Sooo. I have a new friend. πŸ™‚

I have her album. I was not impressed with her songwriting. However,Β  she is clearly a talented bass player, sort ofΒ 

along the lines of Victor Wooten, and I think her strength is playing bass for others.

Β 

That Jeff Beck chose her is certification enough for me.

• Like 3

This solo performance by Tal gave me absolute goose bumps, I had tears in my eyes when I saw it, because of this incredible joy of playing and energy that Tal radiates, like an angel sent to earth. Unfortunately, I only saw it for the first time two years ago, and today it's almost 17 years ago again. My goodness how time flies.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This piece with Herbie Hancock shows that Tal belongs to the top class of all bassists ever. The tune is one of my absolute favourites for the desert island in the original with the headhunters, but this new version of "Actual Proof", completely modernised and adapted to the development of the music in our time, made my jaw drop. not only Tal but what a play together by the band. Β It looks to be the same drummer as with Jeff Beck in the video above, Vinnie Colaiuta.

Β 

Β 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Peter P. said:

I have her album. I was not impressed with her songwriting. However,Β  she is clearly a talented bass player, sort ofΒ 

along the lines of Victor Wooten, and I think her strength is playing bass for others.

Β 

That Jeff Beck chose her is certification enough for me.

I share your impression, her own band projects or song writing is a different animal, it even does not need her virtuosity on the bass. Anyway if she likes it why not.

• Like 1

A female Aussie friend turned me on to Tal long, long ago.Β  I told a local friend who was great on bass about her and he couldn't get enough of her.Β  That had to be 25 years ago or more.Β  She was like a 16 year old kid back then but never stopped playing.Β  Asked permission from her parents to move to the US to learn more and she's learned from the best in the business.Β Β 

Β 

2007 was post divorce and I needed outta Ohio so I called a friend and asked about something or ANYthing to do.Β  She said Crossroads was happening in Chicago and next thing I knew I had all area credentials for the entire place.Β  Yup, slept in a semi-trailer and spent a lot of time sittin on hard road cases watching it all happen and winkin at some old friends.

Β 

Beck was Beck back in the day.Β  The biggest whiner you'd ever wanna meet BUT he was so darn good and then I heard Tal was w/him?Β  One of her first big gigs and she totally nailed it.Β  Jeff was giddy as all get out when they were done but we all knew goin in that she was gonna kill it.Β  Kill it she did.Β  Nailed the coffin shut to boot.

Β 

She's herself in her lyrics and when she plays it's the same way.Β  She's busted her rear getting where she is today.Β  That's one lil girl I'll always admire.Β  She goes so deep it's scary when she starts.Β  Don't think that will ever change with her.Β  Classy AND sassy!Β  lolΒ 

Β 

Tal-Wilkenfeld-Love-Remains-20.jpg

Β 

Scotch.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 4:49 AM, KT88 said:

This piece with Herbie Hancock shows that Tal belongs to the top class of all bassists ever. The tune is one of my absolute favourites for the desert island in the original with the headhunters, but this new version of "Actual Proof", completely modernised and adapted to the development of the music in our time, made my jaw drop. not only Tal but what a play together by the band. Β It looks to be the same drummer as with Jeff Beck in the video above, Vinnie Colaiuta.

Β 

Β 

Well isn't that just the bee's knees. Thanks for sharing