Daughter Was Deployed Today

Gregorius

Greg, I have not read through all the posts in this thread so please forgive me if you had already posted this but... What is it that she does? From you last post you said support, but what exactly does that include?

I hope the best for her. 4.gif

m00n

m00n,

She is a military police attached to a quartermaster company. They are under strength so she is the supply sergeant for the unit which provides fuel, oil, and water for the troops. She really expected to be sent away by now, but you veterans know Uncle Sam.

Regards,

Greg

• 5 months later...

My prayers go out to your daughter and family. I am in the Army Reserves as well. If I go I leave behind a wife but no kids, so it must be extra hard with a kid involved. The Army trains like if its real, so I am sure she'll be just fine. She'll take what she has learned from here to a country that is really screwed up and try to make things better for everyone! Now you need to to look forward to a speedy, safe trip back, until then write her often, it always made my day alot easier to hear from my wife when I am out in the field.

Thanks,

She has been in Iraq since April, and the latest is that they will be home for Xmas. They are in a safe area, but their convoys are the ones being shot at and bombed almost daily. My wife writes her at least 3 times a week, and we send out a care pkg every week. She calls us occaisionally for about 5 min so that is good.

My grandson is doing okay considering the circumstances. I blew up some photos to 8x10 and put them on his bedroom wall so he can kiss them goodnight. He says prayers for her every night, and we talk about her just ike she is still here. Her greatest fear is that he will forget her, he just turned 3 yrs old in May.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Greg

• 1 month later...
Guest Anonymous

Greg

My prayers are with you for you daughter safe and swift return, may she come home soon and fill your heart with joy.

all the best Steve Smilin Milin9.gif

• 1 month later...

I wish you guys the best of luck.My future son-in law is in the reserves and just came back a few months ago.

Bushes advisors had wanted to go to war with Iraq before we were even attacked in 9/11. And al-quaida wasn't aided by iraq it was aided by by the Saudi's, Iran, and the U.S. when we supplied weapons to the taliban during the anti -soviet afghan war of the 70's.

Too many politicians want other peoples kids to risk their life so that they can make money.

http://www.tribnet.com/news/iraq/stryker/

Hey guys,

I tried to stay away from this thread for as long as I could. Whatever our personal beliefs regarding motives, just war discussions, and geopolitical outcomes, it is important to pray for the safety of our parents, siblings, and children serving in country. Some of them will be coming home in body bags, others will be mentally, physically, and spiritually damaged.

The top is a link to my brother's Stryker battalion that recently made it in country with close to 5,000 troops. The Tacoma paper has an embedded photographer sending daily reports, which is a godsend for Mike's wife and four year old girl. Please keep them and all involved in Iraq in your thoughts and prayers.

----------------

On 2/15/2003 4:00:03 PM mdeneen wrote:

There is a big difference between extending best wishes and good luck to soldiers in arms, and blindly accepting that they are acting on my behalf. They are not acting on my behalf. I don't want them there, and I don't agree with or support what they are going to do.

Your argument is the Neuremburg argument. "I was just a pawn, doing what I was told. I accept no responsibility for just following my orders. It was the guys above, not me. I did it in the best interests of my country. I should be getting a medal today. "

People, are not robots - except to the extent they accept being robots. People can conscienciouly object. There are means for people to make other choices. Those means are both legal and illegal. Being "in the Army" doesn't excuse your own conscience, as we discovered in Viet Nam.

The reason old fat intellectual dwarfs send YOUNG people to die for them is that they CAN. 20 year olds are unseasoned, impressionable and USED for that reason. It's what Gung Ho! means. Later, when they suffer from the horrors of their own participation, we kick them to the curb, prosecute the ones who used bad judgment, ignore the ones who have become psychopathic or worse. Let's take a real long hard look at our existing history of how we treated the veterans who "fought for all of us."

Agent Orange? No such thing Pal. get outta the office. Gulf War Syndrome? You bullcrapping jerk, there is no such thing. There were no chemicals dropped on your head. Oh, you are psychotic, homeless, an alcoholic, burnt out from your nightmares in the Jungle/desert? Gee, too bad get in line with the other 50,000 phonies claiming such injuries. Ain't it a shame.

