Notable Klipsch Heritage owners

cwm

Quite a few years ago I was reading a few high end speaker reviews along with a general discussion about different approaches to speaker design. They alluded to the fact that Klipschorns were, for whatever reason, generally disregarded in the "high end" subjective mags but, despite that fact, many people of note (musicians, entertainers etc.) make that trip to Hope, Ark. (almost literally!) to acquire these speakers. The writer even used the phrase that many of the owners of Klipschorns read like a "who's who"!! My question is, does anybody here know of "notables" who do in fact own Khorns? I'm sure "high public profile owners" are out there but dont publicly discuss their preferences in "HiFi" etc.!! TIA.

RJP

Along the same lines. Has anyone ever seen any Klipsch speakers in a movie? I just saw 2 big stacks of MCMs in Gross Pointe Blank during the reuinion dance. I also remember seeing what I assumed to be a Klipsch center being used as a ship's loudspeaker in Outbreak but I could be wrong. Anyone...

Speakers are but a link in the chain, there olny as strong as the other links. With the right gear they sound great, yes i'm quite qualified to make this statement. I've owned no less than 20 different ss amps and have recently swicthed back to mono block tubes.

" HIGH END " ?? Means high price, i've got buddies with wilson audio and other select brands, believe you me the k-horn properly outfitted with the proper components can outshine speakers at double or triple the price.

This forum is a great place to hear about mistakes made by other members, this will save you dearly in the pocket book. I olny wish this site was around 20 years ago when i was making morgage size payment on garbage SS amps. Thershold and nak come to mind quickly.

Speakers of high sensitivity are a different beast all there own, you can get just as much unwanted sound as quality sound.

Dale

I don't know if this is in context, but the latest Best Buy commercial here, shows the salesman talking to the customer, and in the background is the Klipsch Logo! Then they pan to a smaller set of speakers, and it Looks like he is pointing to the Klipsch Promedia / or Quintet speaker..................just my observation................

I think i saw a pair of K-Horns in Allen Jacksons interview,also there is a pair of Cornwalls i think on the house boat in the movie 9 1/2 weeks.Saw a few more somewhere else but cant remember right now,let me think on this a bit,but Andy would now more im sure.....rick

For a minute there I thought you were talking about Pinkard And Bowden:

as in:

I was a cook and she was a waitress,

Down at the Salty Dog Seafood Cafe,

And somewhere 'tween the clam juice and the seaweed salad,

Some little shrimp just lured her away.

Oh, I lobster and never flounder.

He wrapped his line around her,

And they drove off in his carp.

I octopus his face in, he'll only break her heart.

I said just squid and leave me for that piano tuna,

If you want to trout something new;

She was the bass I ever had, now my life has no porpoise,

Oh, my cod, I love her, yes, I do.

He wrapped his line around her,

And they drove off in his carp.

I octopus his face in, he'll only break her heart.

.... Frankly scallop, I don't give a clam.

• 5 weeks later...

----------------

On 10/20/2003 10:10:32 AM Tony Reed wrote:

I seem to remember someone on this board saying something about Bill Clinton owning a pair of Heresys.

Tony

----------------

Probably used them to provide music for his intern strip shows.

I can hear him saying or thinking something like Monica has some nice moves for a fat chick. Wonder if she will ride my cigar.

11.gif

JM