If you lost your hearing...

Deang

I sure hope that Rush (yes, I like him) has better taste than what he advertises(ed) on his show. The Bose Radio??

If it did happen to me I guess I would either ammuse myself with the "souping" up of a new car or my old love building and competing with Match grade firearms, got my eye on this Pardini .22lr....

For the FYI file... I have been a DJ in a past life... (College years) I used to do 2x a year a dance at the Deaf School here in Indianapolis, IN. The first time I did it, I was not really sure what to expect.

These kids afterall are deaf how will this work?

Well like most kids... well all kids, LOL.. they too love everything that hearing "normal" kids do too. MTV/ VH1 Videos what would be today play station 2, xbox... What I didn't realise was the ability with the lower subs.. up loud...OK really loud..they can feel the music in most cases...through the THUMP of the bass.

What a true joy to see them to be able to "feel" the vibrations and dance around, have fun, and just enjoy life. I later brought extra bass bins to get more thump.. 4 of them so they could enjoy it more. I used ear plugs for myself....To protect my own ears, and could play it louder than I normally would. I really later in life miss those kids... They were so excited to feel the music and my own joy that I brought them too. Just amazing to see how people adapt too to struggles in their lives.

----------------

On 1/11/2003 8:04:12 PM AndyKub wrote:

Who was the great composer who was deaf? ----------------

His name was Ludwig van Beethoven. He would "listen" to music by placing his upper jaw (teeth) on the piano to feel the vibrations.