutely pre-existing conditions are a factor, but people are dying because of covid.

I have no idea what science is behind CA not opening gyms, as I said when we look back we will find (gasp) states on both sides were wrong.

Where is this fact? So if the CDC are not 'experts' who do you trust the next time we have a pandemic???? I don't get it.

Even if it's 2%, that's a lot of lives and it slows transmission rates. So it's better. And it's not hard to do.

Uh...cdc is the one that said it. I’m glad that you would want to wear a mask but I want to have the freedom to choose what’s best for me. We were told by the experts that we will shut down for 2 weeks to slow the spread, how did that work out? 

Quick google search found this.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/04/dr-deborah-birx-this-is-not-the-time-to-go-to-the-grocery-store/

2 weeks to slow the curve was a catch phrase echoed by many early on in the pandemic.  Abbott got in on it also.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Gov-Greg-Abbott-s-statewide-stay-home-order-15175150.php

29 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It's hard to comment about this point without it in context. Do you have a link?

I’m not sure what link you’re talking about. This was a nation wide shut down that we all took part in to slow the spread, it didn’t happen. My point was we look to these experts as gods when sometimes they really don’t know. And that’s exactly what happened with shut downs and masks. 

• Like 1

I got my second shot of the Pfizer vax yesterday. My arm is sore at the injection site, and I'm feeling tired and lazy. But then again, I feel tired and lazy everyday, so not as bad as I had imagined.I'm 65, have a pacemaker, have high blood pressure, cancer survivor. I figured the vax was the best route for me.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Here we are off in the tall weeds again. Masks, shutdowns, articles from Houston Chronicle Politics section in a "Who has been vaccinated thread or worried about it" thread.

Oh, I almost forgot, freedom - it is simply impossible to talk about whether you have been vaccinated, going to get vaccinated, worried about being vaccinated, without talking about freedom.

I would say, based upon my considerable research and expertise in the field, this thread has a life expectancy that can be measured in hours, and the Covid thread/topic is on life support. It is beginning to look more and more like the only humane thing to do is pull the plug. 

I suppose a conservative approach would be a period of watchful waiting.

Kevin's post gave a glimmer of hope this may be taking a positive turn.

• Like 1

Wife and I second Moderna today. Arrived to the appointment early, walked in and without ever sitting down, directed back to each get our shot. Fifteen minutes ahead of schedule including the mandatory fifteen minute waiting period, you know, to see if the injected arm falls off or they see another ear growing. Kinda’ nice living in a sparsely populated county. 

• Like 2