Cornwall4s in 10x10 room

I’m curious what experiences people are having with putting Cornwalls in a small room.I listen to mostly jazz but my listening covers all genres. The majority of my listening is done at moderate levels. I’m waffling between heresy4s and cornies. Am I sacrificing sound quality by jamming cornwalls into too small of a space?

I had to calculate it back for a moment. But you want to place the CW4 in a room of 3m x 3m??
I own the CW4, I know how much sound pressure and bass they can produce, and I truly cannot imagine the speakers being able to perform adequately in this space.
In that case, the Heresy seems like the smarter choice, and even these speakers would already be quite powerful for this room.
Skip the Heresy 4, as it has a bass port and requires more space. Consider the Heresy 3 instead.

After you put the Cornwalls in the room, is there any space left over for a chair? 😃

Yeah; I think the Cornwalls would be too imposing. Even the Heresy IV's would swallow up too much space since the manual says to leave 12" of space to the wall to accommodate the rear port.

I agree with Flevoman; go for Heresy IIIs and add a subwoofer if you must.

4 hours ago, Eric Vanderlinden said:

Thanks flevoman, or should I say bedankt. Heresy 4 seems the more logical choice.was hoping someone had a positive experience with the cw’s.

Also Dutch?

No , really...forget about the Heresy 4 , your room is just to small , sorry..
I think with the Heresy 3 it already can be a struggle to make it sound pleasant 

I have a room that size, I wouldn't even use a 3 way like the Heresy (perhaps a coaxial m/t 3 way) because of the short distance between speakers and listening position.

As pointed out above, everyone has their own opinion and many will advise to cram whatever speakers they like (or dream about) in there.

You won't have much fun with both speakers in this room. Flevoman is right that the Heresey4 has a port to the rear. In a room of this size you will have much more fun and listen to much more music with e.g. an RP-600M II, if it's Klipsch, and yes, you get a modern kind of Klipsch sound. Only note, even if small, they also are back ported. I personally have a Stirling Broadcast LS3/5a for small and very small rooms next to my big Klipsch speakers. It sounds stunning and you wouldn't believe how much punch they make in a small room, plus, no problem ever with bass reflex back opening when placing close to a wall (where you have not much other choice) and no problem with bass with ugly booming. BTW, a big CW4 or even a Heresey (any of them) will not produce! deep bass in such a small room, the sound will be unbalanced. Also a bigger mid horn like CW4 and also Heresey needs a bigger room. In short the sound will never get a „one piece, one source“ sound.

Here is a review of the Klipsch RP-600M II. In your case, less really is more!

• Thanks 2

I have the RP160s in a bedroom that is maybe 11x11 or so. I would vote for them (600s basically the same thing). They sound great! They produce nice punchy bass with just a touch of eq. I also own Cornwall IVs, but they are in my living/dining room open floor plan area. It’s about 20x24 ft with mildly vaulted ceilings up to about 10ft. I sit 12ft away and honestly feel like my space is on the smallish side for them…lol. 

• Like 1

Thank for all the responses. I currently have a pair of elac uni fi reference Ubr 62s in there now and they sound great. I have a pair of Klipsch rp 8000f mkll in my living room. I will see if they overwhelm my 10x10. I imagine they are dynamically similar to the heresy 4. Some Klipsch guru’s on you tube recommended 7 ft speaker spacing 7 ft listening distance for the heresy’s(which I have). I’ll be running a prima Luna amp and don’t really listen to high volumes. ( much🙉).

3 hours ago, Eric Vanderlinden said:

the  Klipsch rp 8000f mkll in my living room.  

I would recommend the RF-7  or the Forte IV  ,   but more so the RF-7 in any series , they are taller + they are 2 way speakers 

35 minutes ago, Eric Vanderlinden said:

Just to follow up I put my rp 8000fmklls in my 10x10 and they in no way “overwhelm” the room! In fact less so than my elac uni fi reference’s. Yes 001 was looking at the rf7s. 

here you go , transfer the RP 8000 in the 10x10 room  , and Cornwall IV  in the living room  , problem solved 

• Like 1

I’ve found Heresy’s to  sound excellent in small to  large rooms, they will blend fine in a small room with their tight driver spacing , Cornwall is obviously a few times overkill ,but would likely also sound good . Big speakers in small rooms can  work , but small speakers in big rooms , no dice 🤓

• Like 3

I have Heresy 1’s in my bedroom office which is about 11.5’ X 13’.

They are on 24” stands about 4 feet apart(I have a rack with a TV in between) on the short wall.

They sound great but I do think the exponential mid horns sound better the further back I sit in my space as they seem to blend better with the other frequencies

Also I have my Heresy 1’s about 6 inches from the back wall as there is a built in bookcase and a door behind them.

I honestly think that some rear ported Heresy would work fine in a small room provided you had the space to have them out slightly from the corners and you were able to sit at the other side of the room and not in the middle.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 11:05 AM, Eric Vanderlinden said:

Some Klipsch guru’s on you tube recommended 7 ft speaker spacing 7 ft listening distance for the heresy’s(which I have).

H-IVs are over 1 foot deep + out from the wall 1 foot + 7 feet listening distance = 9 feet.

Listening position against the back wall when listening = bad

3 hours ago, 82 Cornwalls said:

H-IVs are over 1 foot deep + out from the wall 1 foot + 7 feet listening distance = 9 feet.

Listening position against the back wall when listening = bad

If for any reason you are forced to have your listening position tightly against the back wall, can an absorbing audio panel alleviate all the negative effects?