Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

1 minute ago, Travis In Austin said:

Let's say 3.5 people:

Even so, if I had three of my friends help me and something happened, I may end up having less friends.  This is not moving a cheap sofa into a college dorm room. Any oops will be a very expensive oops.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Even so, if I had three of my friends help me and something happened, I may end up having less friends.  This is not moving a cheap sofa into a college dorm room. Any oops will be a very expensive oops.

I was taking pictures of Palladiums (39s) and went to adjust the grill ever so slightly. It popped off the magnets and gouged one of the woofers as it fell to the floor. Klipsch quoted $420ish for a replacement..

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I was taking pictures of Palladiums (39s) and went to adjust the grill ever so slightly. It popped off the magnets and gouged one of the woofers as it fell to the floor. Klipsch quoted $420ish for a replacement.

I did the move it yourself thing with my used P-39F.  I had several people and used a stair-climbing hand truck to get them into my basement.  They made it but not without the aluminum tail piece putting a nice dent in a metal drywall corner in my kitchen.  Luckily it was that part and not the veneer that made contact.  That was the last time I wanted to something like that.  The new Jubilee bass bin weighs about twice what a P-39F weighs.

• Like 2

A friend of mine used to deliver furniture and large appliances for a store chain called Eaton's.  Sometimes he'd have a big fridge to deliver, and he'd know by the address that it would be impossible.  Certain older parts of Toronto have older smaller houses with smaller doors, and he knew that.

He'd arrive and immediately point out that this box would not go through that door.  "Wait, we'll take the screen door off.  No, take it out of the box.  Then it'll fit.  Okay, we'll take the whole door off."  Several scratches later, the fridge might make it through the door.  Hopefully, there would be no corners to negotiate.  

That's why these big awkward jobs are best left to the pros.  Otherwise, "I may wind up having less friends."  A wise observation.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travis In Austin said:

You guys are going to feel really, really stupid about how to move Jubilees into a house.

https://www.facebook.com/KlipschAudio/videos/426901549323923/

At the 41:40 mark

A girl and two guys. 

Jill Escol, VP of Worldwide communications

That looked pretty smooth, but what's a "standard door"?  32"?  36"?  Here in Canada, every province has its own Building Code, so in British Columbia (BC) where I live now, all doors in a dwelling must be at least 30" wide.  Good.  However, in Ontario, 28" interior doors are common, and some first floor powder rooms have only 24" doors, probably to avoid blocking too much of the hallway when they swing open.  For some people, like many wheelchair users, those narrow doors are a no-go situation, so you can (actually you can't, not totally) imagine the inconvenience and embarrassment that can and does cause.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom05 said:

It’s hard to find an old set of khorns for sale that aren’t all  scratched and busted up . It happens when they get moved. Nothing wrong with being very careful with the 36 thousand dollar speakers 🤓

I knew it would be bad, but now I really know.  I just converted $35,000USD to Canuck Bucks, and it comes to near $45,500.  Yikes!  For the last several years, from a high point when $1 Canadian equalled $1.10USD, the average rate has been $1.00USD = $1.30CAD, so it can be rough when we import anything from the US.  Even with that killer rate, sometimes things are so relatively low priced in the US that it's worth it to pay that exchange rate.  Not in the case of Heritage Jubilees, though.  At least my place is way too small to fit a pair, so I can cheer myself up by saying, "It's not the money that's stopping me."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Islander said:

I knew it would be bad, but now I really know.  I just converted $35,000USD to Canuck Bucks, and it comes to near $45,500.  Yikes!  For the last several years, from a high point when $1 Canadian equalled $1.10USD, the average rate has been $1.00USD = $1.30CAD, so it can be rough when we import anything from the US.  Even with that killer rate, sometimes things are so relatively low priced in the US that it's worth it to pay that exchange rate.  Not in the case of Heritage Jubilees, though.  At least my place is way too small to fit a pair, so I can cheer myself up by saying, "It's not the money that's stopping me."

