For those who think I am anti-American

Kain

First of all, I am not anti-American! I actually like America (as a country) and like most of their people. However, what I don't like is their government and their foriegn policies. That's all.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/29/2003 9:45:11 AM Kain wrote:

First of all, I am not anti-American! I actually like America (as a country) and like most of their people. However, what I don't like is their government and their foriegn policies. That's all.

----------------

That's fair.

Kain, correct me if I am wrong, but... This image

egyptphoto.jpg the kids in the back holding thier hands together above thier head... I thought that was an Indian cultural thing. Yet this image is from an Ancient Egypt link...

Is this Egyptian or Indian?

Did someone call you anti-American?

I think you are more the victim of anti-American biased news reporting than anything else. I'm sure you haven't seen the video of U.S. and British soldiers giving out food and water, or the one where an American soldier, in obvious pain, carries a bloody Iraqi soldier to safety. I doubt you heard the interview with the U.S. sargent, blood dripping from his arm, that captured 4 Iraqi soldiers, wearing civilian clothes over their uniforms, that had just tried to blow him up. He could have just blown them away with his assualt rifle, but his was first concern was to get them safely off of the bridge and ouf of the fire zone. We've seen dozens of grinning Iraqi kids shaking hands with the soldiers and dancing while the soldier hands them candy.

These stories are so common on our news as to appear to be the biggest thing going (obviously it's not). We are not capturing women and kids and using them bullet shields, either; nor are we showing P.O.W.s on TV. Had we only wanted the Iraqi oil, we would have stayed 12 years ago.

Try to remember that almost all news outlets have an adgenda and will selectively report the news to support that adgenda. I used to think our news outlets were bad, until this war. The 49-country coalition has reporters from all over the world travelling with the troops and sending back video that clearly puts the lie to much of what is on Al Jezeera.

Kain -

I dont give a flying frog what your ethnic background is, where you live, or what your political views are..My beef with you, is that your are the sole surviving board member that has ever used profanity, abusive language or name calling directly against me. I don't tolerate that type of personal abuse under any circumstances..and so you have earned my everlasting disdain.

For the Kain supporters, I will never use the word cardboard again on this forum.

Don't blame Kain for the shortsightedness of the administrators/moderators

have sympathy and empathy, sing Koom-bi-ahhhh and hold hands, hug some trees and lets all try to get along while we ban ones from our own country because they were insulting and hurting other peoples feelings.

I don't see what you guys have against kain. he's not pro-terrorist, he's not anti-american, and he isn't plotting to plant a bomb under the hood of your new BMW. he just sees the war differently as a gay person would see gay marrige laws differently (not trying to stir up trouble).

----------------

On 3/29/2003 11:21:14 PM prodj101 wrote:

I don't see what you guys have against kain. he's not pro-terrorist, he's not anti-american, and he isn't plotting to plant a bomb under the hood of your new BMW. he just sees the war differently as a gay person would see gay marrige laws differently (not trying to stir up trouble).

----------------

Yes, very true.

Yes, really we can't blame Kain. He's merely a victim of his upbringing and surroundings. Saddamn and Osama are his heroes the same way certain pro wrestlers are to the less intellectually and culturally advanced members of OUR culture.

Of course pro wrestlers don't murder thousands of our innocent civilians, and martyr to death their own innocent noncombatants, but again we can't blame Kain because he's centuries behind the modern world of reason and logic.

Remember Kain thinks in the way of revelation. That is, whatever happens is God's will and doing. That makes cowardly terrorists heroes. That makes murdering terrorist tyrants cults of personality. Revelation allows modern logic and reason to be thrown out the window. Because, after all, the West was built on science and innovation, and God can only do that.

The West is evil. Our Governments are evil. Therefore we the people being murdered at the hands of ordained terrorists is not only quite ok, it's God's will.

Liberals can relate better to Kain, though they wouldn't understand why as well as a sensible outsider. Though not to Kain's extreme, Liberals apply their own political revelation to defy logic and reason. Though the God of the Liberals is the Government in their own religion of idealism.

Anywho, wonder if Kain has his gotten his aljazeera Baath Party Souvenir mug yet. 6.gif

What a dangerous place to state opinions, but I can't help myself, sorry.

I give diddly sqwat about Kain's position on this war and I am personally offended by most (maybe all - too many words to read through) of his positions. I will only defend his right to those opinions.

As to Cybergeek - when you start putting Liberals in the enemy category I am equally offended. Thanks for a stereotypical analysis. You have some good points, then start attacking liberal folks like me. I still defend your right to those opinions.

I am not sure I would have made the decision to enter this war, but I do not know all that our leaders went through to arrive at the decision, so I really can't go any further than that - having been on the 'inside' of some past national policy decisions (just a fact of the job I had) it was always my experience that a significant amount of secure information was used by generally well intentioned folks to arrive at the decision. I do put trust in our leadership having gone through that process.

When we start shooting at folks, it is always good to have an 'end objective' as this war does. This helps our soldiers focus and probably saves lives. When we chose to be very cautious about civilian casualties, it complicated the soldiers duty - especially when the opposing military uses this as a shield and a tactic. We need to support our soldiers as they tackle this difficult job.

Lastly, as we take on the 'Axis of Evil' and remove the current membership, what do we do next year with the new 'Axis of just as Evil' (sorry to borrow this from John Cleese)? While I support our leadership, I do not plan on wearing blinders, so I will have to be watching and gathering information to find where my opinion and vote is best used. I do know that history tells us that the introduction of Democracy through force takes longer to grab hold since the affected population has an extended period where they are unable to tell the difference between the last dictator and the conquering army.

May this war end with speed and victory. Let's hope the right thing is happening and that the world approaches the post war activities with humanity and integrity.