is cracking your nuckles bad?

prodj101

Gettin' your thumb and index finger caught in a 40 ton log splitter is bad.

This is the splitter for a saw with a six foot blade, will cut 40 foot length logs on it's greenchain at about 24" dia.

The saw drops, cuts a section, then a table pops it in the splitter.

It has a cab for the operator and controls.

The thing can blast out firewood, hence the fingers.

But those 90 foot Poplars you cut up for your dad had to have some pretty good sized bases, we were looking at some at where I work.

They were about 70 foot, with about 6 or 8 foot bases.

They are big, not a redwood, but big.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Clu... but my Siamese had a talent for picking some guest-gut-wrenching times to add a picturesque display at summer barbeques... with a hacking tableau that would make Less turn up the Klipsch. lol

Hmmm, had I read this post I might have avoided the display by cracking some knuckles of the BBQ porker and kept the cat's attention from fur ball alley. =HornEd

yeah, those poplar are huge. they shake the ground when they hit. our chainsaw isn't big enough, so whaat we have to do is, make a cut, and than use a wedge and a sledge hammer to get them tipping. which is what you have to do anyway, but we have to do it just a little more than normal. those trees are damn big. you have to clearn them otherwise they'll tip really easily on to houses and stuff.

I cracked my ring finger knuckle up against my Cornwalls when the screwdriver slipped as I was installing my speaker cables a month or so back...hurt like a son-of-a-*****, and it even bled a little, too! Thank God I didn't smear any blood on the raw birch backs along the terminal strip...that would have sucked big time.

The cat coughing up hairballs just reminded me it's time to give my 4 cats their Cat Lax treatment...looks like Cod Liver Oil in a toothpaste tube, but my kitties love the stuff!

I don't own a chainsaw at the moment, but I used one once to clear out scrubs from a fence...it cut GOOD! Damn 2-stroke engine needed to be primed all the time, though...what a drag.

Why is it when you fart in the pool the bubbles travel up your back? While I'm driving my car, my farts travel up across my stomach and right up my nostrils...PU! 14.gif

----------------

On 1/5/2003 10:52:27 AM fini wrote:

Does anyone else miss the lower-case "k", or is it just me?

fini

----------------

fini...chuckears started that thread days ago, but the topic is still open and on page 2 of this General Forum.

And yes, I miss it, too!

A boy (Prodigy) walks into the small engine shop and tells the salesman he wants to buy the best chainsaw they have.

The salesman proceeds to show him all the models and the young boy eyes the brand new Stihl with the 36" bar with oil injection, turbo-charged, nitro-methane burning dual exhaust. The salesman proceeds to tell him that this saw is capable of cutting 80 cords of wood per day.

"I'll take it!"

The boy goes home and the next day proceeds to cut only three cords of wood with his new saw. Exhausted, he calls the salesman and tells him he's not that impressed, that he only cut three cords of wood all day and that his hands are blistered, arms are sore and has never sweat so much. The salesman says "that's a little low for your first day but probably just because you needed a day to get used to the saw".

The salesman tells him to give it a try again tomorrow and if by the end of the day he hasn't cut at least 50 cords of wood then bring the chainsaw back.

Well, the next day and 8 hours later Prodigy brings the saw back to the store, hair a mess, hands blistered and bloodied and says this saw can't cut wood for SH#!!!! I worked all day and only cut 5 cords of wood.

The salesman looks at the saw covered in saw dust, grabs it and then gives the cord a rip and the saw fires up in a cloud of 2-stroke smoke and fury. Just then Prodigy flinches, turns ducks and yells at the salesman...."WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE!!!!!.

;-)

Cracking knuckles is completely harmless. However, you may need medication, as stressing about it enough to post the question indicates uncontrollable anxiety.

Clu, if your cat does not cough up the fur -- it will die.

Did you know if you take a fingerful of Vasoline, and dab it on each paw of your cat -- he/she will go nuts and lick it all off, after which he/she will no longer have a problem with furballs stuck in the throat? You have to do it everyday. The Vasoline helps work the hair through the system -- and it works. However, if he/she has a furball now -- let him/her cough it up before you start the Vasoline trick.

I thought the joke was kinda funny.

Personally I've never used a chainsaw but I have had some time with a splitting maul.

I went from using a $5 maul from ACE hardware to using a hollow fibre-glass handled model that Gerber/Fiskars makes.

Suddenly splitting a 2 foot thick piece of white oak about 2 and a half feet across was easy.

I also have a hanforged Gransfors-Bruks(sp?) axe which I have used on some smaller trees on our property.

We had a dogwood tree with a rotted out trunk section so I felled it and was chopping the limbs off with the axe and I found I could cut through a healthy 3" branch in a single swipe with that thing. You just have to keep those things away from your toes.

Peace, Josh

ProDJ- Actually the joke is usually told by starting "a polish guy walks in to the hardware store...."

Really, you couldn't cut any if you didn't start it???

Maybe, THAT was the point of the joke......that some slow individuals or polish people might try and use the chain saw like a regular saw and cut wood manually with it. Man you are WAY TOO TENSE. Lighten up.

I have nothing against the polish, insert your favorite ethnic group or friends name for good fun.

Well If they are that slow, I wouldn't put them near a operating chain saw!2.gif

I had a small chain saw class last Fall with this (Ron Hartell?) dude who represents Husky chain saws.

The only guy that I've seen that can intentionally kick back a chain saw and hit the chain brake before he gets it in the face.

He can do it up or down.

"Really, you couldn't cut any if you didn't start it???

Maybe, THAT was the point of the joke"

in your joke you said that they walked into the hardware and said they only managed to cut 5 cords of wood. last time I checked, 5 chordes of wood was more than 0 cords. if you're going to make a joke, and than say someone is slow because they din't understand it, you should at least make it so the joke makes a little sense. I don't have to lighten up when he's here calling me slow. I never have problems with other people, it's just idiots like yourself that bother me. by the way mike, thats crazy that anyone would want kickback. think of the damage you'd take from a rotating blade with 20 pounds behind it flying into your face.