Upsale Audio 23,691$ Can x2  , plus GST and BC sales tax ,  now get this   USA price is  17.998$  X 2 , no tax

5 minutes ago, RandyH said:

Upsale Audio 23,691$ Can x2  , plus GST and BC sales tax ,  now get this   USA price is  17.998$  X 2 , no tax

Say what?  Wait a minute!  That's per speaker.  And the taxes would put it over $50k Canadian for a pair.  I'll have to add a few more bucks to my Audio Buying Account to cover all that.  And they wouldn't fit in my living room anyway.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, MMurg said:

My living room is only 13 ft x 17 ft.  🙂 

Yes, I'm sure you can make your new speakers fit, if your room is not as cluttered as mine.  Will they be on the long wall or the short wall?  My room is 18'x19', but between the speakers there's a TV on top of a Belle Klipsch, a stereo cabinet with the turntable on top of it on the right of the TV, as well as an electronics stack on the left of it, and a pair of small subwoofers (yes, I wouldn't need those).  Then, beyond the right speaker, there's the 3-or-4-foot long vintage rosewood LP cabinet and the stand for the studio flash unit up near the ceiling, since I do some photography in the space in front of the stereo.  The left speaker can't go any closer to the side wall because there's a baseboard heater under the picture window there.  I have a skinny but leafy potted birch tree in that space, serving as a bass modifier/diffusor/something or other.  It's an inert trunk with artificial leaves, so the heater is no problem.  The tree is also decorative, though it's mostly hidden by the left 402.

As it is, the right 402 horn would have interfered with the tall stereo cabinet, so I added two inches to the bases of the 402/691 tweeters, and now the left edge of the right 402 sits 1/2" above the stereo cabinet.  There's barely room for the 402s, and not enough room for KHJ-LF bottom cabinets, so I have La Scala IIs for bass, plus the subs.

I keep meaning to take a picture of the system, and I'll get it done someday soon.  That would make it clear how little wasted/available space there is.

As for you, I respect your efficient use of space, and I was joking that the size is the only reason I haven't ordered a pair of Heritage Jubilees.  The price is a definite factor.  $50k Canadian including taxes takes it a fair bit beyond my budget limits, even if I keep on saving for several months, as I often advise newbies to do.

16 minutes ago, Islander said:

Yes, I'm sure you can make your new speakers fit, if your room is not as cluttered as mine.  Will they be on the long wall or the short wall?  My room is 18'x19', but between the speakers there's a TV on top of a Belle Klipsch, a stereo cabinet with the turntable on top of it on the right of the TV, as well as an electronics stack on the left of it, and a pair of small subwoofers (yes, I wouldn't need those).  Then, beyond the right speaker, there's the 3-or-4-foot long vintage rosewood LP cabinet and the stand for the studio flash unit up near the ceiling, since I do some photography in the space in front of the stereo.  The left speaker can't go any closer to the side wall because there's a baseboard heater under the picture window there.  I have a skinny but leafy potted birch tree in that space, serving as a bass modifier/diffusor/something or other.  It's an inert trunk with artificial leaves, so the heater is no problem.  The tree is also decorative, though it's mostly hidden by the left 402.

As it is, the right 402 horn would have interfered with the tall stereo cabinet, so I added two inches to the bases of the 402/691 tweeters, and now the left edge of the right 402 sits 1/2" above the stereo cabinet.  There's barely room for the 402s, and not enough room for KHJ-LF bottom cabinets, so I have La Scala IIs for bass, plus the subs.

I keep meaning to take a picture of the system, and I'll get it done someday soon.  That would make it clear how little wasted/available space there is.

As for you, I respect your efficient use of space, and I was joking that the size is the only reason I haven't ordered a pair of Heritage Jubilees.  The price is a definite factor.  $50k Canadian including taxes takes it a fair bit beyond my budget limits, even if I keep on saving for several months, as I often advise newbies to do.

Sorry, didn't mean to make you go into a big explanation.  I was joking around.  I did have to move a bunch of stuff out of the room to fit them in there, including several bookcases.  It's basically less of a living room and more of a Jubilee room now.  And my dining room is now the library.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Sorry, didn't mean to make you go into a big explanation.  I was joking around.  I did have to move a bunch of stuff out of the room to fit them in there, including several bookcases.  It's basically less of a living room and more of a Jubilee room now.  And my dining room is now the library.  🙂 

No worries, I was always prone to long explanations.  As it happens, it seems to be getting worse as I get older.  I'm becoming more and more chatty.  Do you or anyone else notice this in yourselves?  

Bookcases in the dining room?  Food for mind and body in one room!

Well, it can be nice to have a single-purpose room.  Of course, as well as listening, I'm sure dancing will be a popular option sometimes.  I won't mention the K word (and it's not Klipsch).

I've also got a big bookcase on the rear wall near the left and a baseboard heater on the left wall, under the sliding door to the balcony, and a wood burning stove in the right rear corner, in its tiled-in area.  As a result, the La Scala surround speakers behind the sofa are only about 4 feet from my head.  This is just fine, since late at night I switch to All Channel Stereo and turn down the volume.  As a result, the main speakers become pretty quiet, and the sound at my head is dominated by the Surround Scalas.  The effect is like having the most comfortable headphones imaginable, which is pretty cool, but the volume has to be low.  It's relaxing.