Jump to content

Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?


kevinmi

Recommended Posts

I weighed my options and decided I'll take my chances with the virus. The odds are waaaaaaay in my favor. And all the vaccinated people need not worry about me. They are vaccinated.

 

Not saying I'll never get it, just don't see that it's necessary.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I weighed my options and decided I'll take my chances with the virus. The odds are waaaaaaay in my favor. And all the vaccinated people need not worry about me. They are vaccinated.

 

Not saying I'll never get it, just don't see that it's necessary.

 

 

Pretty much the same here.  I have zero risk factors.  If I did I'd certainly reconsider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Pretty much the same here.  I have zero risk factors.  If I did I'd certainly reconsider.

 

Although I wasn't diagnosed, I feel pretty sure I had it in January of last year. It was either that or the worst bout of the flu I've ever experienced. Seemed different though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 10:39 AM, Deang said:

My doctor told me that in her circle of professionals, they suspect people who had COVID but were asymptomatic have more/stronger reactions to the vaccines. 

I have heard something similar to this as well.

 

Been about 2-3 weeks since my second shot, no issues what so ever, same with my daughter.  My son goes in for his second on the 12th.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of people with zero risk factors are now dead or living with heart and /or lung issues they didn’t have before. You can also carry it without symptoms and pass it on to someone else who is high risk. Okay, the risk may be low to you, but it is never zero. Just seems insane to me to assume risk when you can just take a vaccine and quit thinking about it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are right. The risk will never be zero that you can contract covid. The risk that a monkey will stab me with a letter opener in my backyard while wearing a pink tutu is not zero either.

 

We take risks every day. The problem is our society has been conditioned to think "even if it saves one life". People don't want to think critically and figure out what's best for them. They would rather have an authority figure tell them what to do. If that's you (not you specifically, but figuratively speaking), then that's ok. That's your decision. I just don't think I should be penalized and reduced to a second class citizen because I didn't "do my part". And that's exactly where we are headed if "vaccine passports" become the norm. It's a slippery slope, just beware.

 

Shakey

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You guys do your research but, an idea to get vaxxed is yes, you may have had it before, like I think I may have or not, yet, seeing as how there is more than one variant, the same or others may come calling.

Hope this makes sense...

Your choice as always...

No pressure from me...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

You are right. The risk will never be zero that you can contract covid. The risk that a monkey will stab me with a letter opener in my backyard while wearing a pink tutu is not zero either.

 

We take risks every day. The problem is our society has been conditioned to think "even if it saves one life". People don't want to think critically and figure out what's best for them. They would rather have an authority figure tell them what to do. If that's you (not you specifically, but figuratively speaking), then that's ok. That's your decision. I just don't think I should be penalized and reduced to a second class citizen because I didn't "do my part". And that's exactly where we are headed if "vaccine passports" become the norm. It's a slippery slope, just beware.

 

Shakey

 

 


There is zero risk of you being stabbed to death by a monkey in a tutu - but you could be standing next to someone with their throat loaded up with this stuff and find yourself on a ventilator in a week or two. You have no way of knowing what your actual risk is. 
 

Driving is supposedly pretty risky. There were 36K deaths in 2019 related to that. How does that stack up against covid?
 

You have to have all of your shots before you enter the public school system, and you also have to have many for overseas travel. The DOD requires ALL of them before going over. “Vaccine Passports” are not new, but we used to just call them “shot records”, and it was never unusual to have to present them - but now it has become a problem for some reason. 

 

I don’t find arguments people use very compelling. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deang said:

You have to have all of your shots before you enter the public school system

All my kids did.  I don't recall a flu shot ever being mandatory before though.  They're all out of school now so that's something we wont have to consider.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Deang said:


There is zero risk of you being stabbed to death by a monkey in a tutu - but you could be standing next to someone with their throat loaded up with this stuff and find yourself on a ventilator in a week or two. You have no way of knowing what your actual risk is. 
 

Driving is supposedly pretty risky. There were 36K deaths in 2019 related to that. How does that stack up against covid?
 

You have to have all of your shots before you enter the public school system, and you also have to have many for overseas travel. The DOD requires ALL of them before going over. “Vaccine Passports” are not new, but we used to just call them “shot records”, and it was never unusual to have to present them - but now it has become a problem for some reason. 

 

I don’t find arguments people use very compelling. 

The Economist analyzed existing data and used it in generating a COVID risk calculator. Of course, this doesn't assess your risk of catching COVID, but assuming you were infected, it allows you to enter your age, and any other conditions and determine what the projected outcome might be (it also doesn't consider potential long term tissue damage from COVID). For instance, a 25 year old female with no preexisting conditions has a risk of hospitalization of 1%, and risk of death of .1%. By comparison, a 70 year old male with hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and who is obese has a risk of hospitalization of 38.3% and risk of death is 6.7%. Here's the tool:

 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/covid-pandemic-mortality-risk-estimator

 

To the other point about vaccine records and school requirements, those vaccines (MMR etc) are, technologically speaking, widely different than the existing Covid vaccines. The other vaccines, which have been in use for many years and thus have years of use data, use a live, weakened virus. The technology in the AZ/J&J vaccines use a similar delivery method (weakened adenovirus) to deliver double stranded DNA, of which the goal is then the spike protein. So the new technology (DNA - spike protein) and the older more widely used delivery method. The Pfizer/Moderna vaccines use 2 new technologies - the delivery method (lipid nanoparticles) to deliver the mRNA (which also targets the spike protein). The point is comparing MMR vaccines to COVID vaccines is like comparing apples to oranges so to speak, aside from any debate about short and long term effects of either.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s kind of like saying a .22 and a .45 are basically the same thing because they come out of the barrel of a gun. 
 

Compare the number of deaths to our worst flu season ever. It may spread like the flu, but it ain’t the flu. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right, the new vaccine skips a step, and basically just sends a post-it-note with instructions on how to build the needed protein. It actually more closely mimics what your body normally does. The more some you talk about how “different” it is, the more it shows how little you were paying attention in high school biology class. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

 

Not saying I'll never get it, just don't see that it's necessary.

 Keep an open mind -

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

I weighed my options and decided I'll take my chances with the virus. The odds are waaaaaaay in my favor. And all the vaccinated people need not worry about me. They are vaccinated.

 

Not saying I'll never get it, just don't see that it's necessary.

 

 


Yes, but when proof of vaccination is required for forum participation you will be very sorry.....😄

 

Maynard

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...