I don't want any of your sons and daughters to get hurt or damaged. And the best way I know how to prevent that is to NOT PUT THEM IN THAT CIRCUMSTANCE. The second best way is for them to understand the philosphically unsound pretense under which they are being used. And for that, the parents are essential.

We are perpetually in this dilemma. We "unconsciously" (lit: blindly) decide to accept some "Chief's" command. Then asked to sacrifice our children for it, then having done so become morally wed to THAT pretext and outcome through pure rationalization. It's one of the grand absurdties of our lives.

Chief worship is a disaster. Always has been. It excuses all. It slathers righteousness on the "non-decison makers" and forgives all sins. It prevents humankind from any significant advance. The line of Bad Chiefs is longer than anyone's patience to debunk them.

mdeneen

----------------

Reading between the lines of this diatribe I sense a closet "menshevik" and collectivist. Next it will be a dissertation on the evils of "consumerism"!! I wonder if you learned your history from Chomsky? (another defacto 5th columnist) Why do people of your ilk always sound as though you have the corner on "morality"? The only aspect of this morality I agree with is the mention of ill treatment of disabled vets. Other than that the prose style bespeaks of one who is in love with the odor of his own excrement.

Canadian.

""And the massive marches held around the World show that a few might be thinking.""

Courtesy of the Marxist "rent-a-mob" international. The numbers are actually not significant but the images do look convincing on the 11 P.M. news............

My prayers, good wishes and total respect go to your daughter.

While we idly chat here, people are making the ultimate sacrifice for us over there.

Remember that EMail that was floating around about a year ago that listed the oil companies and where their the oil came from? If we boycotted the middle east oil how long do you think it would take before we crippled the economies of those governments who are committed to our extermination?

Imagine if Americans bought only American products. How long would it take to see our country in an economic boom as never seen before?

We are our own worst enemies. For a few bucks we have sold out our fellow countrymen and then proceeded to blame George Bush. And I am guilty too.

Want a world economy? Great. But then accept the fact that our standard of living will start to come down as the 3rd world's go up. And maybe thats not a bad thing. You just can't have it both ways.

Take charge of your own life.

Quit thinking you are always right.

Be an individual and treat others as individuals. (No labeling!)

Think about it, swapping George Bush for Dizzie Dean is not going to make you a better person. Change YOU!!!

As I said before. I am as guilty as anyone.

No name calling, I just described a political tendency or affiliation......Do you know what a Menshevik is? How is "collectivist" name calling? (how about "intellectual dwarf" This is not!!?? Nothing to refute, this is the same "handwringing" rhetoric that becomes numbing after awhile, however I will withdraw the terminology re: "romance with one's excrement" though its still not name calling. I feel for the gentleman's (Greg's) plight and concern for his daughter and extend my condolences to him. Can we get back to audio? Or agree to meet on another politically oriented website and continue in this exercise in futility. I like my LaScala's!! No! I love them!! How's that for a segue........?!!

Canadian....

• 4 months later...

Greetings Gentlemen,

Long time no contact with this forum, changed jobs etc....

The good news is that my daughter is safe in the states now. She arrived last Wed. safe and sound. She should be released back to inactive reserves in about another week.

Her unit was not without casualities though, a young man was killed and two more wounded by a roadside bomb and RPG on Jan. 2nd when they attacked a fuel tanker, one of the other soldiers lost his right leg.

It is only through God's grace and providence that the situation was not worse. Her unit was stationed in Fallujah where they are having all of the trouble now.

May God be with those Marines that are there now, I fear it may get much worse before this matter is resolved.

Regards,

Greg

Greg, may your daughter enjoy some peace and rejuvinating time together with family.My youngest bro is the mechanized repair officer and resupply for central Iraq for another two months. He has had a couple choppers shot out from under him in the last three months. I'm hoping we can get the political turnover accomplished without acquiescing to military interests.