Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Thank you for serving and . I also remember the Covid outbreaks on ships early in the pandemic and that can't be good.

by the thousands , with entire carrier  ships and battle groups out of action , not good at all is 100% right --ZEN -

• Like 1

I've not had the vaccine for the same reasons expressed here by several members. My wife and children were vaccinated. Wife will receive her second dose in two weeks. The girls are done.

I have discussed it with my families internist (Dr. T. Hernandez), he's relatively young, mid. 40'ish and a little famous, which isn't why I see him. Simply put, the man is good, and I'm a tough nut to convince. I found him through my the cardiologist (Dr. M. Canales), also well known. Both men have been recommending that I get the vaccine.

Dr. Hernandez explained to me that the vaccine had been in the works for a very long time, more than a decade, but that there were ($$) issues with discovering ways to get the body to absorb it. After the break-out (thank you China), he explained that funding became a non-issue and that scientist discovered a way using fatty tissue (??) or using the body's fatty tissue to adsorb the medication. He went on to explain in greater detail, which of course got more and more complicated for me to follow or understand. Admittedly, I am ignorant about Biology and how the body works. I have had several bad doctors' in my lifetime, and as a result, I've developed a stigma that is difficult to overcome. I trust the two mentioned above, it's been a long road to get there, but I do. I'm too stupid to be able to explain why, other than that neither of them take offence when their opinions or judgements are questioned, and both have always been able to explain, logically, my questions "Why". 

I am ignorant about many things medically related, what I do know is this, I lost a good friend, who was a relatively young and seemingly healthy man. His wife said he had great difficulty breathing and complained of being extremely sore; sore to the point that he couldn't lift a glass of water without being in pain. It took less than 2 weeks for Covid to take him. I'll be registering through CVS or Walgreens to get the vaccine.

For the other knuckle heads like me, consider the people who love you, not just yourself. I'm done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

. I'll be registering through CVS or Walgreens to get the vaccine.

if that 's what you want , go ahead , but I gotta think of my family as well --if I get covid , they get covid ,  I can't take the risk  -

30 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Dr. Hernandez explained to me that the vaccine had been in the works for a very long time,

Through a friend who’s sister works with pharmaceuticals she said the same, this vaccine has been in the pipeline for years. “Warp speed” brought it to fruition for this specific virus. It was not developed from the ground up within the past 15 months. This provided me some reassurance for to worry less about receiving the vaccine 💉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

unless the population is vaccinated , the death tolls will rise ever higher ,  the vaccine is the only hope we have

Maybe. Maybe not. It's arguable that mass vaccination will speed the arms war and speed the mutation of the virus and its evolutionary adaptation. The cards that continue to be played in that arms war would likely be additional vaccines and a constant game of catch-up, assuming answering the question of vaccine efficacy against those variants and other logistics such as production and deployment. So it's arguable that speeding up that arms race may have negative, unintended consequences, including those variants or mutations adversely affecting more people than the virus currently does, or with greater severity. There's a lot that isn't known at this point. Although reported data seems promising thus far, the next few months will be telling if there are additional reports of re-infections among vaccinated persons, as well as other things.

If we look at history, one of the worst pandemics in history was the spanish flu, lasting roughly a bit over two years (spring, 1918 - spring, 2020), resulting in an estimated 500M deaths. According to CDC data, the first inoculation didn't occur until 1930. We are now over a year into this current pandemic.

27 minutes ago, Sam S. said:
46 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

unless the population is vaccinated , the death tolls will rise ever higher ,  the vaccine is the only hope we have

Maybe. Maybe not

Of course it will. There are also other precautions we should be taking such as social distancing and mask wearing inside until more people get vaccinated. The disease spreads through non-vaccinated people or those who have the virus (symptomatic or not) and are in close proximity to others. One thing we do know it spreads EXTREMELY fast and easy. At some point everyone will have the ability to have the vaccine  and then government may want to decide where to go from there....If Covid Hospitalization isn't too high then folks will be able to decide for themselves if they are going to get it or not. Those that choose not to may have some of their extracurricular activities limited by places requiring proof of vaccination. Fwiw, that's how I see it playing out.

Doctors are not telling patients that long term ramifications of putting this previously untested medical treatment in their bodies are unknown.  If pressed, as some patients do, they will admit it.  This is not misinformation, but simple truth.  Informed consent is not being employed when it comes to these products.  Anyone who has had surgery knows the detailed possibilities, including death, that could occur.  If you will not sign, no surgery.  

As I said earlier, as long as we have personal choice in how we deal with the virus, all is well.  But, if segments of society are forced to accept an experimental medical therapy as a condition of being allowed to participate, that is a different matter.  The vaccine “passports” which are being rolled out will stigmatize those who do not comply.  Some Jewish friends have drawn a parallel to something which cannot be discussed here.

Maynard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Doctors are not telling patients that long term ramifications of putting this previously untested medical treatment in their bodies are unknown.

My guess is they are not and you'll find most of that sentiment on Social Media. Fwiw, I've had a year to contemplate Covid -19 and given all I've learned am willing to take the chance--It won't be NEAR the most dangerous thing I've done especially knowing what it's supposed to do.

The vaccine “passports” which are being rolled out will stigmatize those who do not comply.  Some Jewish friends have drawn a parallel to something which cannot be discussed here.

That seems overtly provocative and misguided given that over half of their folks have had two doses: More than half Israelis receive both COVID-19 vaccine doses | Reuters

More than half Israelis receive both COVID-19 vaccine doses

and

UPDATE 1-Israel plans to give Pfizer's COVID vaccine to adolescents upon FDA approval | Reuters

UPDATE 1-Israel plans to give Pfizer's COVID vaccine to adolescents upon FDA approval

and here is the kicker: Everything you need to know about Israel’s green passport program - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)

Everything you need to know about Israel’s green passport program

Gyms, theaters, hotels, concerts, and synagogues registered under the green passport program will be able to operate.

• Thanks 1

Ha.  The story begins in modern times when it was found that infecting people with cowpox prevented smallpox (which of course was deadly).  Brilliant medical work.  Smallpox it mostly eradicated now of course and millions,  and millions of lives have been saved. 

The term "vaccine" derives for the word for cow, naturally.

Journalists, then, of course lost no time in creating propaganda that patients would start looking like cows.  Had NPR been around it would have been stirring this pot.  These sorts of people should get a new angle.

The_cow_pock.jpg

• Like 2

I got round one of the Pfizer vaccine on Saturday, no side effects other than a slight headache, which may or may not have been related. Second dose is the middle of April. For me it was a no brainer. I would love to have our society get back to some semblance of normalcy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Audio Flynn said:

Evil culls the herd at their discretion through wars and disease throughout history.

800,000 children go missing every year. Virus is more important than missing children?

Careful with matches around all that straw.........man.

• Like 2