Coming Soon: La Scala AL6 Giveaway - IT IS HERE

Like my dad told me about basketball and women, if you don't shoot you can't score. Can someone loan me about two fiddy?! 😁

• Haha 2

On 5/21/2024 at 2:40 PM, The Dude said:

I am so excited I can hardly breath.  Which wood grain would I request?  Probably cherry if I can get lambs wool grills.  

Not that one? Wait…. A different speaker is built? What about the one in the picture?

On 5/18/2024 at 12:33 PM, Travis In Austin said:

The person whose name is drawn will have the option to select from the woods available for the final production (possibly walnut, cherry, black ash). The cabinet build and final inspection, selection/matching of drivers, and crossover settings will all be personally supervised by Sr. Engineer, Roy Delgado, Jr. (Chief Bonehead) who will hand sign them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imeiamme said:

Not that one? Wait…. A different speaker is built? What about the one in the picture?

I completely botched those quotes. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, imeiamme said:

The one in the picture is a laboratory prototype, basically a current AL5 modified with the new components for testing.  It is one of the pair that we heard at the Chief Bonehead class back in March (https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/224127-chief-bonehead-class-spring-2024-new-iterations-of-the-la-scala-and-klipschorn-coming/).

The winner of the contest will get a pre-production pair.  Those are the pairs built to work out the steps in the production process before final production starts.  So, they will essentially be a production pair, just built under Roy's supervision.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, imeiamme said:

It’s an example of what it will be, the photo is an earlier prototype. What will be given away is the final version before production. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2024 at 1:33 PM, Travis In Austin said:

He even came up with nicknames, like Montagator. 

ok you got me to google it... nothin'... what is a montagator, pray tell?

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2024 at 11:33 PM, Travis In Austin said:

He even came up with nicknames, like Montagator. 

I caught that too @Vivi but if PWK came up w/a nickname or name I'd be the last one to question what he called anything.  Chief Engineer Roy Delgado was prolly called Roy UNTIL PWK hung the moniker "Chief Bonehead" on him.  Now maybe he did and maybe he didn't THAT I don't know but...  Nope, not sayin a word here.  I just scrolled on down.  😂😂😂

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I caught that too @Vivi but if PWK came up w/a nickname or name I'd be the last one to question what he called anything.  Chief Engineer Roy Delgado was prolly called Roy UNTIL PWK hung the moniker "Chief Bonehead" on him.  Now maybe he did and maybe he didn't THAT I don't know but...  Nope, not sayin a word here.  I just scrolled on down.  😂😂😂

Paul's nickname for Roy was "Señor Delgado." 

A Motengator is a mythical creature that looks like an alligator. Per PWK it doesn't have an anus and thus has a surly disposition. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Vivi said:

ok you got me to google it... nothin'... what is a montagator, pray tell?

It was the nickname PWK gave to the MCM 1900 System per @kharmondds:

"Your explanation sounds strangely familiar to what is called in layman's terms, "Motengator syndrome," after the motengator, generally accepted as being the meanest animal on the planet.

The motengator has the head of an alligator at one end, and the head of a crocodile at the other, and the reason he's so mean, is because he can't defecate.

Paul Klipsch had an incredible vocabulary, I had to look up the meaning of motengator years ago because I didn't know what the term meant. This must be why he used motengator to describe the mcm 1900 stacks.

Kevin"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, The Dude said:

@Travis In Austin any up date?

Should be up and running by this weekend. Doing testing, verification, etc. 

I’m hoping we are all set to go, and we can do the drawing around the 4th of July Holiday, then the sponsor whose name is drawn can get their selection in so when it’s time to run the Pre-Production Beta down the line everything is in place.

Travis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, MMurg said:

I got an email.  Perhaps they are giving museum members first access.

@Travis In Austin or @Chief bonehead, are we allowed to share the details here yet?

Wanted to give our members a bit of a head start, remember, the AK6 Klipschorns we did in a similar fashion, those entries sold out in less than 10 days. 

Here you go!

I'm going to lock this thread so that comments are all in one place. 

Travis

• Thanks 2