The Klipsch Audio Community
kevinmi

Covid Vax, who's got it? and Worried About Side Effects?

2 minutes ago, Islander said:

When I wake up in the morning, I sometimes point to the North.  Is that what you mean?

T M I -  but that’s pretty good - 🧲🪵

• Thanks 1

For young people, getting vaccinated for Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) is very important, before they become sexually active.  While the effects on boys and men are bad enough, girls and women can get cervical cancer, which is about as serious as it gets.

7 minutes ago, Islander said:

When I wake up in the morning, I sometimes point to the North.  Is that what you mean?

I continue to point West and get the oceanic feeling Freud mentioned in Civilization and its Discontents.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As for COVID vaccine, I had my first Pfizer shot in April, and I'm booked for my second one next month.  I was surprised that I didn't even feel the needle go in, and barely felt the actual injection.  I had a very little bit of a sore arm for a couple of days, and that was it.

I lost a friend to COVID last month.  A great guy.  He had just had a big beautiful log cabin built, to replace the one that was struck by lightning and burned to the ground last year.  He was racing motorbikes again, in Vintage Class, after many years away from the track, but with the safest of modern racing suits.  Everything was looking good for a great summer for him, then he was gone.

• Sad 2

This one is strictly for the topic only. Have you been vaccinated and/or are/were you worried about side effects. 

That's it.

-ok --tx- @dwilawyer

anyone  have  concerns  or reservations  about  getting a 2nd   shot ? given ------side effects from the 1st shot of Pfizer/Moderna

• Like 1

No concerns at all, considering possibility of contracting Covid-19.

We received our 2nd shot of Moderna on Feb. 1. Minimal side effects, after a couple of days. No one in our circle of friends, etc., has had any problem. 

More reaction after 2nd shot, ran a fever for a day, with what comes with that... soreness and tired.

• Like 1

The coworker I mentioned a couple weeks ago sat next to me and ate lunch the day after he returned from his flight but before he exhibited symptoms. And I have yet to exhibit symptoms. I'd say the J&J serum is effective.  :D

• Like 3

Double shot Pfizer no problems. In our immediate family of 7 people we have collectively had 12 Pfizer with no problems. Two to go.

• Like 2

Son in law got his second shot of Moderna last week, he got very sick that night and now a few days later is starting to feel better. He had fever, sorness and felt terrible.  

all  the family has had the 2 doses  ,  0 side effects -for 30 of us , 👍Pfizer

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 1:30 PM, geezin' said:

The coworker I mentioned a couple weeks ago sat next to me and ate lunch the day after he returned from his flight but before he exhibited symptoms. And I have yet to exhibit symptoms. I'd say the J&J serum is effective.  :D

Why did he cough or spit on you ?

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Why did he cough or spit on you ?

Just in case reality escapes you.

airborne adjective carried by air,as pollen or dust

• Thanks 1

[Deleted, off topic]

46 minutes ago, Fish said:

[Deleted, off topic]

@Fish we deleted this. Do not post in this thread again. If you have any questions you can PM me.

• Thanks 1

Dam what did I miss?

19 minutes ago, geezin' said:

Dam what did I miss?

My guess someone not realizing how covid has affected forum members, which of course is a microcosm of Americans at large...On that note, Happy 4th of July and (to stay on topic) congratulations to all Americans who got the vaccine and hope the side effect is you are enjoying the day with your best family and friends! 

2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Deleated??? 

My autocorrect likes to do it's  own thing apparently.