Klipsch Jubilee

henry4841

18 hours ago, Islander said:

Wilson speakers, the higher (and very expensive) models in their range, come with not only delivery, but also the services of an acoustic expert, who does that positional fine-tuning in the customer’s listening room.

I've head the latest Wilsons, set up by Dave's Son. They time align the direct radiator drivers to within 5 microseconds as part of their setup for the sweet spot. Big difference between flagship speakers that costs over a Half MILLION dollars vs. a "relatively cheap" $35,000 pair. Something about 20 times the amount of MONEY that makes the comparison rather invalid, don't you think? This would be like comparing a Corvette (my friend paid $135,000) to a Bugatti Veyron at $1.5 Million. No comparison money wise.

14 hours ago, RandyH said:

Yep , quite a few did , but the klipsch  Axi 2050 phase plug only ships with the Heritage Jube

Wrong again. The AXI phase plugs are built into in the Celestion driver. Roy's SLA version is an external "beam spreader" that widens the dispersion above 8 Khz. Call it a Klipsch phase plug, not an AXI phase plug. 90% your comments are inaccurate or incomplete along with a waste of bandwidth.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Well, I do have P-39F and the rest of the Palladium line in other systems.  However, there is something special about fully horn-loaded.

You bet. I have been both fully horn loaded (Khorns, LaScalas, Underground Jube Clones, MWMs, Quarter Pies) for 45 years and counting. You will be very happy with the results!

I spent a lot of time listening to the Palladiums at Klipsch HQ in Indianapolis, when I lived there 8 years ago. They were a VERY refined "cornwall" to me and gave me the idea of adding a rear port to my Heresys, which became "Super Heresys."

• Like 1

So the 5 back and side panels are black and not veneered? Correct? So it would not make one bit of difference to me if there were some handles incorporated. IMHO.

Perhaps sonically there would be a problem? I'm sure chief thought about all this.

22 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Wrong again. The AXI phase plugs are built into in the Celestion driver. Roy's SLA version is an external "beam spreader" that widens the dispersion above 8 Khz. Call it a Klipsch phase plug, not an AXI phase plug. 90% your comments are inaccurate and a waste of bandwidth.

OH , OK ,  so if I call it a klipsch Axi 2050 phase plug ......or a klipsch phase plug makes a difference  .....really ? 

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

OH , OK ,  so if I call it a klipsch Axi 2050 phase plug ......or a klipsch phase plug makes a difference  .....really ? 

ACCURACY of words makes a difference. Maybe not to you, but especially to people who come here from other forums to read about Klipsch stuff.

18 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

ACCURACY of words makes a difference. Maybe not to you, but especially to people who come here from other forums to read about Klipsch stuff.

klipsch Axi 2050 phase plug is extremely accurate ......lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Claude, what was it you said a few days ago about arguing with a fool? It still holds true, obviously…

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Claude, what was it you said a few days ago about arguing with a fool? It still holds true, obviously…

I guess it does hold true. However, the real Klipscheads like you DO know the difference, which is important.

5 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

It depends on what you mean by a "very short time." I saw the original Mahogany version at the CES show in 1999, and they became unavailable just this year. So 23 years of their existence is not enough time to build or buy a pair??? Rigma had no trouble with either.

Semantics are FUN... you should probably get a different hobby though because it's only fun for one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Bullshit. It needed more back chamber air volume to work. I'm not putting words into Roy's mouth. You could have fine tuned to your hearts content. I tried that, with 3 different passive radiators and it only "wiggled the curve" about 1/2 db at most and not necessarily in a positive way. The original Jubilee was a very good short horn that only expanded in one plane (like a LaScala). It behaved like a LaScala out of corners and more like a lower distortion Khorn in Corners by way of extending the effective horn length. Roy had talked about adding a "V" in front to bring the 2 mouths closer together and adding length. Not sure if he ever did though. Physics is Physics regardless.

Well Claude I am sorry your tinkering did not work out. Apparently, Roy's efforts did. 

With your profanity I assume you feel it is important to have the last word. Let me make it easy for you. I declare that you are brilliant and I am completely wrong. Wait maybe that is not enough. Okay, I am also a blithering idiot.

I hope you feel better now and I can go back and  sit in the corner and drool into my shoes

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I've head the latest Wilsons, set up by Dave's Son. They time align the direct radiator drivers to within 5 microseconds as part of their setup for the sweet spot. Big difference between flagship speakers that costs over a Half MILLION dollars vs. a "relatively cheap" $35,000 pair. Something about 20 times the amount of MONEY that makes the comparison rather invalid, don't you think? This would be like comparing a Corvette (my friend paid $135,000) to a Bugatti Veyron at $1.5 Million. No comparison money wise.

Actually, I was thinking about the $175,000 models.  Of course, spending more than $500k should get you amazing service.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 9:02 PM, PrestonTom said:

In fact Roy had developed some passive networks for the Jubilee. I don't know that many folks used them.

I built three sets. I really wanted to build a set with the EQ boost for the low end, but it never happened. I thought the passive sounded good. I don't think we ever got a design for the B&C DE75.

8 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Don't argue with me unless you have curves, otherwise, it's just another "emotional test" OPINION and not valid.

You are funny.  😂  Buy the real ones and try again my friend.  I have my own curves till I was blue in the face and Roy's from the chamber as we all do.  Basically most of what you stated above is incorrect in my music room.

• Like 1