New Heritage Subwoofer - Any Early Photos?

Heritage_Head

23 minutes ago, Travis In Austin said:

Nope, it’s all top secret right now. I had to pry them out of a photo for the banner. I don’t know what we will be able to photograph when we are there.

That's not exactly true.  Roy showed two of the prototypes publicly at the Audio Advice Live show back in August.  You can see them in this YouTube video.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, MMurg said:

That's not exactly true.  Roy showed two of the prototypes publicly at the Audio Advice Live show back in August.  You can see them in this YouTube video.

There ya go. As you say Those are working prototypes but only two of the four. Grandpa and Papa. Momma and Baby are in the flyer (my designations, working titles).

Roy and his team have been working on them constantly since then. 

Travis

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 3:29 PM, haydukej said:

A third prototype for reference and assuming this is the behemoth version? Mr. Schu's feet for scale. 

cant be the  XLarge   , height is ok  at close to 47 inches  , but the width should be  45 inches.......  photoshop   

On 9/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, OO1 said:

cant be the  XLarge   , height is ok  at close to 47 inches  , but the width should be  45 inches.......  photoshop   

for scale, the Jubilee's are 17 feet apart ctc and the oled is 65"

I have those secret photos (roy would not like them to be posted again I am sure)... and in the photoshop above, the heritage sub is scaled accurately using a AL5 (in relation to a jubilee) which the sub was sitting next to in those now delete pictures.

also, Roy himself posted tentative dimensions of all the potential Heritage sub releases. I can't imagine Klipsch will release to the market all the prototype sizes.

• 3 weeks later...

3 weeks to the Bonehead class on these subs.  My prediction is whatever sub or subs you use now for your lascalas or other Heritage speakers...........you are going to want new ones, the right ones.  🙂

I signed up and am going to take the opportunity to hear early and decide.  Can't wait to hear these things.  If you have lascalas or even other Heritage speakers you should consider checking this event out.  Good times ahead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, OilyBoy said:

Are there Herritage Jubilee owners who still crave for a sub? or is it more for the LS etc.

Even after doing a significant bass cut to correct for room gain, the -3 dB point for my Jubilee at the listening position is 16 Hz.  So, I really don't need any of these subs for additional bass extension or output.  However, if I had the room, I might be tempted to add one of these at an anti-node (say mid-wall rear) to make the bass more even in the whole room.  I did this in my basement Palladium theater system (originally only had two subs up front then added a third mid-wall rear), and it really smoothed out the bass throughout the room.

• Like 1