Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

kevinmi

On 4/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, Zen Traveler said:

If the goal is to reach Herd Immunity you achieve that by getting the virus or getting the vaccine. 

I hope to achieve in our business above without resorting to a Covid-19 Passport ...At some point when the vaccine is available to everyone then the lowest denominator who wants to fend for themselves will be where we are at with the Flu right now. Until then, I can see the logic for sporting events concerts and bars benefiting from a Covid-19 Passport to get back to normal. 

Doesn’t everyone receive a CDC issued card (passport) after each dose? Has the date(s) of vax, where, manufacturer and person administering the injection. So what’s the difference - and what is the issue? If you’ve been vaxed Big Government knows it — 

On 4/11/2021 at 1:27 PM, CECAA850 said:

Potentially, hypothetically, maybe, possibly whatever. 

What happened to social distancing and masking? 

They work according to the experts right?  How can I pass along something if I'm still doing that?

Remember the old days, a year ago when rubber gloves were the Big Thing?  Wear masks and gloves or you're killing grandma.  Now there is NEVER a time when gloves are mentioned.  Cleaning with cleansers, too.  Gone.

+++

Non sequitur:  For Forum research purposes I got my vaccine as soon as I was eligible and they could schedule me.  April 3, 2021, Johnson and Johnson.  One and done.  The needle stick didn't hurt and there was some soreness when they pushed the medicine.  Just an observation, nothing to complain about.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Remember the old days, a year ago when rubber gloves were the Big Thing?  Wear masks and gloves or you're killing grandma.  Now there is NEVER a time when gloves are mentioned.  Cleaning with cleansers, too.  Gone.

I don't think they were taking any chances especially given how long flu virus can stay on surfaces and they were just learning about Covid-19. Masks and Social Distancing is something that proves effective in stopping the spread of Covid.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

+++

Non sequitur:  For Forum research purposes I got my vaccine as soon as I was eligible and they could schedule me.  April 3, 2021, Johnson and Johnson.  One and done.  The needle stick didn't hurt and there was some soreness when they pushed the medicine.  Just an observation, nothing to complain about.

Maybe in your world.  Gloves and wipes and washing your hands are ubiquitous in mine.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Maybe in your world.  Gloves and wipes and washing your hands are ubiquitous in mine.

Interesting.

When Covid restrictions started a year ago I would see a few masks worn in Walmart along with a few gloves.  As time went a few months later on mask usage went up to 99% and now nobody wears gloves.  I don't know what the national government is requiring as I don't follow that and for the most part I don't watch the news anymore.

So, the gloves could be a regional thing, or it could be the requirements the WV governor puts on us.  In either case it's interesting to note that it is not the same everywhere.

31 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Interesting.

When Covid restrictions started a year ago I would see a few masks worn in Walmart along with a few gloves.  As time went a few months later on mask usage went up to 99% and now nobody wears gloves.  I don't know what the national government is requiring as I don't follow that and for the most part I don't watch the news anymore.

So, the gloves could be a regional thing, or it could be the requirements the WV governor puts on us.  In either case it's interesting to note that it is not the same everywhere.

Gloves have never been a thing around here.  Hand washing and surface cleaning were the norm.  Now, the CDC says that it's not necessary any more.  Surface transmission isn't really a method of transmission to worry about.

• Like 1

I've had the phizer and so have all our close friends. Out of everyone I was the only one to suffer side effects. I was extremely sleepy for two days. I'd do it again. Phizer announced the vaccine is good up to a year. The anti-vaxxers, anti-sciencers, and conspiracy spreaders is disgusting. I feel we need to bring back the fairness doctrine or fair and balanced news act. Truth needs to reign supreme once again.

• Like 3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, richieb said:

Doesn’t everyone receive a CDC issued card (passport) after each dose? Has the date(s) of vax, where, manufacturer and person administering the injection. So what’s the difference - and what is the issue? If you’ve been vaxed Big Government knows it — 

Big Govt. knows every vaccination you have ever received for your entire life, it's in your state vaccination registry. Before a certain year it would have been tracked by schools, and that info. transferred to state computer database when those started up. 

Everyone gets the card with covid vaccine, and also the option to give daily update on side effects on an app.

• Like 1

@BigStewMan

It wasn't really bad, but we both ran a 101 degree fever for a day, the day after the second shot, so we stayed in bed and slept. We got the Moderna here. I consider it a small price to pay. Flu shots often hit folks the same way.

• Like 2